Weee Tori

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by ashlar, Dec 17, 2004.

1. ashlar

Gold Member

Albums:
    Oooer .. i'm so excited :) New Tori Amos album comming out in Feb. I hope I get a chance to see her on her next tour.

2. mindseye

Gold Member

:)

I first saw Tori live back in August, 1992 at a tiny club in Bloomington, IN, called Jake's. My date and I had front row seats. She played every song off Little Earthquakes except "Girl", plus a few songs that had not yet been released (but later ended up as b-sides -- "Mary", "Here In My Head", "Song For Eric")

I've seen her twice since then -- but that first show really blew me away.

3. madame_zora

Gold Member

I've never gotten to see Tori live, but am eager as hell to see her this tour. She is the most amazing musician and composer I can think of. I'll have to check out her touring schedule to see if she's coming anywhere close.

4. ashlar

Gold Member

Albums:
    :)

I first saw Tori live back in August, 1992 at a tiny club in Bloomington, IN, called Jake's. My date and I had front row seats. She played every song off Little Earthquakes except "Girl", plus a few songs that had not yet been released (but later ended up as b-sides -- "Mary", "Here In My Head", "Song For Eric")

I've seen her twice since then -- but that first show really blew me away.
    [post=267861]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

Last I saw her live was the 5 1/2 week tour right before 'to venus and back' came out when she was touring with Alanis Morisette. I was third row center and it was much fun. She pointed at me a coupple of times while singing "Little Amsterdam" and a few other songs.

I really wanna see her again.

5. ashlar

Gold Member

Albums:
    Indeed. :) I'm on her mailing list for www.toriamos.com and I got an email that had a link to a little video she did talking briefly about her new album and how happy she was to be playing again, and excited to be touring and to see everyone again. There was also a link to an interview she did over the phone for MSNBC.com where she said something similar and answered a bunch of questions. I actually cried I was so happy. :)

6. madame_zora

Gold Member

My violin-playing friend likes to treat our crowd to his playing along with her cds, it's really amazing. I nearly came to tears hearing him play along with "Liquid Diamonds" which is a favorite of mine anyway.

7. ashlar

Gold Member

Albums:

Oooer .. that would be hella cool ... i've played around with a few of them but i'm attempting rewrites for violin and piano arrangements.

8. intheloop

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Yay Tori!

I like her a lot. I first came aware of her when a friend gave me her old cd of Little Earthquakes, and I fell in love with her. Her lyrics, music, voice. whoa :)

I don't have all of her albums but I'm slowly building up my collection. I don't usually find her records in stores here, in the Middle Of Nowhere, Mexico, but amazon.com is my savior. Hoping to get this new album too!

9. madame_zora

Gold Member

If Amazon ever lets you down, try ebay- used cds sound just like new ones, and they're cheaper too. If you don't have "Songs From the Choirgirl Hotel", I think you'll like it. I was lucky a friend got me into her music from "In the Pink" and I've loved her ever since.

10. ashlar

Gold Member

Albums:
    My older brother gave me her little earthquakes CD when I was very young. I held onto it for a year or two before finally listening to it and fell in love. I have over 30+ CD's of her's from all over the world, I've seen her live 3 times, and her music's been a huge part of my life ever since. The Sunny Florida CD+DVD is good. The music CD portion of it are B sides from Scarlet's Walk, and I've fallin' in love with one of them titled "Seaside"

11. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

For those of us unfamiliar with Tori the artist please tell us how she entertains her fans.

Is she a new wave violinist?

12. ashlar

Gold Member

Albums:
    She plays piano and sings. Very surreal in style, more often than not, amazingly peaceful to the point of almost becomming a spiritual experience. Though, this is the case for me, it is obviously not for everyone.

Draft saved Draft deleted