Weight lifting and Sex

NorthernSchlong

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm starting to lose some weight and get in shape by working out. Looking for tips on which muscle groups I can work on that will be beneficial in sex. Always good to improve the ol' sex life.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My suggestion? Cardio. The heart is a long-neglected muscle vis-a-vis sex, but you'll need it pumping if you wanna pump.

Hugh Mann

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Compound movements will stimulate the most production of testosterone and growth hormone. Deadlifts and squats are the best. Just make sure you get someone competent to teach you the proper form, to avoid injury.

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
yah and in general with Deadlifts you should keep reps (of a given set) fairly low due to the nature of the movement

Nd-A-Mistress

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lower back and abs bro...for thrusting! :wink:

For me it's...

Monday - Legs (squats, dead lifts, calf raises). Every other week I do two excercises per muscle group.

Tuesday - Chest and Back (so many choices here for actual lifts)

Wednesday - Day off

Thursday - Shoulders and Arms (lots of options too)

All of these days I work out abs. 3 sets of 15 reps with a weighted ball on that decline ab bench.

Wednesday is a great day off for my kind of workout. Chest and Back can work both Biceps and Triceps so giving them at a minimum of one day off is ideal. That is why I have thursday as an arm day. My lower back gets a great workout from the dead lifts on Monday so I do not duplicate it on Tuesday (back day).

When doing shoulders there are some upper back muscles (Traps) that get worked. So again, Wednesday is a great day off for me considering my workout routine. Those traps get worked out on Tuesday on my "back day."

This system was the best I could come up with to keep me in the gym and get it done in three days instead of 5 (yuck).

The best system is one that keeps you in the gym. A 5 day workout is no good if your not going 5 days a week. I generally work each muscle group only once during the week. Some say this is too LITTLE work out for the muscle. Let me tell you, if you really hit hard for those three days you really will need a week for a full recovery.

Less is best!

lasolasbud

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Do it all; there's nothing like a body that's in shape. I work my legs a lot, it keeps your butt hard. I also work my chest because I've got a pair of large nipples and it balances out the size. There's nothing like sitting back in my Lazy Boy Recliner and having some one kneeling down between my legs, sucking on my bone, licking my ass hole and working my nipples.

socoken

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The best way to find out what you need is to have a marathon sex session and see what's sore the next day. For me, I like to do squats, bench press, and pullups. all of which use large muscle groups that give you the core strength you need to lay down the law. Abs and obliques are also key, as they look good, and work hard.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Compound movements will stimulate the most production of testosterone and growth hormone. Deadlifts and squats are the best. Just make sure you get someone competent to teach you the proper form, to avoid injury.

I can definitley vouch for this. Squats and bench presses always get me horny, especially when I go to failure and then cheat a few reps.

50%more

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm starting to lose some weight and get in shape by working out. Looking for tips on which muscle groups I can work on that will be beneficial in sex. Always good to improve the ol' sex life.

Well the most important muscles for extended sessions of intercourse would be legs, buttocks, lower back, abdomen and maybe arms/shoulders/chest/back for man on top missionary. Since you are working out some muscles you might as well go for complete balance of all muscles. Otherwise injury is much more likely.

BBucko is also correct, good cardiovscular conditioning can help with the ability to keep an erection for longer peiods of time. I prefer doing laps of slow breast stoke for about 45 minutes. Start off slower stay slow for the initial 20 minutes, then you can speed up as you feel comfortable while keeping good focus on your heart rate and breathing.

sjprep06

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I'm gonna start lifting weights this wednesday. I was supposed to start today but I only had enough energy for some cardio on the treadmill.:redface:

Any tips/regimes for a complete novice and out of shape person?

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm gonna start lifting weights this wednesday. I was supposed to start today but I only had enough energy for some cardio on the treadmill.:redface:

If you are indeed "a complete novice and out-of-shape person," the first thing that I would advise you to do is to hire a trainer, or in any case to get some kind of supervision, at least for your first few sessions. There are two kinds of thing that you need to learn: (1) what muscles are worked by each exercise, and (2) what the proper form is for each exercise. If you just walk into the gym and start picking up weights at random and lifting them, there is, obviously and most seriously, a chance of injuring yourself, and, beyond that, an even greater chance that you will expend a certain amount of effort and will power (particularly the will power required just to get oneself into the gym day after day) without deriving much benefit, and consequently get discouraged and quit.

If you can't afford to hire a trainer, can't get the supervision for free, and are good at learning things from self-study, there are loads of books about weight training, and probably, I would guess, some informative web sites.

Nd-A-Mistress

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do not attack the gym either. Start very slowly. Really, almost just go through the motions with weights that appear to be too light.

People that work out regularly are used to and almost crave the pain associated with muscle tear/rebuilding. Novices tend to shy away from this pain becuase they are not used to it.

Trainers can help. But I've seen too many take an obeise person (not saying you are) and then put them through a full body workout. I promise you that person could not walk the next day.

Also, don't worry about how you stack up to the person next to you. I struggle to get my friends in the gym because they feel uncomfortable there. They think people are looking at them like "who's that idiot." When in fact most people at the gym don't ever talk about anybody. The only time I've seen people talk under their breath about someone is those guys/gals that show up to the gym with hiking boots and jeans on to work out.

Wear nice clean gym close with nice new sneakers!

50%more

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

If you are just starting resistance training you might be better off starting with the machines they often have. These machines are less likely to cause injury and will virtually force you to have good technique. You can also learn the same thing from pushups (feet elevated, standard, close hand, hand stand...) for your shoulders arms and chest, and dips for your triceps..... And if you pay close attention you will notice which muscles certain movements exercise. You will also become aware of which range of motions are possible and helpful for certain muscle groups. After you build up enough strength (and this will vary from person to person) you can move on to dumbells and barbells. But like another member mentioned you should err on the side of caution when it comes to how much weight you are using.

Also you should make sure to keep your progress balanced within opposing muscle groups. One example is that if you work out you abs alot, you should also work out your lower back. These are the opposing muscle groups for movements of your torso.

Ponyboy18

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Great info from all the previous posts, but also i would specify what your goals are and what you want out of your body. Do you want size, or toned or just to lose weight because all require completely different workouts, so to sum it up take the advice of the others and hire a trainer at first but make sure you know what you want so you can make the most of your time with the trainer because their not exactly cheap. Anyways good luck.
MATT,