Weight

D_Abraham Slinkin

Account Disabled
Media
Right, I'm pretty skinny, and proper struggle to put weight on. I'm 6'2, and 154lbs, I've been trying to put weight on since november, and in 5 months I've put on 4lbs - I've been eating about 1/3 more than I did before, really collosal meals (still healthy though), as well as weight training. I think I've definately put some muscle on, but I'm still growing and haven't get reached my full muscle mass / frame size yet.

Anyway, If I eat more carbs and protein, and put weight on, what will this weight be put on as? Cus I don't want to put too much fat on, but obviously can't gain 20lbs of muscle in a hurry.

Just, discuss and tips please.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Proteins will help you build muscle but don't overdo it, meaning don't go stock up on peanut butter and tuna. Only so much protein can be used by your body a day the rest goes undigested to a degree. Its important to eat proteins after weight workouts.

Also make sure you get your proteins from vegetables as well as meats. Legumes (beans), Leafy green vegetables have proteins as well as whole grains (rice). When eaten in combination vegetables and whole grains containing proteins can form whats called a complete protein which is better used by your body to build muscle.

Building muscle in your workouts requires high intensity resistance training, so if you haven't been lifting weights build up to it gradually. Taking longer rests between your sets will allow more muscle fibers to be built, and drink plenty of water. At least 50% of your diet should include food that is alive, meaning uncooked and unprocessed. Eliminate all fast food and anything in the frozen food section of the supermarket. Try to cut down on anything deep fried or high in saturated fat and sugar. I never say eliminate these foods as it will just make you crave them more and your life won't be nearly as happy as living a life with a diet that gives you a few thrills once and a while.

Whenever starting a diet or exercise regime I always suggest you consult your primary care physician.

I used to have that problem - no matter what or how much I ate, I stayed skinny.
Changed when I was about 32 tho, and now I'm constantly having to watch what I eat, bah. :(

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
tl991 I read your PM and your diet sounds better than most. I would recommend you add a whey protein shake after your workout.
With what you are currently doing I would recommend you do three sets for your work out for..
Endurance 12-18 reps with light weights
General Health 8-12 reps with medium weight
Strength 6-8 reps with heavy weight.
Give yourself a five minute cool down between sets doing stretching and light cardio.

I use machines and work on my upper body on Monday, my lower body on Wednesday and a combo on Friday. It's also important to do something that you really enjoy doing at least one day a week. (I play tennis or rollarblade)

With your weights I would recommend a basic workout of
Warm up strecth for five minutes
Squats without weights
Lunges with weights
Up right row
Laterals
Reverse Laterals
Shrugs
Upright Row
Military Press
Flyes
(Push ups)
Reverse laterals
One Arm Row
Isolated Bicep Curl
Bicep Curl
Tricep Extension
Tricep Dip
Leg Raises
Hamstring Curl
Crunches
Crossovers
Cool down strecths for 10 minutes
It helps to keep a log and for me my ipod makes my workout time much more enjoyable. If you go to a gym some people like to go with a friend, I can concentrate better if I'm not thinking about anyone else of having to converse. But that's a personal choice.
Good luck and most importantly have fun.

Last edited:

monel

Sexy Member
Media
I think I have a similar body type as you. In fact (though you don't state your age I'm assuming you're about 20 or so) when I was around 20 I was 6'3" and about 152 lbs. I remember my weight because no matter what I did I couldn't increase it any. It took a few more years before I began to bulk up even a little. As has already been said a solid weight lifting regimen is your best option and I concur with nudeyorker on much of what he has said. I would suggest that you also consider adding Creatine Monohydrate to your program. It is an amino acid naturally produced in the body and goes directly to the muscle where it helps to build muscle tissue. Only use the 100% pure powder. It mixes easily with fruit juice and has no side effects. It will help maximize the impact of your weight lifting routine.

Let me add one thing. Don't obsess too much over putting on weight. Your body type will stand by you through the years. With a modicum of maintenance, in 20 years when your friends are fighting their ever expanding profiles you will still be in good shape.

Last edited: