Weird sounds

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Hey Sailor, Aug 5, 2011.

1. D_Hey Sailor

D_Hey Sailor New Member

Bit of a rant, but I reallllllly hate it when I'm doing something in my house and I'll hear a bang, some strange click, or who knows what else. I'll immediately get up to check if it's my sister coming home or a psycho killer, but more often than not it's some noisy neighbor or postal workers.

Just thought I'd share... I've probably gotten up to look out the window or around the house 3 times this hour :smashfreakB::dance:

2. B_Nicodemous

B_Nicodemous New Member

LOL! OMG I do the same thing and have the same response. It just pisses me off, lol. Most times though, i hear a weird sound, and I wont get up to check. I have the how to survive a woor movie guide! lol You don't check on those things:lmao:

3. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I reported my neighbors to the department of homeland security because of their weird noises. (And boarded up windows.) True story. (No one cared, by the way.)

4. D_Hey Sailor

D_Hey Sailor New Member

The guy who lives a few doors down from me must have a terrible temper... at least 5 times now I've heard some profane words just absolutely *screamed* aloud. Glad I don't live next to him :27: (I don't think he's a public threat though, or an enemy of the state)

PS: You talking about houses with boarded up windows makes me think of the movie The Burbs... Was their last name Klopek?!? :mischievous:

#4 D_Hey Sailor, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  5. MickeyLee

Gold Member

poltergeists and building traffic have no respect of solitude or silence.

electric fan. is cooling, is white noise.. con: can make paper work a full contact sport.
    is no quite the perfect solution.

6. D_Hey Sailor

D_Hey Sailor New Member

I've resorted to wearing a big pair of headphones :1244:

7. witch

witch Member

this is why having a dog , any size if you can is a comfort ..... my last girl let me know if anyone one was near the house ...... 12 pounds of killer cujo lol ;p

8. willow78

Gold Member

Albums:
    When I was looking after my brother's dog, she would start barking at 2am which would scare the crap out of me - I'd immediately freak out and panic that someone was outside.

9. Endued

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    93% of all scary noises are actually crackheads with loads of guns. Little known fact.

Draft saved Draft deleted