Wearing Kilts!

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
sasquatch said:
Certainly the full outfit (with jacket, wasitcoat etc.) is usually reserved for weddings, balls and Burns night, but the kilt is very often worn with a pair of boots and T-Shirt/shirt/jumper for sporting events (like the 6-Nations Rugby for example).

Whenever Scotland are playing football (soccer) abroad there is guarenteed to be a good few thousand members of the supporting "Tartan Army" travelling in their kilts to support the team.

:cool: "Tartan Army" what beautiful name....Tartan...

Hmmm...very nice! Just imagine wearing them in the pub and getting happy bcause of the beer and sitting without modesty...:cool: wow!!! What a view!

I would never guessed when they are officialy marching playing the...(forgot the name of the instrument) they were commando...do the "authorities" knows that? (just kidding...:biggrin1: ) Oh man...now everytime i hear or see Scottish something i will have naughty thoughts for sure...

Edmond405

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My partner and I both wear kilts frequently as our families are but one generation here from Scotland and Whales. No, we don't wear anything under the kilt - the exception being the occasional cockring or my PA. We each have four or five kilts and have decided that our next purchase with be a UtiliKilt. Saw them at the Highland Games last fall and liked them very much.

It is difficult to get used to pants again after a family wedding or funeral weekend when we are in our kilts for four days or so.

LOVE KILTS and Love to see guys in them!

Ed

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Pecker said:
Kilts won't catch on until they are sold at Wal-Mart.

No, Thats not true, they will catch on as soon as Hollister/American Eagle/Bitchy Prep Store makes one but calls it a new name like Cali Cool Shorts, and charge 49.98 for a pair.

Edmond405

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
CUBE said:
Actually most men wear a thong under a kilt....and yes I have researched it in the actual country

Have worn a thong under mine several times. For my straight and gay friends afraid of going without, I've recommended the thong as the best option. Plus, the right thong keeps the boys in great shape. My cousins in Scotland don't wear a thing under theirs and have laughed at my cousins in Denver that insist on wearing their boxer briefs - of course they laughed at my PA, too. That is until one of my cousins got his own - now he gets it.

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
mjfriel said:
...remember if you do go for the commando under a kilt look, when you sit down in a public place, it might be advisable to cross your legs...

Utilikilts has a solution to this problem. For example, the Workman models, designed for tradesmen, come with system known as "modesty snaps," particularly useful if your trade involves climbing ladders.

For more info, see https://secure.utilikilts.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=46 and scroll down to the features section.

By the way, it is claimed that this model "will keep even the biggest tool tight and secure all through your working day."

Reactions: ActionBuddy

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
CUBE said:
Actually most men wear a thong under a kilt....and yes I have researched it in the actual country
I'd disagree with you. While I'm sure not everyone is bare under there, most take pride in the fact that they are. You might want to check out http://sporranclan.org It's a group of Scottish kilties, and they'd really disagree. Also, as sasquatch, in E-burg wrote:
sasquatch said:
Nothing should be worn at all - and in fact if you try and do so here in Scotland and your friends find out then you get a wedgie until your underwear is ripped off!
Then,
Edmond405 said:
...My cousins in Scotland don't wear a thing under theirs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gisella
Please..translation on this "Go Comando" expression..please.

What does it means???
Matthew said:
When a guy is not wearing underwear :wink:
In regards to kilts, most kilties say, "regimental," referring to the fact that in the Highlander Regiments, they actually do check, if you are suspected, or have been accused of underwear. I'm familiar with an officer at Stirling Castle, if you want confirmation on this practice. One of the few exceptions to the practice of nothingness, are the Highland dance performers. For them, a small pair of black (so as to appear as a shadow, and not as actual undies) undies are REQUIRED to be worn.

Pecker said:
Kilts won't catch on until they are sold at Wal-Mart.
While they're not sold at W-M, there are many stories from UtiliKilt wearers ( http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/utilikilt/ ) who work at W-M, that have fought, and won the ability to wear them to work.

mjfriel

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think the main restriction to mass kilt-wearing is the cost. Most people I know rent them for special occassions but there are some people who are willing to splash out.
When thinking of the going commando thing, spare a thought for your poor circumcised brothers. All that itchy material....

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
mjfriel said:
I think the main restriction to mass kilt-wearing is the cost. Most people I know rent them for special occassions but there are some people who are willing to splash out.
When thinking of the going commando thing, spare a thought for your poor circumcised brothers. All that itchy material....
True! A genuine traditional kilt can easily START at $400 (USD), and that's most probably a low estimate. They more typically start in the $600 range (a real one, is custom measured, and hand-crafted). I was lucky and got an amazing used military-issue Gordon for $100, from an estate sale, that is a perfect fit. I mentioned "genuine" above, because paper-thin woolen, and cheap polyester, knockoffs are available, and MUCH cheaper, but absolutely horrible. Beware of these if you find a too-good-to-be-true deal, as are often seen on eBay, and even in tourist shops in Scotland.

Modern, non-traditionals, like UtiliKilts, start at $129. FYI, unusual sizes, or sizes that are in high demand, and used, can actually go for MORE than new UKs on eBay (I just sold at used $129 kilt for $140).

When I got my Gordon, a friend of mine, formerly in the Highlanders, asked me, "Did it still have it's 'tadger patch'?" He then explained that it's not uncommon, especially in those rare cases where the squaddie is circumcised, to stitch in a nice, soft, small cotton panel to the inner apron. It's done to stop your manhood from being rubbed raw by wool on long hikes. :tongue:

Nelly Gay

Experimental Member
Media
A Glasgow company makes kilts in all sort of non-traditional fabrics including camouflage and leather.
The company is called "20th Century Kilts" and the kilts cost a very reasonable £250.

sasquatch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nelly Gay said:
A Glasgow company makes kilts in all sort of non-traditional fabrics including camouflage and leather.
The company is called "20th Century Kilts" and the kilts cost a very reasonable £250.

Are you thinking of the Edinburgh-based "21st Century Kilts" company by any chance? :smile:

PECTACULAR

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
thanks for the pic! Angle looks familiar. Feel bad.........Nate from UK fitted me for my Utilikilt. A really nice guy,too. But, I did get the "HARD PURCHASE" not the hard sell! Sorry I flashed my boner to a straight guy! And twice at that! Sure I was not his first "chubby" during a kilt try-on!

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
PECTACULAR said:
thanks for the pic! Angle looks familiar. Feel bad.........Nate from UK fitted me for my Utilikilt. A really nice guy,too. But, I did get the "HARD PURCHASE" not the hard sell! Sorry I flashed my boner to a straight guy! And twice at that! Sure I was not his first "chubby" during a kilt try-on!
Damn! Now I REALLY wished I would've worked that booth! I've never had a guy get full on wood at a fitting, but definitely seen some get fuller than normal a few times. :biggrin1:

samhung

Sexy Member
Media
I wear my clan's kilt about four times a year for the annual Highland Fling (Scots version of a higher-class square dance!), two family reunions (Mom was Scots) and to the annual Burns day celebration.

Always go commando under a kilt. You are asking for ridicule if you don't in my family!