Well after months of being stupid

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by MidwestGal, Oct 28, 2007.

1. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
    and scared about getting tested after some condom breakage last fall and a rape earlier this year. I went and got tested for everything at my last pap. Everything came back neg, thankfully. I can rest a lot easier now. I had so much going on and wasn't near my primary care doc for months and really didn't trust anyone else.

My advice, don't be scared just get tested for your piece of mind if you ever find yourself in a situation like mine!

2. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ugh...that really blows, TG. I've very happy for your good news...now get out there and live it up! :biggrin1:

3. Principessa

Gold Member

OMG! I can't believe you waited this long! :confused::mad::eek:
    I know you have had a LOT on your plate; but with all the time you have spent in hospitals lately they could have easily done the necessary tests. I'm glad you're okay; but sheesh! My mind would have been torturing me.

4. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
    some of the testing blood wise was done down there anyhow. But I wanted my own doctor to do my pap, not ask someone in the ent clinic or change my primary doctor just to get a pap and testing. I had an appt with planned parenthood at one point this summer to go get tested but I was so sick I couldn't get to the appt. That is why I said I was stupid for waiting this long! With all the bad crap I have dealt with medically in the past two years, I find very little trust in many doctors that is why I wanted my own, whom i have know as a co-worker then patient for the past 13 years.

5. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
    thanks Hazel, I don't plan on living it up. I am waiting for a good, decent, and honest man in my life! I may have to wait a long time but at this point I have other issues to work out.

6. lafever

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thats a good attitude, stick with it no matter what and you`ll succeed.

lafever

Draft saved Draft deleted