Wearing Kilts!

Hungrey

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
As an older Scotsman living in Scotland and a life long wearer of the kilt I say nothing should be worn under the kilt. That said, care must be taken not to offend or appear to be uncaring as to how you handle the situation. When sitting on a bus or train etc instead of crossing the legs open them allowing the kilt and sporran to fall down between the knees a little then close them a bit. Being streetwise about wearing the kilt comes as second nature. Just take a little care thats all.

It is a wonderful feeling to be in the street with nothing on underneath and quite legal. Incredible feeling of freedom as the air is allowed to flow all around the bits n pieces. You should try it. Something like swimming in the nude I sometimes think

9 x 6 1/2" as it happens and if you get stiff when wearing the sporran it certainly does "come alive" as it were :)

Reactions: deleted645178

dukey

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Are you kidding! I'd totally buy a kilt for $ 49.98!

I think to get one tailor made is like $ 900. Three cheers for massed production!

dukey

findfirefox said:
No, Thats not true, they will catch on as soon as Hollister/American Eagle/Bitchy Prep Store makes one but calls it a new name like Cali Cool Shorts, and charge 49.98 for a pair.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
dukey said:
Are you kidding! I'd totally buy a kilt for $ 49.98!

I think to get one tailor made is like $ 900. Three cheers for massed production!

dukey
Well, probably one of the more mainstream attempts was a Hilfiger collection, but you can be sure they weren't for $49.98 :tongue:

Attachments

Reactions: boloneri1958

PECTACULAR

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
$49.99 at Wal Mart? Well, not going to get into the amount of fabric and the ability needed to really sew and structure a garment like a kilt but, if kilts were on everyone.....would they have the same interest? They are never going to be an on mass wearing like jeans.

But, the great part of a kilt is you don't have to wear one to appreciate seeing it on someone else.

In America wearing a kilt TO GO SHOPPING AT WAL MART is where the balls are. You'll never feel more free or walk with such confidence!

I finally got the balls to wear a kilt everyday. Laundry day is my 'shorts day" until my second Utilikilt arrives!

KILTS GIVE COMMANDO AN ALL NEW MEANING!

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Edmond405 said:
My partner and I both wear kilts frequently as our families are but one generation here from Scotland and Whales. No, we don't wear anything under the kilt - the exception being the occasional cockring or my PA. We each have four or five kilts and have decided that our next purchase with be a UtiliKilt. Saw them at the Highland Games last fall and liked them very much.

It is difficult to get used to pants again after a family wedding or funeral weekend when we are in our kilts for four days or so.

LOVE KILTS and Love to see guys in them!

Ed

Never seen a human descended from a Whale before!! Sorry Edmond could not resist:biggrin1:

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
PECTACULAR said:
But, the great part of a kilt is you don't have to wear one to appreciate seeing it on someone else.
Ooo, you say THAT again. :wink:

PECTACULAR said:
In America wearing a kilt TO GO SHOPPING AT WAL MART is where the balls are. You'll never feel more free or walk with such confidence!
Well, there's no Wal-Mart on the westside, but I do go to Walgreen's quite a bit. LOL! The last time, there was some tall 6'4' - 6'5", lumberjack-looking guy, with a scowl on his face looking at some item in one of the aisles, and as I walked by him to the cash register, he just looked down at me (I'm only about 5'7"), only made eye contact, and continued with the same annoyed scowl. While I was waiting to pay, I turned around and looked back for some reason, and there was tall-boy, with his head craned around the end of the aisle, checking me out, now with a look that could only be described as a confused and curious puppy, on his face. :tongue:

PECTACULAR said:
KILTS GIVE COMMANDO AN ALL NEW MEANING!
Fun, isnt' it? :biggrin1: What part of L.A.? Every once in a while, the Utilikilts board throws out the idea of a kilt night in L.A., but the response is usually pretty weak, and it fizzles, which is odd considering the number of kilts sold in the area.

handcuffsfan4

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
when i was like 4 i visited my grandfather and i gota kilt. it wasnt my clans kilt but it was a traditional one. i guess it was wierd cuse i wore it on the plane home and when i saw my dad i said "oh its my scottish lava lava". people asked me why i was wearing it alot cuse im half filipino half european so i just look like a flip wearing a kilt.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
handcuffsfan4 said:
when i was like 4 i visited my grandfather and i gota kilt. it wasnt my clans kilt but it was a traditional one. i guess it was wierd cuse i wore it on the plane home and when i saw my dad i said "oh its my scottish lava lava". people asked me why i was wearing it alot cuse im half filipino half european so i just look like a flip wearing a kilt.

How cute!!!:tongue: :wink:

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
PECTACULAR said:
Hey guys,

last weekend I bought my first kilt. (shameful plug HERE....) Made by a company out of Seattle WA called UTILIKILTS COMPANY. Any one else heard of them or try them? Tell you, they are not your typical plaid Scotish kilt thing. They are so comfortable I wish I could give up pants and wear them every day. Kind of takes some balls (no jokes, please) to run around doing errands the first time but, let them look!

Would really like to hear others opinion of these and some chat about your experiences.

John

I have heard of them, and have been toying with the idea of buying one for years.

Gonna get one now...

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
HickBoy said:
I have heard of them, and have been toying with the idea of buying one for years.

Gonna get one now...
I would go to the Utilikilts site, and check them out. MAKE SURE that you follow their sizing directions. American sizes are not accurate. My waist size in American jeans range from 29"-31", but in a UK, I wear a 33" kilt. Unless you happen to be in Seattle, and can go to the factory, your real best bet is to go to UK's What's New page, and click on Calendar, to try to find an event near you, and get sized by having them fit you with an actual kilt, in one of their event booths. Once you know how they fit you, and you have "your size" (and some models tend to fit differently than others), you can then order online to get a particular model/color, if they don't have what you want right then and there, or to just get more. Also, once you have a size, you can go to their Scratch and Dent page, and find some bargains too.

Dragon Rider

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am pagan and at our festivals a lot of the guys are in kilts all weekend. I know a seamstress that makes them and she is very good at making them. don't know what she charges for them but they are great. I wear mine every chance I get, nothing like the freedom in one.

G.man

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
mjfriel said:
I think the main restriction to mass kilt-wearing is the cost. Most people I know rent them for special occassions but there are some people who are willing to splash out.
When thinking of the going commando thing, spare a thought for your poor circumcised brothers. All that itchy material....

Actually, the front of the kilt is lined a wee bit down, so it's not itchy. Other previous comments that i've herd the americans say is about getting excited in public - here's a tip, move your sporan to the side slightly, the added weight pulls everything down. And yes, you do have to wear a sporran, otherwise it means that you don't have any testicles. And you NEVER wear underwear nder a kilt. I don't know how anyone can, just as novice_btm says, the proper ones are thick wool, they're very hot, it's good to get a bit of a breeze around your boys, especailly when your dancing (and again when you're dancing, move you sporran round a bit so it doesn't bang against your nads).
It's not unusual to see guys wearing kilts around town at all. Usually their dressed up, so it looks like they're going to a special occassion, but it an often be for sports events, just going out clubbing, or to a party, or it can be a part of the uniform of some workplaces (the scouts here all wear kilts).

I'll be wearing my kilt on saturday for my friends wedding. I feel sorry for english people, and well, everyone else, but especially the english, becaue we're right next door to them, because i think kilts look much beter than tux's. That and they dont' have ceilidh's at weddings, what do you do?

Reactions: Scott11e

mau98192

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally from Glasgow and I can assure you that there ain't to many men in Scotland wearing thongs ever never mind under kilts.

English girls are much more forward about lifting the front of your kilt, Scottish girls generally lift the back.

Did once try to wear underwear under my kilt - but it created a huge bulge and couldn't go out like that. If you are wondering why I treid to wear underwear it was a posing pouch complete with little kilt on the front that my friend and I got to wear under our kilts at our uni grad ball.