Weird food combinations...

cockoloco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ravioli with mayonese ( a friend of mine puts mayo on EVERYTHING, and he gave me some to try: awful!)

My aunt is known to eat french fries with caramel :eek:

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
...but I LOVE putting my french fries on my burger. Anything else??
In Pittsburgh (Pennsylvania) there's this strange habit of putting french fries and cole slaw on the sandwoches thanks to those fun loving Primanti Brothers . I've had a few of them, and alhough enjoyable, it's nothing I'd get shaken up over (then again maybe the I.C. beer wasn't quite cold enough) Seriously, I found the fries to be soggy and flavorless which is a downer (I pulled a fry off the sandwoch to sample it alone).

Primanti Brothers Restaurant - Pittsburgh's Most Famous Sandwiches

On my own, I've done all sorts of food combos including beets with pineapple and sausage, apples, potatoes and peppers as well as sweet potato grits with a side of boiled onions. Then there's the breakfast treat of bacon, egg, cheese, onions and tomato all on a sesame seed bagel (and I wonder how I got stomach cancer). Still haven't tried the one I asked on recently-bacon and chocolate; but, I am getting close to it.

Runco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
WOAH. Peanut butter and banana sandwiches are cool

Indeed they are, especially on brown toast! Try adding strawberry jam (jelly) - they are wonderful!

I am into Marmite, fried egg and fresh tomato sandwiches. I don't know if you can get Marmite in the US and it's definitely an acquired taste but I LOVE it!

I would love to try the fabled chocolate and bacon - I keep reading about that combo. Also fresh strawberries and black pepper.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have a buddy who puts ketchup on large curd cottage cheese and stirs it up. It looks like brains or something.

Ever watch "The Salton Sea"? Do so if you haven't. Vincent D'onofrio makes a show of supposedly eating someone's brains (turns out to be calves brains mixed with eggs). :biggrin1:

griplock22

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am into Marmite, fried egg and fresh tomato sandwiches. I don't know if you can get Marmite in the US and it's definitely an acquired taste but I LOVE it!.

i love marmite too! so tasty, although never tried marmite, egg and tomato sandwiches, might have to one of these days.
had it on a bacon sandwich though, although cant remember if it was anything special.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
While in Tijuana I became quite fond of scrambled eggs, refried beans, shredded cheese, and salsa on a warm flour tortilla. I guess that's just normal breakfast in Mexico; but for this gringo it was weird and quite tasty.:cool:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
While in Tijuana I became quite fond of scrambled eggs, refried beans, shredded cheese, and salsa on a warm flour tortilla. I guess that's just normal breakfast in Mexico; but for this gringo it was weird and quite tasty.:cool:
That sounds good. All this talk of food is making me hungry.:biggrin1:

Runco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
i love marmite too! so tasty, although never tried marmite, egg and tomato sandwiches, might have to one of these days.
had it on a bacon sandwich though, although cant remember if it was anything special.

Let me know if you like the sandwich! It's funny but I didn't eat Marmite until I was 19 and I didn't like it at first. I only started eating it when I started weaning my son. His father used to make him Marmite fingers to dip into runny boiled egg and I tried one. From then on in I was hooked! I have just bought a massive jar of Marmite but is definitely an acquired taste. I really like the adverts on TV at the moment...

Runco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

Yep, this kind of grub would go down well with me too!

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My father has made these ACTUAL weird food combinations...

• Sage Country sausage with boston baked beans. :eek:
  • Roasted peanuts and chopped hot dogs in cornbread. :eek:
  • Meatloaf with mushrooms and pineapple chunks. Baked in a mound (not in the loaf pan. It looked like a Don Ho shit turd. :eek:)
When his wife would be sick, this is what we got stuck with...Mom got well soon...:wink:.

Oh, and don't get sick and have him give you the ol' fashion medicine.
Somehow my pop thinks a cup of EVERCLEAR and a half a cup of honey...REALLEMON...
and rock candy was THE Rx. THAT was some NAAASSSSTY fucked up mess that made me more sick to my fuggin' stomach. I told him, "I will stick to NyQuil not DieQuil. Thank you very much."