weight related male attention.

mhc26

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I wonder if there is a reluctance for some males to make an approach when "she's out of my league" (looking ogle worthy) and a willingness to step up with a superficial "hit" when it may appear her presentation/self esteem is lower (unhealthy)?

NO doubt!

I call it trading up vs. trading down. If you are the good looking guy and approach a bigger gal, you are up, trading down, and have hand.

If you are a decent looking guy and approach a stunner (and don't have loads of $ in the bank) you are trying to trade up. You have better do something slick, or else...

You are at the disadvantage here.

With a bigger/less attractive girl (not saying bigger = less attractive) the mode is that you are up, they are down.

Just how it seems to go.

I will say that just about every bigger girl I've been with has been TONS of fun to fool around with. Not sure why. Just a better attitude? Hornier? Or do they know they are trading up and need to give it that extra effort? Not sure...just tossing this out there.

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
NO doubt!

I call it trading up vs. trading down. If you are the good looking guy and approach a bigger gal, you are up, trading down, and have hand.

If you are a decent looking guy and approach a stunner (and don't have loads of $ in the bank) you are trying to trade up. You have better do something slick, or else...

You are at the disadvantage here.

With a bigger/less attractive girl (not saying bigger = less attractive) the mode is that you are up, they are down.

Just how it seems to go.

I will say that just about every bigger girl I've been with has been TONS of fun to fool around with. Not sure why. Just a better attitude? Hornier? Or do they know they are trading up and need to give it that extra effort? Not sure...just tossing this out there.

A wonderful outlook...

Of course, it falls flat on it's face the second you open your mouth and they realise that no matter how they look, you're a down grade.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
in shape = healthy, somewhat athletic build (personal opinion)

There you go making my point - you say men in general do (and always have, least that's how I read it) find 'in shape' attractive - and then you go and define 'in shape' with a personal opinion.

I don't think you know the first thing about the concept beauty down the ages.

you have to look at the times though ... im pretty sure during those days women dressed A LOT more conservatively wearing large, bulky dresses so you could not see how a women was shaped ... and im pretty sure corset's were as common back then as a bra is now

Yep, I was right - you don't know the first thing about the concept beauty down the ages.

Bjen, you're totally missing the point. Those WERE the standards of beauty at that time. Corsets have nothing to do with it. That's what people looked and then emulated when they thought of beautiful women.

Exactly.

And it didn't just apply to women, the traits of an attractive man change through time too - it just seems that on top of the physical that, in patriarchal cultures, that non-physical traits such as wealth and power are part of the male attractiveness arsenal too.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
MacRawb: "Is this a dagger which I see before me..."

Edits script: scratches dagger, and substitutes swagger.
tangent/

the thing people always comment on is my walk.
i once had a woman come up and ask me where i learnt how to walk like i walk. it's not a swagger but it seems to work.

out, damn spot!

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
tangent/

the thing people always comment on is my walk.
i once had a woman come up and ask me where i learnt how to walk like i walk. it's not a swagger but it seems to work.

ya put the loco in locomotion? :smile:

out, damn spot!

Ahhhh. Sleepwalking and ejaculatory speeches. HAwT!

when i am in the 'dangerously underweight' bmi zone i get more passes made at me than when i am in the 'healthy' bmi zone.
i've often wondered about this one...
it makes no evolutionary sense for men to prefer a weaker, less fertile female, so what is the psychology behind the guys that do?

what have you noticed from your own experiences?

My sister in-law passed away many years ago due to multiple organ failure. After effects of Anorexia Nervosa. Bad eating habits (can) become serious eating disorders. My suggestion is worry less about what men think and more about what you want.

Sorry for the lecture, must be that ol' conditioned male reflex toward under nourished women.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vein Man

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
What an interesting and telling question Dolfette!!

Whither the primal fertility goddess of nurturing and sustaining stature? Is this yet another bad trait of the conditioning that the media has foisted upon humankind?

Regards,

B_Craiggers

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What an interesting and telling question Dolfette!!

Whither the primal fertility goddess of nurturing and sustaining stature? Is this yet another bad trait of the conditioning that the media has foisted upon humankind?

Regards,

Why do people keep blaming the media? All the media does is give people what they want. They're not point of origin in this.