Web Cams on LPSG chat

Is it rude just to look at a cam before evening chatting with them.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

horny6.5

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What do you think is rude if a person just asked to see your cam without talking to first or should you connect with the person and then check out the cam. What do you think.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It would be nice if there was a different icon for cams that require requests and the cams that don't to solve this problem, wouldn't it? I usually just click away, but I rarely choose to click on one. I mostly just view my friends unless someone says something that would specifically make me want to click on someone else's cam.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I always click on the cam without asking. If I get rejected I don`t have a problem with it. But tbh, I hardly ever use LPSG chat cams as a wanking material. I almost always use to talk to friends. LPSG chat has some really smart and fun people to talk to.

august86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I always click on the cam without asking. If I get rejected I don`t have a problem with it. But tbh, I hardly ever use LPSG chat cams as a wanking material. I almost always use to talk to friends. LPSG chat has some really smart and fun people to talk to.

I concur, Lukz. :wink:

I click on unfamiliar cams out of pure curiosity, not as wanking accompaniment. (as you would notice, I never watch for long anyways)
It's the cammer's prerogative to allow whomever they wish to watch them, or disallow if they so wish.

I must also mention that many cams have been conversation starters for me...

+1 Luka and Augs.

I don't mind if random ppl click on my cam - so I'll click on others' if I feel like it. If they don't want me to view, they can deny the request - no biggie.

Yadabla

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I don't see any problem with it. This is a website about penises, so you're bound to get that in the chatroom.

B_liono

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
It would be nice if there was a different icon for cams that require requests and the cams that don't to solve this problem, wouldn't it? I usually just click away, but I rarely choose to click on one. I mostly just view my friends unless someone says something that would specifically make me want to click on someone else's cam.

This is a great idea. Somehow I get the feeling that those with private cams, myself included to some extent, get annoyed by those they are unfamiliar with asking to view. An icon specific to users who have made their preferences set to ask to view cam would eliminate what I think is a lot of that.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I see this two ways. For one, if you're in a public chat room doing things on cam that you don't want people to see, then take it somewhere more private. But on the flip side, if you care to watch some do something incredibly personal and intimate, it would at least be polite to ask them if you can watch. Now if you know a person loves to jack off on cam and have anyone and everyone watch them, then I suppose it wouldn't be disrespectful to click the cam without asking, but if you really don't know the person or their camming preferences, just ask. Can't hurt.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I click on Cams from time to time, and often without asking permission. If it is open great, if it is restricted then also great.

When my cam is on, It is on for public view, unless the person viewing is a pain in the rear.

Opalite

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I rarely look at strangers' webcams in chat, but if I do I ask before I do so. I do the same for friends; unless they have previously told me it's okay if I wouldnt. As for my own cam - which I'll usually put on Private - I would rather have someone ask, just because it seems common curtosy to do so. Then again, I'm free to deny who ever, so It isnt such a big deal.

D

deleted3782

I don't click on many mystery cams, but when I do, I find it annoying when people cherry pick among the crowd who is allowed to watch...it turns into a "haves versus have nots". Its particularly odd when guys say they don't like having other guys watch them and then cheerfully and publicly acknowledge every compliment they get from men...but that's a different topic.

It would be nice if there was a different icon for cams that require requests and the cams that don't to solve this problem, wouldn't it?

That would be helpful as a way for the cammer to let people know not to bother asking to view the cam.

If they want to make their cam private they have that option,

...true, but that still involves lots of denials on the part of the cammer.

I must also mention that many cams have been conversation starters for me...

Yes, I know. :tongue:

You are among the chat room chatters. I've always said LPSG gives back what you put in...and chat is no different. If you put sex out there as your signature...people tend to treat you like a sex object. If you present a rounded person, people tend to appreciate that. If you act like a jerk... etc etc.

shyhotgurl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What do you think is rude if a person just asked to see your cam without talking to first or should you connect with the person and then check out the cam. What do you think.

I find it a very rare exception and I'm actually kind of surprised if someone asks for my permission first. I mean it's probably only happened maybe 3 or 4 times and I've turned on my cam countless hundreds of number of times... I always say "Of course it's okay!"

hung9mike

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It would be nice if there was a different icon for cams that require requests and the cams that don't to solve this problem, wouldn't it?
I agree. I hardly ever ask permission to look at someone's cam. I assume that if they've turned it on, they want people to watch. I also assume that anyone who denies my request to watch isn't what he/she claims to be and that they don't want that fact to be discovered. :tongue:

buzzrider7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Wow! It never even occurred to me to ask for permission! If I go to Chat, I usually just click away, assuming that anybody who is camming in the General room is open to being viewed. If I'm denied, then I assume that means that they don't want guys to watch, or that they're not putting on a public show. No biggie.
I did not realize until recently that you can make it private, however, by starting a session in a private chat room and then closing out the General tab so that you're no longer visible to the whole group - just the person you're chatting with in the private room.