Weird Hobbies

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
[FONT=&quot]What are some of your weird hobbies? (Everyone has them)

Likely the strangest of mine is that I enjoy constructing languages just for the hell of it. (My user name on here may have possibly hinted at that. “Zeuhl” is a word from the constructed language Kobaïan, invented by Christian Vander, drummer of the band Magma, in the late ‘60s.) I'll pick an alphabet, devise a writing a system, make a basic vocabulary for the "sound" of the language I'm aiming for, and I'll come up with conjugation rules.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
I've got one language more-or-less done, and I'm working on a second. I also have more than enough alphabets and writing systems to work with to keep me occupied for a very long time.

Okay, now your turn.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
[FONT=&quot]What are some of your weird hobbies? (Everyone has them)

Likely the strangest of mine is that I enjoy constructing languages just for the hell of it. (My user name on here may have possibly hinted at that. “Zeuhl” is a word from the constructed language Kobaïan, invented by Christian Vander, drummer of the band Magma, in the late ‘60s.) I'll pick an alphabet, devise a writing a system, make a basic vocabulary for the "sound" of the language I'm aiming for, and I'll come up with conjugation rules.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
I've got one language more-or-less done, and I'm working on a second. I also have more than enough alphabets and writing systems to work with to keep me occupied for a very long time.

Okay, now your turn.[/FONT]

that is rather interesting...in fact, many of the most intelligent people throughout history have done that as a hobby, many are noted polyglots, but for some, it is just an interesting thing to do.

so you may be a genius. :wink:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
as for what mine are...

i was always very passionate about architecture, so it is not "weird", but i frequently used to draft stuff all the time back when i was younger...but i had a particular fondness for designing sports stadiums, usually baseball ones, because of the variety of ways you can organize the dimensions of the field etc.

also, when i was young, i developed dice games for sports, so i could play randomly with my friends, or alone.

but i could apply it to any sport, and i found dice to be perfect, much better than cards that were used in strat-o-matic- football and such. dice offer endless possibilities while cards always have to be re-shuffled.

I also collect spores, molds and fungus.

-