Weight Question

noface60

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When I came to college six months ago, I was 17 years old, I weighed right under 150 lbs, and I my height at that time was 5'11". Now, I am 18 years old, I am still 5'11", and I currently weigh right under 170 lbs. (My gallery pics are about a year old now) I don't consider myself overweight even though my stomach bulges considerably. I can remember back to the good old days when my stomach was so much smaller (like in the pictures) I am very afraid of gaining weight as I am sensitive about my self image. I have a target (ideal) weight of 145 lbs. My question(s) is(are): Am I crazy for having such a target weight? Should I expect to gain more weight? Is gaining more than 170 lbs a "bad" thing for me? What is overweight for my height and/or age?

Just to step outside myself for a second, I must say that I applaud myself for approaching this forum with my problems as I would NEVER do this before. I guess that shows how comfortable I am here.

ScottT315

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
145 at 5'11" would be anorexic looking unless you have no muscle tone at all. You are a man now and men pack more weight in their muscle. If your stomach is sticking out then you need to start eating right and get to a gym. You don't need to lose weight. You just need to convert fat stores to muscle. Muscle is heavier than fat so as you add muscle you may even gain some weight at first but you will see the difference in the mirror and after many months the weight will even out. Lean protein like chicken breasts or lean pork and lots of veggies will help.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
145 is subasntilly under the norm for a man 5'11'..I'm 5'11' and carry 190 pounds.and m freinds referf to ma as thin....It all depends if it is muscle or fat.remember fat weighs substantially more than leann muscle....I looked at your pics adn would consider you to be skinny.....taeke a good look in the mirror and make sure what you see and the picture in your head are the same.