Web site designer desperately neeeded for erotic web page

Discussion in 'Straight Adult Websites' started by WildHoney, Oct 17, 2007.

1. WildHoney

Gold Member

Hi guys,

I just completed 4 gruelling months of 40 hour a week tutoring in photography, and 20 hours a week in photoshop ( i am an all or nothing kinda girl :tongue:)

I am now on my way to starting a new business in erotic photography.

I desperatey need someone ( amateur or professional) who is ok with dealing with adult nudity and content to design a fabulous web age for me.

It is a paying job .

I know you guys on here are net savy, and am sure there is someone out there to help me out?? PM me or reply here, or if you know of someone arty and professional, please send me his/her details.

xx

Thanks guys

WildHoney​

2. D_Geffarde Phartsmeller

*tears* I just started learning Photoshop CS3. Does it really take 20hrs/week for 4 months???? Is that how long you spent with it to get ACE certified or to master it completely??? You're scaring me!!!! But otherwise I'm basically a chill guy :cool:

3. WildHoney

Gold Member

Thats how long it took for me to master it.....lol..I might be a slow learner but it is a very complex program to use properly ( (I found anyway)

xx

Honey

4. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
  5. WildHoney

Gold Member

Calboner..I love you..thanks...I tried doing an online search but I didnt find any of those pages..( which are just what i am after !!! )

xx
    thanks so much

Honey

6. D_Geffarde Phartsmeller

You're right it is a complex program. Lots of breadth. I still remember when photoshop was new! So much easier. Oh well guess it'll give me something to do

7. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    I did two Photoshop courses as part of my web design certification. The Photoshop stuff was about 10-12 hrs/week for 4 months. Pretty grueling but lots of fun. (I only do kids educational stuff though)

8. whatireallywant

Gold Member

I'd like to learn this stuff too... it might help with my career, although I think learning Java or C++ would do me even better. Of course, learning ALL of these things would be preferable (and seem to be a requirement of many employers...)

9. nakedwally

Gold Member

Albums:
    I do know my stuff when it come to designing websites PM me if you still need help. Wally

10. snoozan

Gold Member

I've been using Photoshop now for about 10 years, 4 years as my primary occupation. I've been doing photo for over double that.

There is no way in hell I've mastered either-- every day is a learning process and I've just gotten to the point in the last two years where I can truly consider myself professional. I still have tons to learn on both subjects, and I have a four year degree in photography.

Sorry, guys, but you can't possibly "master" Photoshop in a few months no matter how many hours you put in. After those few months of intensive lessons, you've just started.

WildHoney, I wish you luck, but to be honest, you can have a webpage you paid a million dollars for but to really have a photography business where the work is any more than amatuer level, you need more than that.

People who fancy themselves photographers and think their work worthy of charging people with little knowledge and little to no experience take work away from truly professional photographers and make the business look bad.

A few years ago I got really angry at a man I worked with for years when he told me I wasn't ready to go out and work on my own yet. Looking back, he was right, and I would have done myself and my clients a disservice if I hadn't ultimately listened to him.

Sometimes I lament the development of digital photography because with film at least the learning curve was a little higher.

11. WildHoney

Gold Member

Thanks Snozdan, i realise you have studied hard for your work and appreciate that. However the people I am working for are VERY supportive and encouraging towards this new endevour and they too are long time photographers.

I am working in a field where there are not many women, so the niche is there.

Calboner - Thanks for those links, the guys got back to me and I am working with them.

x

Honey

12. lilneesy

lilneesy Member

Check out a websight called wordpress.com Its a FREE content managment system using css. It's free and I've seen some very very nice webpages done with it. It has plugins and extensions out the wazoo so you can customise it in all kinds of ways. Oh yea, and its free. Let me know you how you get on with it please. I plan to start a blogging sight this winter using wordpress.

13. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    LOL -- I know you're not referring directly to me, but I wanted to chime in for the record. I never said that I'd mastered Photoshop. I've only done two courses, and there is far more to be learned. It's a huge program and I've only scratched the top of it. I consider myself merely handy with the program.

Graphically, I do illustration work with vector graphics (not bitmaps), and I work with Flash, Fireworks and CorelDRAW, but mostly CorelDRAW.... and after nearly 2 years of continual use I'm STILL learning THAT program! :wink:

14. r2kdbc

r2kdbc New Member

I tink I could help you out. Msg me.

Draft saved Draft deleted