Weird Father/Son interaction on "THE CAPE"

Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't know if it's just me, or does the father/son relationship seem to have resemblances of a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship? (view the LONG episode here:The Cape - Pilot - Video - NBC.com) Pay close attention to the first 32 seconds and timestamp 3:55-4:34. I might be sick for suggesting it, but I just caught it on the replaying of the pilot. Don't beat me up for having a sick point of view. :rolleyes:

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
If you mean the hugging and kissing his head (??) I dont see it as being overly affectionate.

No I didn't think it was overly affectionate at all.

Sometimes I wonder if I had been able to have a more intimate relationship with my father as a boy if I would have grown up to crave intimacy with other men.

D

deleted3782

Maybe some of us are so oversensitive to male intimacy that alarm bells go off for any male intimacy. A sleeping kids foot shoved in his dad's face, a dad positioning his kid to a punching bag, and a head hug...none of these give me an inappropriate or sexual vibe. I wonder if gay guys pick up on the acts of male physical affection more than straight guys. Maybe gay guys are more sensitive to male intimacy than straight guys...who might not associate male-to-male affection with sexuality?

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The video won`t play for me:(:(:(
I don`t know what father and son do in that clip, but it my country (and I can say in all Ex-Yugoslavia) it`s perfectly normal to kiss your parents on the cheeks and hug them. We do that all the time.
Heterosexual males often kiss on the cheek three times too, nothing sexual about it.

D

deleted3782

The video won`t play for me:(:(:(

The first scene showed a dad and his son in bed, with the kids feet in the dad's face. Mom opens the door, the dad wakes up and says the kid had a nightmare, mom laughs, he goes back to sleep.

Second scene dad is punching a punching bag, son walks in, starts to punch it too. Dad positions kid on punching form by positioning his hips, then he does a head-hug on the kid.

No kissing.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Maybe it`s a cultural thing, but I don`t see anything "weird" with that. I think I can recognise incestious behaviour, but what you have decribed doesn`t seem to fit my definition.

coachreffn

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yeah, I watched the video...It is an idealized relationship between a handsome young father and his pre-teen son. It is a comic book style story. Idealized male images...but sexualized? Not at all.

Reactions: carsonmccullers

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I didn't see anything sexual in it at all either. Gotta admit I thought the pilot (last night) for The Cape was EXCELLENT!

D_cxdgrd

1st Like
Media
I didnt see anything wrong with it either .. but i was raised a nudist by my father so being close and naked with my dad is no big to deal to me