Weight and testosterone levels

ConstantComment

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My guy is on the heavy side. He told me that his GP is encouraging/warning him to lose weight before they have to put him on high blood pressure/ cholesroerol/ and so on medicinies.

He also noted that his testorone levels would go up (and then he would be able to hold an erection longer) if he lost some weight.

All these good reasons to lose weight. How do you help someone along. I encourage him to walk more (he lives near the city center) and I also discourage him from eating late at night, with varying degrees of success.

Any suggestions to help him?

VernalTiger

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Have a look online for diets that raise testoterone levels - there are a lot of sources out there, mainly bodybuilding sites. For the most part they're healthy with an emphasis on good oils like fish oil. Supplements for magnesium and zinc can help as well.

D_Skippy_Skidmarx

Sexy Member
Media
I have kept over a 100 pounds off since 1995. I cycle and teach spin classes at my local gym. Since 1995, as I got in better shape my labido has greatly increased and still increasing. I have gotten to the point where I orgasm at least three if not four times when ever I have sex. Almost as good as when I was young. Regardless of my diet, my testerone has increased largely due to excercise, I believe. Work out hard five or six days a week and that will help things a lot.

Reactions: SexyMorenoPaTi

D_Skippy_Skidmarx

Sexy Member
Media
I as I indicated above, I'm a indoor cycling instructor and work with folks that I have had to coax to come in to the gym for the first time. If you work out a lot, you could get your man to work out with you. The hardest step tp take is walking through that gym door for the first time. Once I get these new people into my class for the first time, I encourage them positvely. I tell them to start slow and go at their own pace. The intense work outs will happen up the road. I have lived this scenario my self. Weight loss was not easy and it's still not, but it's good! Persistancy is helpful and good luck!

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
fat converts testosterone into estrogen. is why some chubby dudes have fat distribution similar to ladies, the hips and boobehs area.

is best to cut out xentoestrogens, mostly phytoestrigens found in things like soy and what not.

keep the dairy in check, dairy cows are loaded with artificial hormones to extend lactating phase after birth. i don't care what the FDA says, that ain't good for kids or anyone really.

switch over to proteins found in whey and eggs, both help stabilize and maintain testosterone levels.

heaps of fruit and veg, both help clean out your system increasing the nutrient level ya body can absorb. peanuts are awesome too. they are like testosterone builders.

cut out booze. ya body can't process testosterone if it's working full time to filter out booze. booze is also bad for ya liver. a stressed liver will not produce the right hormones.

weight training, muscle produces testosterone and burns more calories than fat. focus on working large muscle groups. go for low weight and higher reps.

get a good nights sleep. at least 7-8 hours if possible.

article of interest

Reactions: SexyMorenoPaTi

fangirl

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
running would be better than walking, even if its just a weak trot. i was a walker for the majority of my life, but my whole body changed when i started running. walkers gain weight fast and have to have stricter diets. believe me, i know. i would walk for about four hours a day (i love me the country), and eat balanced, but if i went out and ate, i would swell. my dad was the same way. he was a body builder, and walked to help keep his legs stretched, but even with all that extra muscle, he would still gain fat if he did not keep to a strict diet like what Mikeylee said.

running is different though. it makes the muscles more coordinated and offers a fitness level that weights, step, kickboxing and cycling never gave me. all those activites will spike testosterone, especially the weights, but the benefits were not lasting. Stopping, hit my dad especially hard becasue he had to get big for competition, but when he stopped his body filled in the extra muscle with fat. the massive extra fat skewed his hormone level. he's not old, but alot of his secondonary sex traits like hairness decreased. walking helped him loose the weight and was better for his flat feet, but he still has boobs. it did not keep him from becoming diabetic or lower his cholesteral to take him off medication. even with diet.

i, unlike my dad, started running. now im not a great runner or a fast runner, but i run. And i love it. diabeties runs in my fam, as well as hypothyroidism, but i have the best sugar levels of all my family except those who run more than i do. (the ones who play basketball, soccer and football). hormone level became balanced, so my bp is now normal. my diastolic number went from 50/60's to 80's. even though my knee was injured and i had to slow way down on my time, my fitness level is still the same. I dont diet, i just manage my porportions, and running is relatively cheap. no memberships, no remembering what can or cant be consumed. I get my time in anytime, so no biggie. surprisingly, my sex drive is stronger, orgasm is better too. because the running increased the way my body handles constant stress, my heart no longer hammers when i cum and i can recover from orgasm faster. and if running did all that for a chick, imagine what itll do for a dude.

gaining high testosterone is not important if your body cant handle processing it. running will help your body run more effecient and do more with the testosterone your dude is already producing. then, any addition in testosterone will make even more of a difference.

so i say just tell your dude to run. even if its just five minutes, once a day. and make him do it right. there are plenty o websits with tips on how to run properly. (i didnt take them seriously, and i injured my knee and my arch on my left side) get good shoes. shoes that fit your feet and are not worn. dont diet to harshly. low calories make running a bitch and feeling beat up like that will discourage your dude. hope this helps.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
There is some good things here that have already been said.

As we add weight for reasons unknown estrogen (estiadol) levels rise as well. In addition to this many men who are overweight also have a rise in prolactin levels.
(Men make prolactin as well but in men it is used as a control hormone rather than actually encouraging lactation unless the levels are substantially elevated.) There was already a poster who mentioned drugs to force cows to give milk longer. The drug is prolactin. Prolactin combined with elevated estiadol levels is a trip to ED and a trip to other problems with the prostate as well. The weight loss and exercise will definitely have a positive effect especially if the weight is pure fat. The problem is the bodyfat to muscle ratio. The more the muscle the better off you are.

Good Luck with the BF!

D_Skippy_Skidmarx

Sexy Member
Media
How old is your guy? As we all know the older we get the less of everything we have except for a tendancy to gain weight. Suppliments are very good to compliment our diets as we age, but the number one way to release more testosterone as well as HCG is vigourous excercise. Running, cycling with weight lifting are great ways to do this. I choose cycling. I don't mean ten miles a week, 150 miles a week is more like it. Also, in regard to age, he may need an internal medicine md instead of a gp. Good luck!