Well, I Hope You're Happy !!

B_caneadea

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I posted the thread about partners a while back and it was very gratifying to read so many positive responses.:)

On another web site there was a poll gauging happiness. I was very surprised to see that more than 50% of the respondents identified as unhappy.:(

So. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being miserable and 10 being ecstatic, rate your level of general happiness. Comments too, please. What makes your life happy or unhappy?:) :(

B_caneadea

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
GoneA said:
[FONT=&quot]I'm only happy at funerals and on the frequent occasions when I visit the morgue. [/FONT]

Thank you. That was very nice, "Morgan". I mean, "Stanley". I mean, "GoneA".
Class?
Anyone else?
Anyone else?

B_HappyHammer1977

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Always happy! Life's not too bad at all. Even when it's not going brilliant, it could be worse.
Just remember, if you have a pot somewhere half filled with copper coins, you're richer than two thirds of the worlds population. (Or something like that!)
:D :D :D :D

DC_DEEP

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I could compartmentalize several aspects of my life and have fairly different ratings for them... but all together, sum total, I would have to rate my general happiness in my life as around 8.5 or 9. I am very happy with myself and my home and family.

It is a bit sad, though, that most people choose not be happy. Too many people want to just sit back and magically be made happy. The universe owes them fun, excitement, and happiness, with no effort on their part. Unfortunately, a happy life is not a perpetual motion machine, it's like a car. You get in and drive, but you have to get the oil changed, and fill the tank when it runs low, and if you have a flat (analogy to adversity) you can't just get out and cry that your car no longer runs; you have to get out, change the tire, and move on. There are influences, yes, but you have to make your own happiness.

B_HappyHammer1977

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
DC_DEEP said:
I could compartmentalize several aspects of my life and have fairly different ratings for them... but all together, sum total, I would have to rate my general happiness in my life as around 8.5 or 9. I am very happy with myself and my home and family.

It is a bit sad, though, that most people choose not be happy. Too many people want to just sit back and magically be made happy. The universe owes them fun, excitement, and happiness, with no effort on their part. Unfortunately, a happy life is not a perpetual motion machine, it's like a car. You get in and drive, but you have to get the oil changed, and fill the tank when it runs low, and if you have a flat (analogy to adversity) you can't just get out and cry that your car no longer runs; you have to get out, change the tire, and move on. There are influences, yes, but you have to make your own happiness.

Couldn't agree more.

Ryandaoc

Just Browsing
Media
I am generally a 8-9 on your happiness scale.

Not only that, I really like making other people happy during the course of a day. Making someone laugh or smile is a daily goal for me. But that's just how I like to live.

I think some people are actually more "comfortable" being unhappy. Sad, to me, but if that's how they like to live and it makes them "happy" then more power to them.

DC_DEEP

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ryandaoc said:
I think some people are actually more "comfortable" being unhappy.

Well, you got that one right on, Ryandaoc. I do know far too many who are just not happy unless they are unhappy... and far too many who can't seem to figure out how to keep one problem in life from clouding every aspect of their lives. I do understand how conflict with a coworker can affect your mood, but you can't take it out on the rest of the office, then go home and "kick your wife and beat your dog."

It's hard to imagine how different our world would be if everyone could figure out that if you have a problem with one person, you should deal with that one person, not take it out on everyone else. Uh, terrorists, take note here...

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
caneadea said:
Thank you. That was very nice, "Morgan". I mean, "Stanley". I mean, "GoneA".
Class?
Anyone else?
Anyone else?

"Thank you my pedagogue"

*returns back to dark corner of classroom*