Weight and tone

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by TaigaStar, Mar 16, 2010.

1. TaigaStar

Gold Member

Albums:
    I just want to start by apologizing if this isn't the right section to post, but "appearance" seemed a logical choice.

I'm just wondering if there are any good "beginner" methods to lose weight and body fat. Since I stopped working last June, I haven't really been as active (and i'm kinda lazy) and I've gained weight back. It kind of sucks because it's become all-over weight. Likewise, are there any good ways to help get rid of fat on thighs and stuff?

2. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

Sports... and healthy food, but mainly sports and exercise...

3. nudeyorker

Gold Member

You live in NYC, go to Central Park and walk around the reservoir a few times Better yet if you don't have a bicycle rent one and take a ride through the park. If you have rollerblades that's great exercise too.

4. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

Remember that you can not specifically target and control the places from where the fat is burned. This is the myth that has many overweight people doing crunches, when diet has more to do with abs showing than any exercise.

That said, healthy eating and exercise will help you burn fat.

5. D_Helmer Heighballs

D_Helmer Heighballs New Member

i dont know if this is true for everyone, and people feel free to disgree and point out any blatent mistakes i make.

but give resistance training a try, work your arms shoulders and chest, i also work my my legs. the theory behind it is that muscle will burn calories where fat do sent, and secondly a bigger chest and arms will make your tummy look smaller untill you loose the weight and the fat off your tummy shrinks.

the other thing is drink plenty of water, it will help increase your metabolism and flush out toxins, try to eat plenty of protein and fruit and vegetables, and TREAT yourself. let yourself have desert but keep it to small portions and occasionally.

thats all i got. let me know how it goes eh.

x

6. VeryHung

VeryHung New Member

Albums:
    At first, try getting movement - any kind. That could mean taking the stairs instead of an elevator, or, walking instead of other means of transport.

As for diet, avoid snack foods, and, eat lots of vegetables and proteins.

If you are also unemployed, this can be a cause of depression. To that end, make sure you have positive human contact.

7. TaigaStar

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ironically, i gained about ten pounds while working because I was miserable and grabbing anything chocolaty I can find. the half mile walk to and from work just wasn't enough to burn calories. I am, however, in grad school now (laying the foundations for one of my dreams), but I agree completely with the need for positive human contact.

I appreciate the tips and advice and I hope to hear more. With the warmer weather here now, I was planning on doing a lot more walking and stuff. :smile:

8. ManTubeula

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Lastly..You Could Always Pay Me For Personal Training

9. cdog204

Gold Member

Albums:
    Diet and exercise. Here in the city it is so easy to just get a ton of exercise walking around. 20 blocks down an avenue is about a mile. It certainly takes longer to do stuff, but I find that it is fun to talk 40+ block walks. And if you're a grad student, let's face it, you've probably got plenty of time to spare.

10. kid_rami_02

kid_rami_02 New Member

Albums:
    Diet is the easiest thing because exercise can easily discourage you and even intensify your cravings for junk food. If you do exercise, make sure its something you like.

When I say diet, I don't mean starving yourself because this will halt your metabolism and every carb you eat will instantly be stored as fat. Start eating whole (raw) foods and cut down on fatty foods. For snacking, have a piece of fruit, (unsalted) nuts, etc.

Protein is mostly if you are a bodybuilder -- if you're not, then cut down. Also, cut down on your milk consumption and drink water.

Raise your metabolism by having 5 small (healthy) meals throughout the day instead of 2 or 3 large ones.

I read that your biggest meal should be breakfast and your smallest meal should be dinner -- this allows your body enough time to use the energy without storing it for later. You also shouldn't eat after 7pm because of this.

11. badboybryce

badboybryce Active Member

Albums:
    I'd rather pay you to...Wait, I shouldn't be saying this! LMAO

12. TheRob

Gold Member

Albums:
    well one thing is to look at your diet
    another thing is to take up some type of exercise
    jogging seems to work the best for me when I want to lose weight

13. TheRob

Gold Member