Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I need some help I want to lose weight if anybody knows some good weight lose plans hit me up.

I weight 260 and I am 5 feet 7 and half inches tall. I would like to be 130

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Weight Watchers. They have been around for years upon years because if you stick with their plan, you learn how to eat real food in the right amount. The meetings are a pain, but they really help keep you on target with your plan, and provide that weekly feedback. The nice thing is that you can eat the things that you like, you just learn to eat them in moderation.

If you have the means, hiring a personal trainer and someone to cook nutritious meals for you would be great. I know I can't afford that.

See if your health insurance will cover a nutritionist.

Look into bariatric surgery-- not, in my opinion, the best thing to do but if you have other health problems related to obesity, it works.

The keys are portion control, education, and exercise. Learning what you're actually putting in your body-- things like your morning healthy bagel at Strarbucks is setting you back 700 calories and 1/2 your fat inake for the day. A lot of people will eat healthier and not count nutrition information and still gain because so-called healthy choices aren't so healthy if you're eating them in excess.

Have someone to do it with. This is another reason I like weight watchers.

Whatever you do, be patient and stick with it. You will get results.

notsmallmatt

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
a meth addiction works wonders...

but no.. eating healthy.. and less.. works wonders
get out into the world.. hang out with friends...
for me it was the fact that i was so bored all the time.. sitting at home.. id just eat to have something to do... when i moved to the city and made friends... sometimes id forget to eat all day... and i lost like 50 lbs

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There were no fat people during the Ethopian famine. To some people the obvious is too much.

WTF is that supposed to mean?

I think the OP was asking for strategies that will help him lose. It is very easy to unthinkingly overindulge in this land of plenty, and very hard to lose for many, many reasons.

There's absolutely no reason to be a dick about it.

pablo1973

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
There were no fat people during the Ethopian famine. To some people the obvious is too much.

not the funniest or most helpfull response to someone who seems to be genuinely seeking help.

In response to weightloss theres also slimmingworld. They use a method based on food combining or enhancing. Eg dont mix carbs with proteins on the same day. Theres absolutely no portion control required but sticking to the food combining is necessary. It does in work well but if you commit to it you need to decide if you can make that type of change for the rest of your life?
I agree that the weight watchers is good. if you join online they offer lots of help. On a more practical note walking is a great calorie burner. When I wanted to lose some weight I planned my meal for the evening and then walked home with the ingredients after work. It was only a two mile walk but I definately felt the benefits.
Good luck

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I need some help I want to lose weight if anybody knows some good weight lose plans hit me up.

Some level of exercise, cut fats from your eating, learn to love carrots and celery and soup. Get the bland soups cooking without any flavor and after the cooking dispose of the broth--it's extra calories with salt in it and often times fats from whatever was cooked if you used beef or chicken. Never eat chicken skins. Learn to love plain yogurt. Learn to take a packet of Equal and savor the taste--chew the paper wrapper for extra flavor thrills. On a good day you can eat 4 of those suckers. Saddesrt day of my life was when liquid cyclamates were taken off the market. A non-sugar sweetner it was alleged to cause cancer if 80 gallons a day were fed to a lab-rat, naturally the government took it off the markets. Eat an apple, eat plain oatmeal with non sugar sweetner (Equal or Sweet and low). Each body is different so find out what causes youy to keep weight on. Some people have problems with carbohydrates so they need to avoid that. Main things though seem to be sugars and fats--so cut them out. No more pork rinds, no more visits to the Japanese place for the tempura--not even the vegetable one since its all deep fried.

If you get a desire for food, do something else--make a phone call, go on the interenet, vaccuum the carpet, dust a table or rearrange your spice rack. Not only wiil you forget the food you get rid of some weight abd calories while doing somehting else.

DOn't laugh--I lost 140+ so far with this method, similar to you, I'm not particularlyt tall so the weight is a hinderance. Main thing--stay positive that it will happen and don't lose focus of your goal to be good to yourself.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media

I don't think 130 is likely. I hope you reach your goal but you may want to raise it slightly. You don't want to look like you have an eating disorder, right? :smile:

I agree with what was said...

I have found that ALOT of cardio seems to burn fat and cause weightloss. If you can cut out your junk foods and fast foods, you will lose alot of weight as well.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Also I would be interested in knowing about your bone structure, If you are a large boned person then you may be a little heavier anyway. Last thing (probably should have said thgis before) check with your doctor for added advice and weight goals, just avoid any strange pills they may try to hand you for it--they often lead to bad places.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
What do you think about walking will that help me lose some weight. Oh to answer the question before I was skinny when I was younger.

Walking is a great start... Remember, if you are trying to do cardio, the more you sweat, the more fat you burn.

Biking is better than walking, so is running. Swimming is good too.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Your advice is definitely sdolid but it's SCARY because what you've described deprives you of ever eating any sort of comfort food again. I eat a lot of soups with broth, though I like your idea. The only thing Ilike about the broth is that it really helps fill you up. However, if you're drinking a ton of water (which is essential), that doesn't really matter. An 8 ounce glass of water or unsweetened decf tea before diner and one during do the same thing without the sal and fat.

One thing that's really helping me (I'm about 35 pounds down from where I was at my heaviest in October or so) is that I give myself "diet holidays." If there's a function I have to go to or a "date night" with the old man, I'll eat what I want. Doing this once or twice a month or so doesn't kill the dieting, and I've found that I simply can't eat as much as I used to be able to anyway.

Something else I do is that if I really want something-- like French Toast the other night-- I will "save up" calories during the day and make a reasonable portion so that I stay within my allotted caloric intake for the day.

At the end of the day, it's always calories in vs. calories expended. I've tried a lot of diets that say you don't have to control what you eat or count calories, but I've gotten the best results from counting calories. Atkins and South Beach and all the diets that claim to have the secret of making you burn more calories and being able to eat more food, but really the best thing to do that with is exercise. When you're eating low calorie, you tend to have to eat low-fat because you starve if you don't. Food that is low in calories and filling is key to losing weight. High fiber foods, veggies, fruit, lean meat, soups all help you feel full without having tons of calories.

Also, no one has mentioned this yet, stop drinking soda, alcohol, and other sweet drinks. Drink water and a lot of it. If you're not peeing like a pregnant woman, you're not drinking enough water. If you don't like water because it's bland, try some flavored seltzer water or unsweetened decaf or herbal tea.

Good for you Onslow, 140 pounds is really daunting. I'm impressed. It makes me feel a lot better about my goal which is still a bit away.

To the OP, repeating what Jeff Black said, 130 and 5'7" is very thin. It's at the very lowest BMI that is still considered healthy. I'd say aim for a something a little more realistic, and realize this is a long-term goal. 160 is at the upper end of the healthy range for BMI, and if you happen to have a large frame or are muscular, you could be healthy at a heavier weight. Talking to your doctor may help you determine a healthy weight goal.

Also, set interim goals for yourself. For me, my first was being ale to fit into my jeans that I wore before I got pregnant. Now it's a pair of jeans that I bought that I really like in a size or two smaller than what I fit into now. Meeting the interim goals have really helped keep me going.

Some level of exercise, cut fats from your eating, learn to love carrots and celery and soup. Get the bland soups cooking without any flavor and after the cooking dispose of the broth--it's extra calories with salt in it and often times fats from whatever was cooked if you used beef or chicken. Never eat chicken skins. Learn to love plain yogurt. Learn to take a packet of Equal and savor the taste--chew the paper wrapper for extra flavor thrills. On a good day you can eat 4 of those suckers. Saddesrt day of my life was when liquid cyclamates were taken off the market. A non-sugar sweetner it was alleged to cause cancer if 80 gallons a day were fed to a lab-rat, naturally the government took it off the markets. Eat an apple, eat plain oatmeal with non sugar sweetner (Equal or Sweet and low). Each body is different so find out what causes youy to keep weight on. Some people have problems with carbohydrates so they need to avoid that. Main things though seem to be sugars and fats--so cut them out. No more pork rinds, no more visits to the Japanese place for the tempura--not even the vegetable one since its all deep fried.

If you get a desire for food, do something else--make a phone call, go on the interenet, vaccuum the carpet, dust a table or rearrange your spice rack. Not only wiil you forget the food you get rid of some weight abd calories while doing somehting else.

DOn't laugh--I lost 140+ so far with this method, similar to you, I'm not particularlyt tall so the weight is a hinderance. Main thing--stay positive that it will happen and don't lose focus of your goal to be good to yourself.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What do you think about walking will that help me lose some weight. Oh to answer the question before I was skinny when I was younger.
Walking is good. If you can pull it together a faster walk helps more. I was also a twiggish creature as a child. The weight came on in my mid-20's I shed it through diet and exercise in my early 30's then gained it back just after I turned 40 and it increased until this recent weight loss. Your main thing to remember is it has to be a lifetime deal. Weight is a strange thing, if you lose the 100 pounds it will come back to you with very little effort. Why? Well, the metabolic functions of your body at some point say "Hey--your eating less but doing more, I'll wither away if I don't slow down" and so the metabolism slows. It stays this way and then one day you slow down your exercise or start eating the foods again with the fat and calories and with the new sloweer metabolism the calories pile on faster--therefore make it comtittment for life.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Walking is a great start... Remember, if you are trying to do cardio, the more you sweat, the more fat you burn.

Biking is better than walking, so is running. Swimming is good too.
Yes. Eat but remember you have to burn it off. Stay away from the carbs. The body burns the calories better if you eat three meals a day. Im working two jobs now and probably in the last two months have lost mabye 20lbs. I eat to live. I dont live to eat.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Your advice is definitely sdolid but it's SCARY because what you've described deprives you of ever eating any sort of comfort food again. I eat a lot of soups with broth, though I like your idea. The only thing Ilike about the broth is that it really helps fill you up. However, if you're drinking a ton of water (which is essential), that doesn't really matter. An 8 ounce glass of water or unsweetened decf tea before diner and one during do the same thing without the sal and fat.

One thing that's really helping me (I'm about 35 pounds down from where I was at my heaviest in October or so) is that I give myself "diet holidays." If there's a function I have to go to or a "date night" with the old man, I'll eat what I want. Doing this once or twice a month or so doesn't kill the dieting, and I've found that I simply can't eat as much as I used to be able to anyway.

Something else I do is that if I really want something-- like French Toast the other night-- I will "save up" calories during the day and make a reasonable portion so that I stay within my allotted caloric intake for the day.

At the end of the day, it's always calories in vs. calories expended. I've tried a lot of diets that say you don't have to control what you eat or count calories, but I've gotten the best results from counting calories. Atkins and South Beach and all the diets that claim to have the secret of making you burn more calories and being able to eat more food, but really the best thing to do that with is exercise. When you're eating low calorie, you tend to have to eat low-fat because you starve if you don't. Food that is low in calories and filling is key to losing weight--

Also, no one has mentioned this yet, stop drinking soda, alcohol, and other sweet drinks. Drink water and a lot of it. If you're not peeing like a pregnant woman, you're not drinking enough water. If you don't like water because it's bland, try some flavored seltzer water or unsweetened decaf or herbal tea.
Yes, water and herbal teas--I forgot to mention those and I am glad you mentioned the hollow calories of alcohol--although as is known around here the calories were only part of my problem there, but that's another mattere.
And not to worry Snoozan, I do allow a visit to the ice cream every week (although some weeks I can go without) and if I insist on soda I go with the sugar-free. I located a very nice chocolate soda which actually works well alone or with an 8 ounce glass of skim milk (thats the fat free one). So there are some treats, as you so wisely put it, a night of off-dieting once or twice a month or saving up during the day for calories, In my case, if I do the ice cream I add to the exercise the next day or 2 and get rid of the extra fats.
Other things of course are finding spice combinations that flavor things without calories or salt. They can turn a bland skinless chicken breast into a flavorful moment--it can be baked in the oven within some aluminum foil or nuclearized in the microwave in a closed container--although it gets a weird texture. Same as you I find it is a calories in/calories out situation--try to use a few more than are brought in and it works wonders.

And congrats on your weight losss as well.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Other things of course are finding spice combinations that flavor things without calories or salt. They can turn a bland skinless chicken breast into a flavorful moment--it can be baked in the oven within some aluminum foil or nuclearized in the microwave in a closed container--although it gets a weird texture. Same as you I find it is a calories in/calories out situation--try to use a few more than are brought in and it works wonders.

And congrats on your weight losss as well.

First, thank you! Lex has been helpful as have a lot of the members here at LPSG cheering me on. You are truly an inspiration to me.

About the spice thing-- 100% true, I didn't think of it. Garlic, onions, ginger, lemon juice, mushrooms cooked with PAM spray, balsamic and other vinegars... Barbecue sauce packs a good punch in very small amounts. I do love soy and teriyaki sauces but they are very salty. I mentioned PAM spray-- I love it. It makes cooking without a ton of fat really easy.

Kevin_uk

Experimental Member
Media
I don’t have a cooker or microwave; I’ve no interest in cooked food.

I live on breakfast serial and fruit, maybe an odd sandwich.
Eat smaller amounts but more regular, don’t eat late in the day then go to sleep.

Workout regular, but focus more on ABS, you never get great ABS and poor anything else.

I’m 5’11” 160 pounds, 32" waist.

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media

Ive been overweight for a while now and only recently have i joined the gym. I used to walk the block but id make excuses to skip it, weather, busy etc but in joining the gym i find i go just so i havent wasted the money joining as well as social and weight loss

Now i try and go everyday after work (even if i make it 3 days in happy) and i do
1 hour treadmill
20 minutes bike
approx. 20 minutes we9ights

It is a fair bit but i really need it and i put on the ipod and just do it...It isnt as bad hard as it sounds. Also cutting out fried food, Chain store fast food and less potatoes and eating more fruit, chicken and Veges.

It is no fast crazy fab laxative type of diet but it is working for me

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am kinda lazy by nature, but I like walking and love swimming. I am on a low sodium, low caffeine diet due to Meniere's Disease but other than that my diet is probably not that great.

I have done Weight Watchers in the past with moderate success.

I disagree with Snoozan you aren't morbidly obese so no decent doctor should be willing to do bariatric surgery on you.

You are aiming too low. A man of your age and height shouldn't weigh less than 160.