Weird question for anyone with medical knowledge

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by D_Tim McGnaw, Oct 7, 2009.

1. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

So when I get rundown or unwell and sometimes just out of the blue I get swellings which are slightly tender to the touch which run from my hips along the bottom of my abdomen and then down into the crease between my legs and crouch.

I've done some research and I think it's just swelling in the External Iliac lymph nodes, presumably filling with lymphocytes battling some pathogen or other in my system.

My question is how comes this seems to happen even if I feel completely well, and am I right in suspecting the External Iliac lymph nodes or is the site of these swellings not where the E.I.L.N. would actiually be expected to be ?

2. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sure sounds like swollen lymph nodes, but I better feel you up to be sure. :tongue:

(sorry mate, couldn't resist!)

3. D_Tim McGnaw

I wouldn't want you to resist, go for it :wink: You are a qualified medical professional right ? Meh what do I care, with guns like that I'll just call you the Doctor :biggrin1:

4. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well you're in luck... the Doctor is IN :mischievous:

5. peachpie

peachpie New Member

Yur right, your description of symtoms sounds like swollen lymph nodes of the External Iliac lymph region. And palpable swelling of lymph nodes are typically a sign of infection. You can have swelling and not have any "tyically" symptoms of illness, such as feeling fatigue, feverish, etc. Your body constantly fights infection and disposes of waste via lymphatic system, and we are often unaware. It could just be that. But you should get yourself checked by your doctor, because recurrent swelling of the lymph nodes can be a sign of something more serious. Do you notice swelling of other lymph nodes, such as under the arm (axillary region) or just above the neck/jaw line?

6. D_Tim McGnaw

Thank you for your advice :smile:

No I normally don't get any swelling in any of the other main lymph node sites, unless I have flu or something more serious, but even then not always.

It's normally just the external iliac region.

7. peachpie

peachpie New Member

your welcome hunnybun. Still recurrent localized swelling of the lymph nodes should be evaluated. it is likely nothing, sluggish drainage leading to swelling, but again better to be safe and get looked over...preferably by a cute doctor :)

8. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Leave your nodes alone and go see a doctor; you can cause them to swell without even meaning to.

9. technopeasant

technopeasant Member

This can be anything from a benign infection to cancer to lyme disease to anything. Get to a doctor.

10. D_Tim McGnaw

Well I'm presuming it wouldn't be a syptom of Conjunctivitis so it couldn't really be "anything" now could it ? :tongue: But thanks for the "you could have cancer" freak out. :eek:

#10 D_Tim McGnaw, Oct 20, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
Draft saved Draft deleted