Weight Watchers LPSG Members

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hiya gang,

I signed up with E-tools last night to help get my weight in check.
I saw the "What are you going to be for Halloween" and "Trouble Loosing weight threads" and this chimes in with both, but it's kinda separate in its own way.

Simply Put: I'm going to be a couch potato for Halloweenie if my sorry ass doesn't loose some weight.

Are there any other LPSG weight watchers members? Or E-tools users?
(E-tools is WW online system for calculating caloric intake of the foods you eat per day. You can track your entire diet for the day and see how good - or bad - you did, and keeps you on track for loosing weight)

How bout a challenge for those of us that do want to loose weight, we start this week, and see how much weight we can safely loose by october 26th?

I also joined a loss challenge at work, and have the final weigh in, early December - so mabee that's a secondary goal we can shoot for.

Any takers?

I'll go first:
10/13/07
6AM weigh in: 227lbs
Height: 6'1"
Starting Weight pic coming soon.

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
Darlin best of luck and i promise i will TRY and work with you and loose weight together but im to shy and embarrassed to post a starting weight or pics.

But from this point on consider me on the weight lose challenge with you

:biggrin1:

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Darlin best of luck and i promise i will TRY and work with you and loose weight together but im to shy and embarrassed to post a starting weight or pics.

But from this point on consider me on the weight lose challenge with you
:biggrin1:

Awesome. All we can do is Try.
Take them, and keep them for yourself. Scribble your weight down and keep a log to track your progress.
If we succeed, we will be proud to show our results :)

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I use thedailyplate.com for counting calories. Another good place is calorie-count.com.

I'll go ahead with you, I've got about 20 pounds to take off.

10/13/2007
9:30 am
165 pounds
5'9"
24.4 BMI

Now, just so you all know this is possible, here were my starting stats about a year ago:

11/6/2006
235 pounds
5'9"
34.7 BMI

I walked about 13 miles this week and did some light weightlifting, which I'm finding are vital at this stage of the game.

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
Snoozan, thank you for reminding me how important weights are. When i was going to the gym last year id do 1 hour treadmill/bike ad 30 minutes weights and it was amazing how much that toned and helped increase muscle mass so i could increase the time on the treadmill. So yes, must get to the store and buy some kind of weights.

Also how do you guys go with your diet? I find i cant do it if i try add cut out carbs or protein altogether but am fine if i stick to mostly chicken/fish and loads of vegies

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm in!!!!

I am already doing WW.
Go to meetings on Monday evenings.

Between last Nov and May I lost 20lbs just through sensible, regular eating and exercise, but decided I needed more help, so...

Started WW last June at
287lbs
(am 5' 5")

Last week weighed in at
258lbs

total loss at WW so far 29lbs

I was counting points but changed to the core plan 4 weeks ago and am doing OK.
Will update on Monday! ;)

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Also how do you guys go with your diet? I find i cant do it if i try add cut out carbs or protein altogether but am fine if i stick to mostly chicken/fish and loads of vegies

I'm going to try and lean out my diet.
Things that I know are killers for me, are a Vernors in the morning and afternoon, every morning trips to the cafeteria at work, to get my Muffin and Vernors. The muffin is a killer.

I eat too many carbs, and too much crap in general. I've cut down on some, and at the scale at work In August I was 241. My scale might be off. Im going to get a new one, so I probably am heavier than 227lbs.

We'll see how it goes. What do you want to have our reporting days on? Mondays?

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i vote for every 2 weeks on a saturday... but i can be flexible. i say 2 weeks because one week can show little difference because of water weight and the like. with weight you have to monitor a trend more than count on the numbers since weight fluctuates so much.

with food, i count calories a lot. i haven't cut anything out specifically, but to stay within my calorie range, i've had to drastically reduce my intake of certain things. one big difference is that i don't eat out a lot.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Why don't you all arrange some sort of Biggest Loser pool? All participants gather around and take a fair starting weight, then retake the weight at the end of the period in question (e.g. a week, two weeks). Every one chips in a dollar per pound of weight lost, and the one who loses the most weight keeps the pot. You all could contribute to some Paypal account or something like that.

(Of course, this would require a lot of trust and maybe some photographic evidence for proof. Take pictures before and after while on the scale along with your user name on a sticky note within the shot.)

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dee, sounds good but a little to involved for me.

Also i would say weigh in every 2 weeks, as snoozan said one week doesn't allow alot of variance in lose and gain.

A study has shown that people who weigh themselves daily are more anxious about their weight, but also more in control of it. I just got back in the habit. When I weighed myself daily I remained within the same five pounds for two years after having lost 50 pounds. Since I stopped, I have gained 20+ pounds! I have resumed weighing myself daily, and the weight is going back down. It works for me, but your mileage may vary. Weight watchers used to weigh me weekly, and I found that very helpful.

I'll join you guys in 10 days. I need a fast. The last time I did a 10 day fast, I felt amazing for weeks after. I can tell I need one right now. So, I'll post my stats a week after Tuesday.

Meanwhile, good luck all of you!

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Dee, It's a very good idea. I can start one on my paypal account if you folks want.
Proof is kinda hard though. Usually it's best to gather together for a weigh in...
(but that could be fun too!)

I paid $75.00 to enter the one at work, and the pot is over a Grand.

Since I started this thread and inputing my daily menu....eh...i'm really making some bad choices...

But, this is why i'm doing this - to see how bad my diet is, and to get me on the right track.
Dinner tonight was inevidible. I did some damage tonight..... ugh...

Attachments

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A study has shown that people who weigh themselves daily are more anxious about their weight, but also more in control of it. I just got back in the habit. When I weighed myself daily I remained within the same five pounds for two years after having lost 50 pounds. Since I stopped, I have gained 20+ pounds! I have resumed weighing myself daily, and the weight is going back down. It works for me, but your mileage may vary. Weight watchers used to weigh me weekly, and I found that very helpful.

Yes, I found religiously weighing myself every morning to be invaluable in loosing weight. I have a digital scale and seeing real dieting/exercise success daily is a phenomenal motivator and sets how you are going to conscientiously eat that day. Once you start seeing the lbs. melt off on the scale you will be hooked. I lost about 35 lbs a couple of years ago averaging about 0.25-0.5 lbs. per day.

The South Beach Diet really worked for me and I would recommend it to anyone. My doctor actually recommended it to me.

South Beach Diet for Beginner

It is based on eating low glycemic foods - a theory that these foods (mainly proteins, vegetables, fiber rich foods) convert to sugar at much slower rate in your body avoiding that insulin spike that triggers binge and empty carb eating. The first phase eliminating sugar and carbs from your diet for 2 weeks normalized my appetite and really helped me minimize those food cravings and hunger pangs throughout the day.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I count calories religiously and weigh myself every couple of weeks. I think it amounts to the same thing-- keeping track of something on a daily basis makes it easier to guage how you're really doing.

Ritker-- 8 ounces of pork? Dear God, you must have been STUFFED! How many points do you get a day/week anyway? I haven't done WW in years, and I wanted to do it online this time but I can't afford it.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hmm...Mabee it wasn't 8oz.

I had one and a half pork steak's. They were about 6 inches long, each.
I didn't measure them.

Im allowed 35 points daily. I bumped into flex points that day...ugh...
I just have the E-tools - only $13. Just the basics to help me get on track.

225 this morning....
It's about a week late, but Here's the beginning picture...
Warning -it's scary.

But...that's why we are doing this, right? To feel better, and change our diet.

Attachments

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hmm...Mabee it wasn't 8oz.

I had one and a half pork steak's. They were about 6 inches long, each.
I didn't measure them.

Im allowed 35 points daily. I bumped into flex points that day...ugh...
I just have the E-tools - only $13. Just the basics to help me get on track.

225 this morning....
It's about a week late, but Here's the beginning picture...
Warning -it's scary.

But...that's why we are doing this, right? To feel better, and change our diet.

you don't look so bad-- i've seen far worse. :)

one thing i need to buy that i haven't is a food scale! weighing things works a lot better than guesstimating and even measuring cups/spoons. most nutrition site online and on packages are given in gram weights if nothing else, and that's really the most accurate measure.

oneguy67

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hey Rikter! Thanks for sharing your "before" picture. It wasn't scary at all. Just know you CAN do it.

I'm a former WW-er who fell off the wagon and I'm hoping this thread gives me the encouragement to get back on.

Best of luck to everyone! WW is a great program.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think my scale is broken....
I got on the scale at work, and it's around 10 lbs different from home.
Guess I'll be shopping for a new scale on saturday.
I'll update accordingly.

i've found that all scales are off, even the ones at doctor's offices and the Y were all different for me. your best bet is to stick to one scale to measure your progress more than the actual number.

this is a great site:

Introduction to WalkJogRun

Today I mapped out my walk, it was 3 miles at 3.5mph which burned 376 calories and it took 51 minutes. i find this to be almost, if not more, useful than a pedometer.