Weird vibes from my gynecologist

rich-9.8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As a doctor, this kind of behaviour makes me sick, to think that members of my profession will actually abuse the position and power they have over their patient. Get a new gynaecologist, and file a complaint against this guy.

In th UK we are a lot less litigious, but I would expect people to sue his arse over here too - there is no way her can be allowed to get away with this kind of behaviour. It creeps me out thinking there may ge other women and girls he is being inappropriate with. HG, I would make a complaint to the clinic in the first instance, after that I'm not sure - someone here will know the US system better than me I hope!

Congrats on getting pregnant though!

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Honey_Grrrl83 said:
Thanks for all of the wonderful advice on this weird,disturbing and embarressing situation:smile: I told my fiance about what the creepy bastard did and he wants to strangle him:tongue: I am going to get a female gynecoligist because I think(but I'm not 100% positive)that I may be pregnant now,so I can't let him stress me out at this critical point

Ohhh...Honey! How cool !!!! Tell when u are sure!:wink:

Yep get a female Doc as gynecologyst for sure - no way you have to be stress pregnant or not!:wink:

Honey_Grrrl83

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I took the EPT test this morning(I bought it yesterday but I was too nervous to use it)and it came up positive:smile: So yes,I am pregnant:biggrin1: I should've known that I was because my period never came,I have slight morning sickness and my breasts ache,tommorow I'm going to get a new ob/gyn:smile: It was a slight shock to me to see that positive test because my fiance and I have only been having sex since early March:rolleyes:

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
:fest06:

Now is official! Honey is expecting !!!:cool:

Congratulations Honey & Fiancee!!!

Soon soon you will gives reports about sex and pregnancy for sure... Honey Girl!:tongue:

stud_hunter

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There's so reason to continue going to a doctor who makes you feel uncomforable. Personally I've never understood why anyone goes to a male gyn. I love men but that just makes no sense to me. Especially now that they aren't ALL male.

yongdo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
stud_hunter said:
There's so reason to continue going to a doctor who makes you feel uncomforable.
are you a masochist? :tongue:

it's cool if you are. just askin':biggrin1:

Mumzi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
AMikkell said:
That's an interesting thought pattern. Do you only go to doctors who have had the problems your having now? I can say with reasonable certainty that I know more about the internal organs of females than many females. Your saying that having something, or going through something tells you more about it than studying it. I can't agree with you there.

I think we'll agree to disagree. :wink:
If you are a gynecologist, then of course you know more about female anatomy than many women.
Surely I do believe that men are very capable humans! They make wonderful physicians, I know, I'm married to one.
My brother in law is an amazing physician and I know I would never get any better care from anyone else.

My point is that not he, nor any male would know how it feels to have PMS, or what it feels like to be female and in that case cannot relate to female only issues. Pregnancy is something a male cannot relate to.
You might feel that a female who has not been pregnant cannot relate to that; but when I explain that labor pains are like menstrual cramps 1000 times over, now she has a better idea.

Many women find it difficult to discuss very personal issues with a male gynecologist. That can be because men don't always take women seriously, feeling that they are too emotional.
Being in the medical profession I can tell that it is true. I have seen too many male doctors poo poo symptoms as emotional. Too many medical studies have revolved around men, and the outcome applied to men and women. If you are in the medical community, you'll know exactly what I mean.

But if someone does see a male gynecologist and is comfortable, then that is exactly where they should stay.

This is more of a comfort issue. Patients who are comfortable with their doctors are more likely to be more open about perceived embarrassing or personal issues- which could be serious.

Please don't think I'm suggesting that male physicians are inferior, no one is inferior. This is less about the capability of the male physican and more about the womans comfort with another woman.
I say that the female physican can relate better to her female patient; but really I think it is equally the fact that the female patient is more comfortable relating to another woman when it comes to her body and her issues/emotions.

It is up to the individual, of course. In my case, I do just fine with my male doctor.

Mumzi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Honey_Grrrl83 said:
Yes:party2: A Honey kitten is coming!:tongue: I hope it's a girl:fest30: :arms: I just sent my fiance a text message,and he is praying for a boy:baby: :biglaugh: I'm just interested in a happy,healthy pregnancy and delivery

This is great! Congratulations to you both. Girl or boy, it won't matter once you have it.
I didn't have post partum depression, it was pre-partum anxiety! That nine months seemed so long. I remember holding my daugher (as my hubby and his brother were blubbering "she's beautiful") and I said to my husband: wow ....I'm someones mom!

Hope you breast feed. I still belong to belong to the la leche league, here is the link http://www.lalecheleague.org/

If it's a boy, no circumcision !
I would offer to deliver ya, but mississippi is too far away!

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Mumzi said:
I think we'll agree to disagree. :wink:
If you are a gynecologist, then of course you know more about female anatomy than many women.
Surely I do believe that men are very capable humans! They make wonderful physicians, I know, I'm married to one.
My brother in law is an amazing physician and I know I would never get any better care from anyone else.

My point is that not he, nor any male would know how it feels to have PMS, or what it feels like to be female and in that case cannot relate to female only issues. Pregnancy is something a male cannot relate to.
You might feel that a female who has not been pregnant cannot relate to that; but when I explain that labor pains are like menstrual cramps 1000 times over, now she has a better idea.

Many women find it difficult to discuss very personal issues with a male gynecologist. That can be because men don't always take women seriously, feeling that they are too emotional.
Being in the medical profession I can tell that it is true. I have seen too many male doctors poo poo symptoms as emotional. Too many medical studies have revolved around men, and the outcome applied to men and women. If you are in the medical community, you'll know exactly what I mean.

But if someone does see a male gynecologist and is comfortable, then that is exactly where they should stay.

This is more of a comfort issue. Patients who are comfortable with their doctors are more likely to be more open about perceived embarrassing or personal issues- which could be serious.

Please don't think I'm suggesting that male physicians are inferior, no one is inferior. This is less about the capability of the male physican and more about the womans comfort with another woman.
I say that the female physican can relate better to her female patient; but really I think it is equally the fact that the female patient is more comfortable relating to another woman when it comes to her body and her issues/emotions.

It is up to the individual, of course. In my case, I do just fine with my male doctor.

Yep Mumzi

I have my female Doc for 8 years she is my friend and latina too and before that female gynecologyst nurses too are excelent.

When i went to hear after sex with my ex 9" i told her and her reaction was comic...i would never have the same openess with a male Doc like the one i have with her...i had just 1 visit with a male gynecologyst Doc and that was it...he was good and all but i choose to stick with females for life. :wink:

Mumzi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gisella said:
Yep Mumzi

I have my female Doc for 8 years she is my friend and latina too and before that female gynecologyst nurses too are excelent.

When i went to hear after sex with my ex 9" i told her and her reaction was comic...i would never have the same openess with a male Doc like the one i have with her...i had just 1 visit with a male gynecologyst Doc and that was it...he was good and all but i choose to stick with females for life. :wink:

It's great that you feel that way Gisella. All in all, going to get a pap/pelvic exam is not high up on a woman's to do list! It's not the most fun thing in the world. lol
Many women don't go, or go for years without having an exam, and anything that can make the entire procedure more comfortable is a good thing!

AMikkell

Just Browsing
Media
Mumzi said:

I say that the female physican can relate better to her female patient; but really I think it is equally the fact that the female patient is more comfortable relating to another woman when it comes to her body and her issues/emotions

I can understand it that way. If it's a comfort thing, then yes, see a female doctor. The way you said it before made it seem that a male gyno couldn't understand it, but explaining it as a comfort thing makes sense.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

LongNights

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I find that behavior to be appauling. Being in the medical field, we are expected to uphold the highest standard of care when regarding a person's GU (Genital/Urinary). I would recommend switching doctors ASAP. As far as legal action or repremand, I am unsure as to how you should proceed.

Also, with regards to male and femal GU examiners. I have been witness to numerous pelvic exams and can say that male and female examiners are both well qualified to perform their jobs. Many patients even attest to the fact that they prefer a male examiner....though I believe the 'norm' to be vise versa.

Being a male, I personally, don't feel 100% comfortable with the task at hand when witnessing a pelvic on a female. It is not that I am unprofessional about the matter, it is just beyond my region of comfort as a person. Everyone finds there niche in medicine and I guess this particular Dr. is abusing that niche.....

LongNights

Honey_Grrrl83

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I NEVER look forward to going to the gynecoligist,it's weird to have a stranger probing the most intimate part of your body,but I find it especially weirder when a man is doing it:redface: I don't have anything against male gynecoligists,but after this experience I must say that I'm a little soured on them,my future father in law is a well respected doctor who works in the same hospital as this creep,and he agreed that this guy stepped over the line,my future sister in law also finally admitted that during a pelvic exam in 2003 he asked her if she felt "excited":mad: DISGUSTING!:mad:

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
credibility alert.... this thread strikes me as orchestrated plays for attention, as do most of your posts :confused:

please be real, or a lot of people will invest in and then be terribly disappointed if misled