Weight Issues Anyone?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by Smaccoms, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Smaccoms

Gold Member

Albums:
    So this past year has been the "fat era" of my life. At the begginning of the year, I was 225 lbs at 5'10". Never had I been so fat in my entire life, and at least half my wardrobe was too small for me.
    I started working out more this summer since I had more time, and I just realized this morning that two pairs of pants and three pairs of shorts fit me again. I have no idea how much I weigh right now. I wanted to make a thread about it, cause I want to talk about it, and this seemed like the best place to me.
    Anyone else loosing extra poundage right now? It's such an exciting affair isn't? What exactly are you doing to loose it? So far, I've just been jogging or swimming everyday with a proper diet, but I thinking of switching to a sprint intervals soon, for Quidditch (better my speed for the pitch).
    YAY I'm excited!!!

2. jimmeedee

jimmeedee New Member

I have always been a bigger guy (in terms of waist nothing else sadly lol) and about 3 years ago I hit the biggest that i've ever been which is 22stone and had a 44" waist - there was no excuse for it - i just kept getting bigger and bigger (and eating and eating and eating) until one day I literally woke up, saw myself in the mirror and realised i hated every single part of my body and that things had to change or I would end up having a heart attack or having to get airlifted from my house like the people on the TV :frown1:

3 years down the line I'm now 14 stone and have a 34" waist! It hasn't been easy by any means and due to the hours that I work and the amount of time I have to spend in work to stay afloat financialy it mean's that going the gym has always been nearly impossible for me. That coupled with the fact that I have never felt comfortable in my body and always felt like i would be the fattest person there etc. I did however start small by identifying *why* i needed to eat so much and I have definately come to realised that I'm a comfort eater - if I'm sad/depressed/unhappy I'll eat and my biggest vice is crisps!! I simply chose to NOT buy crisps anymore. After cutting out the crisp's and snack's I started to look at my portion sizes, what I was eating and the time's I was eating at. By actually paying attention to *what* I was putting in my mouth I was able to keep a track of the calories I was eating and control my hunger.

I then decided that I needed to start doing some sort of exercise, so I took up yoga, which I do think is the BEST thing I've ever done - even at my biggest every class I felt like I was achieving something even if it was just as simple as being able to bend over a little more, hold the strech for that extra 30 seconds and so on.

I'm still on a diet as my ideal weight is 10stone for someone of my height and build, but I'm so so so much happier for it now!!
    Sorry it's a bit of a lame first real post but I thought that I could easily help with words of encouragement for anyone that need's them because I have literally been there and done that with all the fad diets, diet pills, starving yourself and not being happy with what you see in the mirror!! I even have some fab fab fab low fat (or pretty much fat free) soup's if anyone wants them :)

Jamesey
    xxxx

3. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm working on 15-20pds myself. I'm trying to limit my calories to 1200 per day. I swim and ride, and spend an hour a day 5 days a week on the treadmill. I hate the treadmill. I am also lifting weights a few times a week. The scale hasn't really changed, but I can pull my clothes off without unbuttoning them so I know I am replacing fat with muscle! Sitting in a chair all day for work is killer. I have also found that talking on here, as a break during work etc keeps me from being bored and eating something I do not need, until I can get off and out of the chair.

4. D_Sparroe Spongecaques

I lost 10 stone 2lbs and though i'm not skinny and boney now i am very happy with myself.

If i fancy sweets or crisps,i have them but in moderation.

I go to the gym but hate every second of it though ogling the guys helps.

5. B_Jordan85

B_Jordan85 New Member

I have recently lost 25-30 pounds by use of an exercise bike. In this 21st century weight issues even concern men, where in the media we are bombarded with half naked male models every five seconds even more than women (call it the metro generation). I have lost loads of weight on multiple occasions. 8 years ago I ballooned to 220, standing 6"0". I got down to 145 in three months (dont ask). about a year ago I gained up to 210 and realized I had to start working on it again, now I am 175.

6. D_Felix the Bat

D_Felix the Bat New Member

I'm 5'9". Seven years ago I was pushing 240 lbs, and managed to slowly get down to the 190-200 lb range. Since Nov '09 (after Thanksgiving Dinner!) I started to lose again. This morning I weighed in at 179 lbs! I would like to get my weight down to 165, but for me anything under 190 is tough! I'm going to do it though!

Did the usual stuff like smaller portions of food, more exercise. And instead of three meals, I added a mid morning/afternoon snack of fruit so I wouldn't get hungry between meals. I started riding my bicycle around the neighborhood, and now I have evolved into a mountain biking enthusiast. Do a lot of little things too, like parking at the back of the lot and walking, yesterday I used the 21" push mower instead of the 48" riding lawn mower, and using the bike when weather permits to ride half of my 40 mile commute to work. I figure it all adds up!

And you should be excited! Anything you can do to improve yourself is a good thing! Keep up the good work!

7. D_Wally Walnuts

D_Wally Walnuts New Member

I'm 6'0, 228lbs. I've been watching my diet and exercising six days a week for the past month. I don't have a target weight, but I am looking to burn fat and build muscle. It's part of an overall plan to be healthier as I've also quit smoking and drinking. The only problem is I don't really know how to socialize without smoking and drinking. I know I can, but it will seem strange at first.

Draft saved Draft deleted