Welcome Back CigarBabe!!

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Banning someone doesn't mean they aren't missed, it doesn't have to undo friendships, and unbanning someone doesn't mean we can't express that they were missed.

That's fine. I find it insulting to intelligent adults, but that's just my opinion. I guess that some people are happy with the LPSG being moderated like a kindergarten class.

Last edited:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
WB, CB *frots* :wink:

What am I missing here? This feels almost cult-like. The woman was "banned" for what most saw as a ridiculous reason, and now the moderators who sent her into exile for de-programming are smiling and shouting along with the sheep, "Welcome back! We missed you!"

What you might be missing, and I say this with no authority whatsoever, is that mod decisions are done by majority consensus but not by absolute majority consensus. In other words, we have no idea which of the mods may have voted for or against banning CB.

I do think the apparent circumstance of the ban were a little curious, but then the ban has obviously been appealed and reversed. So why wouldn't the mods who were potentially part of a voting quorum that banned her and also potentially part of a voting quorum that lifted that ban welcome her back? What is objectionable about that?

Edit: or what K said :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
It has been so dark and cloudy and now the sunshine has been restored.

Welcome Back Cigarbabe! I missed you so much around here. We need a knife like you to cut through the tension sometimes=)

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Nick8:

I'm confused.You appear to be throwing mixed signals. I distinctly remember you telling an agitated poster that a NY "gang" or posse didn't exist. ("I'm just going to say two last things to you. One: there is no NY "gang" and I'm sick to death of hearing about it. That's complete and utter bullshit. And if there were...")

Were I to make an impromtu visit to NYC, is there a leader? a godfather's ring to kiss? Protection fees? I wouldn't dream of dissing established protocols.

I lied. The vicious rumors are absolutely true. Now what do you plan to do about the horse head I had left in your bed this morning?

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
So why wouldn't the mods who were potentially part of a voting quorum that banned her and also potentially part of a voting quorum that lifted that ban welcome her back? What is objectionable about that?

Nothing, if that's how it all really happened.

If the wardens/moderators didn't scheme and make their decisions with so much secrecy, there wouldn't be the controversy and consternation whenever a member is banned or suspended.

On top of that, none of them are accountable for their actions. They're the lords; we're the serfs. :tongue:

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
Kotchanski writes: Any member is welcome to appeal against a ban placed on them, and if they so choose, time will be spent discussing it with both that member, and the moderating team, at which point, a decision will be made and the member informed.

This is what happened here.

--------------------

Translation: Mods were made an offer they couldn't refuse.

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
JUST A WELCOME THE HELL BACK WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT WHO ELSE IS POSTING IN THIS THREAD.

:laola:

BUT JUST REMEMBER BRUTUS WELCOMED CAESAR BACK TO ROME...

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Nick8:

I'm confused.You appear to be throwing mixed signals. I distinctly remember you telling an agitated poster that a NY "gang" or posse didn't exist. ("I'm just going to say two last things to you. One: there is no NY "gang" and I'm sick to death of hearing about it. That's complete and utter bullshit. And if there were...")

Were I to make an impromtu visit to NYC, is there a leader? a godfather's ring to kiss? Protection fees? I wouldn't dream of dissing established protocols.

We take turns being the Don. PS I love it when guys slober on my jewelry! :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::wink: