Weird Sauna Experience

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by wellhung9, Apr 27, 2010.

1. wellhung9

wellhung9 New Member

So I recently went to a massage and hot tub place. Not one of those happy ending places but a real massage parlor, with hot tubs, and saunas. Anyways I walked into the suana where there were about 5 naked men and 2 naked women. Everyone in there was at least 35-60. I am only 24. I sat down on one of the open lower levels of the sauna and took off my towel. I noticed two guys staring at me kind of funny, but didn't pay it any attention. Then the women who was on the level on top of me, asked if I wanted some kind of salt thing. I said yes and she proceeded to rub salts on my back.

I started to get a little hard while this was happening, but I thought it was okay, because 2 other guys were rock hard and I only had a semi at best. But to my surprise everybody except one guy started to get up and leave, even the women that was rubbing bath salts(or whatever it was) on me. No one said anything, but I got the feeling that me starting to get a boner offended them. I know it wasn't good timing for me to get an erection while some older women was rubbing salts on my back, but i couldn't help it. One guy kind of gave me a mean look too.

Anyways if anyone has experience with these kind of communal naked saunas I would love to know what you think. Should I have covered up? left? apologized? Was it weird because I'm so much younger?

2. buzzrider7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Fascinating experience. If it weren't for the fact that you wrote that two of the guys had full-on boners, I'd say you might have perhaps offended the crowd. Even the guys who were hard left? That seems odd.
    It would help to know where (country or state if in US) this happened. Knowing the local culture a bit might help to understand what went on. There's a place like this I've been to in Northern California, but I can't imagine anybody getting offended by a semi even though it's not a sex sauna. I've seen people hard there before and it's no big deal even though nothing sexual goes on.

3. treetruck

treetruck New Member

Albums:
    I don't think it was because your young. Every sauna has its own code of conduct and I think they change every time you go

4. lovin_california

lovin_california Active Member

where is this place? I wanna go!

5. wellhung9

wellhung9 New Member

That's weird that you say it was in northern california, because that's where I'm from. It was at a place called Frogs Hot Tubs

6. LGX

LGX Member

Maybye they were jealous of your size!:p

7. naturistMale

naturistMale New Member

we Men are so competative, the older boned Dudes saw you were well hung, and left because "they" were embarrased...just sayin

8. buzzrider7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    He he. My example was also about Frogs. ;-)
    Now that I know where this happened and have a very good idea of the vibe there, I'll try again to comment. I've been there maybe a dozen times and find that the vibe of the crowd can differ greatly depending on who is there. My experiences range from showing off and getting hard in the sauna (though always only one-on-one), as well as seeing larger groups of M/F mixes in the hot tub where couples were cuddling/shoulder rubbing, etc. and the guys had at least semis (under water though) to conversations with people who say that they are repulsed by the idea of anybody doing anything sexual in their sacred sauna space. I don't think I've ever seen anybody showing wood in the sauna when there is at least a small group of people. I'd say your wood most likely offended those around you and they took it to mean more than what it was (just an unintended reaction from you). The thing to do migh have been to cover it back up with your towel once it started stiffening. I don't think people would blame you for getting hard, but it was probably the fact that you had it exposed for all to see that was the problem.
    I'm still curious to know, though -- there were two guys in there with full-on boners? Did they get up and leave too?

9. wellhung9

wellhung9 New Member

That's funny that we are talking about the same place. I've only been there that one time, and I definitely didn't see anyone that looked as young as you.
    I'm pretty sure two guys had boners in there, although i didn't stare, they looked hard to me. My massage was great, probably the best I've ever had. Although I'm not from around the Marin area, I do wish to go back when I'm in the area again and get another massage. The one guy who didn't leave was one of the guys with an erection, so i don't think he cared, but he also looked pretty relaxed in there so he didn't want to get up.

I think it's cool that you've shown off(one on one) and that person is okay with it? Are you showing off to girls or guys? Yeah I guess I should have covered up, i just thought it was normal for guys to get erections in saunas, and that they would especially understand since I just had a women rubbing salts on my back.

10. piratebulldog

piratebulldog Member

Well, one obvious thing is that they had been in the sauna for quite awhile. They were not even concerned with you or your erection. They simply had had enough of the heat of the sauna and needed to shower and get cooled down. Doesn't sound like they cared in the least if a man had an erection or not. I doubt if your age had anything to do with it. Probably just a coincedence that they left seemingly as a group.

11. lgtrmusr

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Maybe piratebulldog has a point -- but the hard looks? I'd say a repeat visit is in order, a little extra modesty, until you feel more sure of the vibe, and what the other guys seem to be doing.

Draft saved Draft deleted