Well...just my thoughts

Discussion in 'Politics' started by thebigmac89, Jul 8, 2011.

1. thebigmac89

thebigmac89 New Member

I've been reading the politics section on here for awhile. I am currently an Economics Major/ Possibly Political science minor/double major, and Its very interesting and exciting to see many viewpoints on here. I am extremely informed and insightful on economics and politics.

I will come out and say this now, I am mostly a libertarian. I never really identified *at all* with democrats, and im not quite republican (due to all those ideology tests just for sheer curiosity)

Obviously I seem to be in the minority here lol. So I just wanted to throw this out and get some responces before i make some remarks that I am worried might start a flame war as it has happened in real life.

2. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    These are not thoughts, they are definitions of yourself without any subject. Impossible to have a discussion without a subject-- your existence doesn't count.

3. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    You're explaining/defining yourself and trying to establish boundaries before you jump into the pool. Done. Take a stance and let the flame wars begin if they must.

Btw, my uncle was a career ambassador with the State Dept (ambassador to two, second to five, junior to four more). His advice was to major in economics and minor in poli sci since, as he said, all politics was economically based. So you're on the right track.

4. Jason

Gold Member

All US politics is economics based.
    All EuroZone economics is politics based.
    In a nutshell this is why both systems are going badly wrong.

5. dandelion

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    well.....given the intent of creating the EU was to prevent world war 3, you might have a point. But even if the economics takes second place to the politcs, better than having said war, surely?

Draft saved Draft deleted