Weather (ww)

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
dont forget v!!!

Mr Zimmerman said it was important for consumers to support farmers by continuing to buy Australian fruit and vegetables, as the farmers who had lost most of their crops might still have a small portion of goods to sell to help rebuild their business.

"It's important for the future of the economies:

Grocery prices will rise across Australia because of Cyclone Debbie. Here's what is affected
As farmers start to assess the damage from Cyclone Debbie, shoppers are also expected to see some fruit and vegetables rise in price.
'''

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-...es/8396246?WT.mc_id=newsmail&WT.tsrc=Newsmail

Reactions: 185248

dont forget v!!!

Mr Zimmerman said it was important for consumers to support farmers by continuing to buy Australian fruit and vegetables, as the farmers who had lost most of their crops might still have a small portion of goods to sell to help rebuild their business.

"It's important for the future of the economies:

Grocery prices will rise across Australia because of Cyclone Debbie. Here's what is affected
As farmers start to assess the damage from Cyclone Debbie, shoppers are also expected to see some fruit and vegetables rise in price.
'''

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-...es/8396246?WT.mc_id=newsmail&WT.tsrc=Newsmail

Most Tomatoes are grown down south now https://kagome.com.au/

They have huge Tomato trellises as high as 3 metres. They supply 90% of Aussie love apples :) Even to Maccas and lot's of other lands...............

How about the grape business. Where we once subsidised the NZ grape growers.....:) :)...http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-...-red-over-absurd-and-perverse-subsidy/6457906

Shhhh we love our Kiwi mates...:)

Reactions: rbkwp

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
all cool
we dont heed no wars in our region

yep
spent a season at Echuca
and far prefer an Au red over ours ha
thanks for the generous wine subsidy
but youve been dirty on us for years with the Apples, fireblight scare i think it was huh/thats changed thank your G... ha

speaking of Apples

Australia allows importation of NZ apples

New Zealand apples have been banned from Australia since 1919.

Trade Minister Craig Emerson says Australia must abide by international trading rules.

"If Australia does not fully comply with the decision of the World Trade Organisation, Australian farmers would be exposed to retaliation by New Zealand," he said.

"Australia exported $8 billion worth of goods to New Zealand last year. New Zealand could retaliate against any Australian products."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-08-17/new-zealand-apple-import/2843650

Absolutely bucketing down here at the moment. Schools are home all along the Queensland coast. One of the things which is amazing about nature, is just how much water is stored in those clouds.

Reactions: alcor972 and rbkwp

thank you, rbkwp for these informations about the southern hemisphere summer in australia...
the australia map you posted has been very helpful to me to better imagine and possibly understand the possible flows running in the atmosphere around ths island/continent...
moreover... it helped me to make a very interesting intellectual exercise... as I am not used to think about the winds streamlines in the southern hemisphere...
so thank you again... lol
I don't know exactly what information the colors refer to... even if I suppose it must be bound to temperatures or heat features visualization...
based on this... the dissymetry you showed on your posts between the eastern and western parts of the continent are indeed quite impressive...
I had no idea that eastern australia could be so much hotter than western australia in summer... as I was naively and primarily thinking that the temperatures field must have been less contrasted through the whole area...
to the north of the continent... I think that the pale green area depicts the presence of tropical to equatorial moist or very moist airmasses... wet tropics as mentioned by halcyondays...
I suppose that those deep tropics airmasses generally linger near the northern edges of the continent all year long...
and during summer... they must have a tendency to go farther northward in a southerly to southwesterly monsoonal flow bringing showers all along the northern coastal areas for the least...
now... the yellow/orange/red colors inland... beneath the southern tropic of capricorn... depict the tremendous heating from the sunlight... which must considerably expand the australian airmasses upward and toward both the adjacent oceans of the continent...
it seems to me that such a phenomenon is responsible for the african easterly jet during the northern hemisphere summer... as considerable expanded... heated and dusty airmasses from the sahara and sahel areas invade the entire tropical atlantic ocean...
on the indian side of africa... another easterly jet also exists... the tropical easterly jet... but its mechanisms are somewhat different from the african easterly jet... as this indian flow occurs at higher levels than the atlantic flow... and I have iller-defined ideas about it...
now... it would be interesting if I tried to find out if such streams occur on the pacific and indian oceans because of the heating of australia...
rbkwp... you already told about the size of australia... that you considered relatively less extended comparatively to the other continents...
nevertheless... australia might be as large as the other land areas in the southern hemisphere... as most of the african lands... and a non negligeable portion of southern america... must be north of the equator... I have to watch a map of the world to get more certainty about this point...
for this reason... I think that australia can produce similar middle and possibly upper level flows as those observed around africa in the northern hemisphere...
I think that these flows... interacting with the trade winds beneath... could have an effect on tropical cyclones formation too...
the dark green areas along the southern australian coast could depict... I think... the mid latitude westerlies influence...
therefore... I suppose that these westerlies are responsible for the rain in the southwest... and that their weakness to the southeast may explain a little the dry and hot weather there...
but it could be a more tropical internal cause too for this latter pattern... like a kind of multi-annual cycle
of course... I think to el niño... as... if I remember well... when el niño is strong... dry and hot airmasses are above australia and indonesia too...
but I don't know what is el niño phase currently...
thanks again rbkwp... and thank you halcyondays for the temperature you gave...

If you are keen on Aussie weather. A site you could visit is http://www.bom.gov.au/

Reactions: alcor972

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
snzI8VLZYEofTVeXS8oR45JU9YzRqKoZElvUMnGsQFTdn_M_u0QzxCXL4oR-DJ6Mv8aCjHvOH9QPV-LpB-37xQYp0Vj9mkxjAZRjQoqj3A=s0-d-e1-ft

share/share alike Aus/Kiwis cool!!!/AGREE

You can't say us Aussies don't share...;)

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

again
NZ Media is the shit
utter CRAP!!!

Live: Severe weather sweeps NZ

no where near as bad as they portrayed
Kiwis are not going to be fooled by pseudo fear, especially the next day when weather predicktors backtrack and state the obvious usually that s its veered off or such
know its there role to warn, but??

apparently only the North Island was affected majorly
but going by that headline the entire of NZ was affected

RUBBISH

in my area for eg, no wind/rain at all,just a normal day/evening with light showers
todays turned out to be a beautiful glorious sunny day
what you get after a supposed tragic day
and NO DEATHS how severe is that compared to tragedies elsewhere

so you know!

our media is startting to try and instill panic/fear into its populace like the Americans and maybe the Aussies v haha

will admit some of that has happenned

Live: Floods, landslides and road closures as record-breaking rain hits North Island
6a4a10dcac5722c6170b068f2dd5dd007a4dff796649827e93032385ff89a16b.jpg

Live: Severe weather sweeps NZ
People evacuating their homes trapped in cars by rising floodwaters, while heavy rain and high winds head south.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/911...nd?cid=edm:stuff:dailyheadlines&bid=168087042

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
well
NOT AS DIRE AS PRESENTED/my opinion

tbh geuss one NZ town is/was affected perhaps not on the scale of any overseas countries natural flooding disasters/deaths/no deaths in this inst,is a telltale mark of a storms severity

perhaps run of the mill flooding/a river burting its banks,as compared to extreme disasters/continuos unseasonal rains etc as has happened in this case
pointing that out as it could be viewed differently

and wouldent particularly attribute this cyclone to GW/CC myself

New Zealand floods force mass evacuations

Parts of New Zealand's North Island are under a state of emergency because of a severe storm system.

Two days of torrential rain coupled with strong winds have caused widespread flooding and evacuations.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
looks like NZs crapping out big time
and we started/participate in no wars???

just goes to show huh,mind your own bussiness and still suffer the etc etc
yahooooooooooooo doom and gloom, we are a part of the whole?

Top Headlines

M5 quake rattles NZ
A strong earthquake has struck near Seddon and has been felt by thousands of people.

Inside the Edgecumbe cordon
Rescuers recount how they found a man latched onto a fence. He'd just woken up - surrounded by water.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
cant say personally experiencing a thing,80km out of Aucklad
wouldent know anythings happening, but obviously it is

ar least the Aussies are showing an interest

Cyclone Cook: Auckland spared but New Zealand still on high alert

'We're worried': New Zealand braces for worst storm since 1968
New Zealand is preparing for what weather authorities are warning could be the worst storm since 1968, as officials move to evacuate seaside towns, close schools and warn residents to reconsider their Easter holiday plans.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-...ks/8441894?WT.mc_id=newsmail&WT.tsrc=Newsmail

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
after blasting down the North Island's East Coast

saying that is close enough to the cyclone veering off
and vaugely affecting the NI
never felt a thing on this West coast side of course
and always consider NZs a small island where all would normally be affected, just saying?

Live: Weakening Cyclone Cook eyes up the south after blasting down the North Island's East Coast

Live: Cyclone Cook

Cyclone Cook has passed over the North Island with less intensity than expected, but it still left thousands cut off in Hawke's Bay, and floods and slips down the east coast. Today, the clean up begins - again

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/91481782/live-heavy-rain-expected-to-bring-flooding-to-already-sodden-areas

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
ooohh we are still hitting the global news!
have to say,even tho NZs a small country living 'up North' as i do,have never felt any of these quakes ever,incl the major one
fortuitous i geuss

Ripple effects of New Zealand earthquake continue to this day
November tremor sparked slow, deep movements in Earth’s crust that increase the chances of a similar severe quake within a year.

GettyImages-623580860_web.jpg

New Zealand’s 5-month quake

nature_news_NZ-fault-map_27.04.2017-NEW.png

The magnitude-7.8 earthquake that hit New Zealand last year is still rippling through the country, five months on. The quake ruptured a complex set of geological faults near the surface and triggered slow-motion movement as deep as 40 kilometres in the Earth’s crust, some of which continues to this day. This ‘slow slip’ movement has so far released as much energy as a magnitude-7.3 earthquake, and makes it more likely that the region will experience a similar quake within a year.

http://www.nature.com/news/ripple-e...-this-day-1.21876?WT.ec_id=NEWSDAILY-20170424

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight