Wedding Proposal Ideas??

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Dorian_Gray, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Dorian_Gray

Gold Member

Albums:
    I am going to ask my GF to marry me and i was wondering if any of you had any really romantic ideas?? I know this is kinda of an odd post but i don't really have any ideas...:confused:

2. Porterhouse

Porterhouse New Member

you should list some of the things she really loves, is she the type of girl who would like this as a private moment or would she love for you to announce it to the world as you ask? Basically you're going to want to tailor the experience for her, as men we just get to enjoy the "yes" and the extreme happiness from the lady. So just try and picture what would be a perfect setting and series of events for this to happen.

Man I just wrote a lot of bullshit without really being too helpful at all, sorry.

3. Hatched69

Hatched69 Member

Albums:
    A nice dinner at a cozy restaurant the night before, followed by a drive around town, then to a beach/theme park the next day at which time you could propose. I proposed to my wife at the top of the "Beast" roller coaster at Kings Island in Cincinnati (her favorite ride), at which time she said "yes" (obviously), and I replied "Good! It's all downhill from here for me...."

4. Dorian_Gray

Gold Member

Albums:
    She likes.... dinner-by-candlelight, extravagant gifts, she would much rather cuddle up under the blankets and watch a good movie at home than at the movie theater...... OH yea..... Money is NO object!!! how would you pop the BIG Qts?

5. Pumblechook

Pumblechook New Member

Albums:
    Do it naturally.

What I mean by this is, you sit down, you talk as you always do, you muster the guts that it takes to ask her to marry you. And do it in your way, the way you would say it if you were asking.

Thus, the surprise is in the non-surprise, the electrifying shock lies in the grounding of electricity.

So, sure, doing something crazy (while gutsy and impressive), like proposing at a ballgame or doing a backflip while reciting your proposal backwards, will no doubt leave a story that she can tell all her friends for ages to come, it would in many ways be commonplace and uninteresting, and most importantly, without the connection that you have with a person to propose in the first place. This is no side-show act.

I believe the best thing you can do is be sincere and propose in the way that is natural to you. Then, the two of you can truly connect in the way that you always have been, but in the momentous leap forward that is the agreement of marriage. And the shock, while perhaps not a great story for some hackneyed mush movie, will hold close to her heart, for it will be the essense of your true self that is prevalent in her mind. The comparision of techniques is similar to the way that the decent of sparking fallout from a firework can reach your palm orange in flare, yet leave only ash in hand, without any sensation, but the very outermost tips of a flame still burn your fingertips.

And on a second point, I have to say, whichever way you choose to propose, if you are the person for the job, it will be evident and complete. If you are at this stage in your relationship, it is likely that you are, so I would have confidence and continue to take the right path in your relationship, so its harmony will prevail.

Now as information on my words, I must admit that I am only 21 years old and, while I have been in a couple longer relationships, I have been nowhere near marriage. So, experience does not back my suggestions, but only perhaps what I have learned so far, or know from some other place.

Good Luck!

6. Porterhouse

Porterhouse New Member

part 1. If you don't live together bring her flowers, if you do live together, buy flowers and clean the house.

If you both drink get a limo or arrange for transportation for the night.

Part 2.Walk in the park/do her favorite activity in the area you will be proposing in. Buy her something here or bring a romantic gift with you.

Part.3 Go to a intimate dinner where her favorite food is served.

Part 4. Go to her favorite location or type of area, If she likes the beach go there, if she likes a view from a certain local etc... take her there, talk, pop the question.

You could get a nice hotel room, or if she is more comfortable at your place go there and make sure you're ready for a long night of....

Anyway pretty standard stuff here, best of luck and I wish you and your SO all the best. However you choose to go through with it, it will probably be great and be sure to put your touch on it, nice to see you're giving it some thought, your lady will be able to tell that you cared.

7. PussyWellington

Albums:
    What a wonderful and wise man you are!

8. Gisella

Gold Member

My favorite scenario:

Not touristic beach , blue/green clear waters and magnific sunsets..would be nice. Wearing light, pastel or white linen outfit for both and biquini and speedos underneath it...candles and nice sea food...my hair all free with little flowers on it...soft sexy music to dance and roll in the sand...bedroom doors that opens to the sea...

:smile:

9. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Give her the sky and everything in it.

Seriously. Have skywriters write her name all over the sky. Then tell her the sky and everything in it is hers, and all youu want in return is her hand to hold, forever. Or something similar.

10. fkaKyuhaku

fkaKyuhaku New Member

Ferris wheel at night overlooking a beautiful city!!! Ive always imagined proposing to a girl in that situation. Just dont do it at a sporting event.

11. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

arrange a dinner,(Home cooked or restaurant) and hide the ring in a piece of food. When she discovers it, then make your big proposal.

12. episcalo

episcalo Member

Albums:
    What he said.

I think asking someone in mariage should be backed by very careful thinking with the partner. It shouldn't come as a surprise, imo, pretty much as buying a house, where you just (in most cases) don't go around and say
    "honey i bought a house, i'm sure you'll like it"

I'd say to cut the hollywood crap and be true to yourself. Love works only with honest truth toward each other. Start your life long öfficial" relation with the truth of yourself... :)

Just my 2cts :)

Draft saved Draft deleted