Weight Loss

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
remember to poach chicken, not saute (poaching adds moisture and flavor and no fat).

also buy smaller plates- that way the food LOOKS bigger...

never eat in front of the television- realize, and enjoy, what you are eating..

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Although it is now where close to what you are trying to achieve, I recently lost 20 pounds. I simply ate less. I cut out obvious no nos like my favourite cinamon bun with cream cheese icing! I actually enjoy the flavoured rice cakes which I used instead of bread with lean meat and a bit of cheese. In Canada we have a line of vegetarian products that are very good and low cal. I know that many of you are scoffing already, but their line of "meat" like slices are very good. I enjoy theri veggie cheese slices too and they are only about 1/3 of the calaries of regular meat and cheese.
There is a book out there called French Woman Don't Get Fat. The author states that French woman eat what they like but all in moderation. She has a three bite rule for sweets. 3 bites of chocolate cake gives her the enjoyment but at a lot less cal. than a huge slice. They also walk everywhere. If you live in the USA be careful eating out. I enjoy the occasional trip across the boarder to the Buffalo area and am always amazed the portion size at those family restauant such as IHOP, Cracker Barrel, Bob Evans, Friendlys etc. There is literally sometimes enough food for 3 people on the plate.

Also, the myth of the salad can get you into trouble. The dressing can be so high in fat and cal. that you are better off to eat something else instead.

In the "Super Size Me" movie from last year or so, a French person interviewed for the film stated that the small soft drink at MacDonalds is bigger than the large in France!

Green tea instead of decafinated drinks is the latest rage right now ever since it was stated on Oprah. And if Oprah says so then.....

Novaboy

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm 5'9 and slim build. I now weigh 150. Just need to tone up a bit now.

I would say that 5'7" at 160 is a bit high unless you are a muscular person. I would suggest 145-150

Novaboy

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
BodyChangers - Before and After Weight Loss

This website might offer some encouragement. It mentions starting weight, body fat% and time.
The program is based on fat burning exercise, in my opinion the best solution if you want to stay slim! Try a new sport which you enjoy doing!
I need to lose a few pounds so I have started cycling regularly, it burns the fat off very quickly.

By the way horny6.5, stunning avatar!!!:rolleyes:

CowboyJosh

Sexy Member
Media
A couple suggestions that work well for me besides watching everything that I eat, I never go thru a "drive thru" for food any longer; and I spend hours on the Stairmaster, Eliptical, or the Treadmill; along with lifting some weights. I also work outside alot, seeing that I am and electrican and a HVAC tech by trade (busier in the summer) and am a Wrangler for a local ranch; so often times being out and moving around helps keep the weight off in addition to regular exercise. I like to work out first thing in the morning before my wife and kids wake up, and then again at night after the kids are in bed and before I go to bed. Good luck, with a little work and watching what you eat, the pounds will come off, just don't give into loose weight quick diet schemes.

lightninggirl

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
a few tips:

1. don't drink your calories ... lay off the sodas, fruit juices, sweet teas, milkshakes, you get the idea. substitute water or low sugar/carb/calorie. a dear friend lost 20 lbs. JUST from replacing his pepsi with water. we were shocked.

2. watch the alcohol ... it can slow your metabolism. this includes wine and vodka, my two vices (i always claim i drink my guinness for the iron!).

3. ditch the elevators for the stairs, and park at the far end of the parking lots. my children hate me for this one, but it helps.

4. switch lunch for dinner. if you consume a boatload of calories at dinner, you don't get as much opportunity to burn them off after 8p unless you like to jog at that time of day! i lost 10# by doing this when i was at a diet plateau.

5. portions at restaurants. american restaurants give you enough for two dinners, and it took me years to discover i wasn't a bad person for NOT cleaning my plate. ask for a box when they bring your plate, and put half of everything in the box (i hand the box to my kids or to my friends, who 'guard' it on the other side of the table so i don't pick at it). then you have lunch or dinner for the next day!

6. make deals with yourself ... i have an elliptical machine, and i tell myself that i can only watch TV shows if i'm on the elliptical. i let myself watch DVDs without being on the machine, but TV shows always have to be when i'm on the elliptical.

anyway, these have worked for me, especially when trying to lose baby weight (i have two daughters).

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm 5'10", and about six years ago, I weighed around 195# and had a 35" waistline. Huge for someone with a lean body type...I weighed around 150# coming out of high school.

I've never been a breakfast eater, so I used this to my advantage. I'd take my lunch break and go to the gym and burn 24 solid minutes on the elliptical using the interval course. I maintained a constant rate of 150 strides/min...then the final minute was a sprint: 30 seconds @ 185 strides, and the final 30 seconds @ 225 strides. I'd drop to a walking pace until my heartrate fell below 150. I drank lots of water throughout, usually finishing a 20oz bottle by the end.

I began this using resistance level 7 and gradually worked my way up to level 12 over the course of a few months.

Here's the kicker...this was followed by a 30-45 minute fasting period while I went to the store to grab something for lunch. Lunch was either a veggie burger with no cheese/mayo, or a mixed green salad with turkey breast and boiled eggs but no dressing.

Most evenings, I'd go back to the gym and do weight training for about 45 mins.

After four months of this, I was down to ~165# and a 32" waistline...plus I was in the best cardiovascular condition I've been in since I played football.

The idea was to kickstart the metabolism with the cardio workout on an empty stomach and then allow it to burn for a bit (less than an hour) before eating a high-protein meal. For me, it worked.

I've more or less kept at it, although not at that pace anymore. Right now, I'm sad to say that I've been something of a lazyass the past several months and am carrying around an extra 10-12 pounds. (sigh) Time to bust out the whip...

srhi

Just Browsing
Media
I need some help I want to lose weight if anybody knows some good weight lose plans hit me up.

I weight 260 and I am 5 feet 7 and half inches tall. I would like to be 130

Definitely consider Weight Watchers. See Welcome to WeightWatchers.com for a meeting place in your area. At 5' 7", a weight of 130 is unrealistic. A more reasonable weight for a man your height of average build would be around 160, but you will learn that at your first Weight Watchers meeting.

MusclePrinceXXX

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I haven't posted in months.

Horny6.5, if you want to lose weight, the only thing that I have found that has worked for me is a low carb diet such as Atkins. I've been on this diet for over a year now and I feel GREAT.

Many people think that the only foods you can eat are meat, eggs, and cheese. But little do they know is that you can also eat a wide variety of other foods. It's not just limited to meat, eggs, and cheese.

A low carb diet (like Atkins) is not about eating just FAT all the time. It promotes healthy eating which would include eating good sources of healthy fats and good quality carbs.

The diet calls for you not to eat any flour, sugar, or starchy vegetables such as peas and potatoes at least for the first two weeks. Because of that, the diet can be very difficult getting adjusted to for the first few days. But if you can get past that first week, you get used to it very quickly. I know I did.

If you feel that a low carb diet would be too brutal for you to handle, then I suggest another diet like South Beach. As for Weight Watchers, I wouldn't know about that diet because I've never tried it before.

I will tell you this though. A low fat diet has NEVER worked for me. When I was low fat dieting in the past, not only was I constantly hungry all the time, but I happened to gain even more weight. With a low carb diet, I'm never hungry.

If you ever decide that a low carb diet might be right for you, let me know and I can be a support system for you. I can even share a few low carb recipes with you.

Good luck with your diet.

buddy629

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Body for Life. Its a book. Buy it. Read it...really read it cover to cover, and take notes. It is a weight loss plan that I followed. I started this past September and have lost 20 pounds of Fat ONLY. I have also gained muscle mass.

I am a registered nurse. I have a masters degree in nursing. I have an extensive understanding of the physiologic and metabolic abilities of our bodies. This is the most sensible, reasonable, and effective weight loss/health program I have ever seen marketed. Forget about the Atkins diet, don't take ANY diet pills. None work. (If people could loose weight by taking a pill, america wouldn't have a weight problem. All you loose when you take "weight loss pills" is your money.) Try Body for Life. It is excellent, and I [as are thousands of other people] am proof. Also, I don't get paid to endorse this product, I'm just a well-educated healthcare professional who knows something good when he sees it.

BlakeZane

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I did the atkiens diet and lost 30 lbs.. but couldn't stick with it over the years and gained most back.

Man now I want to buy that Body for Life book! looks good, I checked out the website for it... damn.

feely

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
eat well and go for a 30 minute run first thing in the morning, everyday. Also weight train every other day.The weight will fall off you.

Jeffin90620

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I need some help I want to lose weight if anybody knows some good weight lose plans hit me up.

I weight 260 and I am 5 feet 7 and half inches tall. I would like to be 130
I hate feeling hungry, so I avoid the foods that are bad for me (carbohydrates like potatoes, pasta, bread, donuts, etc.) and eat plenty of foods that are good for me (proteins, fruit, etc.), but that only helps me maintain my weight.

To lose weight, I need aerobic exercise. I bought a zero-impact exercise machine and set it up in front of the TV. I did an hour last night before having dinner (grilled chicken with Mediterranean sea salt and garlic & salad) and I still had dessert (home-made ice cream, made with fruit, cream and Splenda instead of sugar).

So far, I have lost 20 lbs, another 25 to go.

MusclePrinceXXX

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I hate feeling hungry, so I avoid the foods that are bad for me (carbohydrates like potatoes, pasta, bread, donuts, etc.) and eat plenty of foods that are good for me (proteins, fruit, etc.), but that only helps me maintain my weight.

To lose weight, I need aerobic exercise. I bought a zero-impact exercise machine and set it up in front of the TV. I did an hour last night before having dinner (grilled chicken with Mediterranean sea salt and garlic & salad) and I still had dessert (home-made ice cream, made with fruit, cream and Splenda instead of sugar).

So far, I have lost 20 lbs, another 25 to go.

I'm exactly like you. I HATE feeling hungry myself. Since I avoid most carbohydrates, my body has gotten used to eating nothing but good quality fats and protein. As a matter of fact, as I'm writing this post I'm sipping on a chocolate protein shake. Low carb of course.

Every time I eat a high carb meal, I get so fucking bloated that I feel like I'm going to explode. Then if I drink water with it? Oh forget it. When I take in more fat and protein and less carbs, I feel satisfied and don't feel bloated. I will eat a high carb meal once in awhile but sugar is something that I try to avoid at all costs.

Aerobic exercise is very good. I bought a brand new bike last month and it's probably one of the better machines that I've bought in awhile to help me get my aerobic exercise. I do pilates and of course workout on my BowFlex but I still feel that they aren't 'good sources' of aerobics since it's mostly lifting and stretching.

I love to diet, exercise, and workout. A lot of people find it complete torture, but not me. I get cranky if I don't do these things on a daily basis.

Long&Thick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
First of all you eat...good food. Me for instance, I have a bannana, grapefruit, orange juice and two bowls of honey nut cherios for breakfast. Lunch consists of a grilled chicken sandwich, baked lays, and a gatorade and chocolate milk. For dinner its whatever mother makes up, which is normally something well balanced. My point is, eating feeds the body. If you dont eat and you plan on losing weight you wont. In fact you will gain weight because your body thinks its starving itself.

Now for excersising and such. I life weights, run, walk, etc etc. Alot of core exercises will help your abs and the "gut". Lifting weights will tone the fat all around the body, arms, legs, chest, back etc etc. If you want to tone go light weight heavy reps. like 12-15 per set with light to mediocre weight. Strength on the other hand is high weight, low to mid reps.

I have been following the previous two paragraphs for about 3-4 months. I have lost 40 lbs, so im down from 295 to 255. I like the way I am, I am heavy enough to do what I do (offensive lineman) and yet im not "fat" persay because 20% is my overall bodyfat content (yes its high but good for a lineman such as myself). Also the overall results you will see depends on your metabolism, you can eat alot and do nothing because of a high metabolism while at hte same time if you have a low metabolism you will gain weight. Hope some of this helps..its kinda lengthy :smile:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I remember something else you might find useful:

When my wife was on one of her body image kicks, I had her talk to our GP about the viability of various pills/supplements/regimens for losing weight.

His response was a simple rule of thumb: the average human requires 11 calories per day per pound of body weight to sustain itself. So, just pick your target weight, multiply by 11, and stick to eating approximately that many calories per day. Even if you did nothing else, over time your body mass will normalize itself to that food intake. Obviously, cardio exercise and weight training will speed the process and provide overall tone.

I'll be damned if he wasn't right, too. Obviously, your target weight has to be within the realm of realism...don't expect to target yourself to 105# if you're 5'8" tall.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
After four months of this, I was down to ~165# and a 32" waistline...plus I was in the best cardiovascular condition I've been in since I played football.

How history repeats itself...

After a Lenten season where I shunned alcohol completely and eschewed most refined sugars and starches, and got back to the gym for real, that's right where I am now: 165# and a 32" waist.

I still don't sleep for shit, but I'm visibly leaner and actually feel a hell of a lot better than I did at the beginning of the year.