Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, I quite agree that editing images is not necessarily a bad thing; (if it is to remove a blemish etc) but it is a problem when you believe something to be real which is not. I too cannot tell the difference between a well photoshopped photo and a genuine one. Some of the lighting in my pictures is terrible and I suspect many believe them to be potentially photoshopped.

I am terrible at editing photos and can barely adjust the brightness, but, as Aconitum spoke of - I dare not even do that because it would potentially make the whole image look fake. It is definitely a problem when you are trapped in a corner where you can't win either way. I thought that the camming option would prove a good way of validating yourself, but apparently not.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm more sceptical now than ever. I never knew anything about photo editing (not even cropping) until 2 weeks ago. I make some awards for a function using photos that were taken during the event. A very special friend showed me how to clean them up using photo editing. Within a couple of days, I was amazed at what I could change and no one could tell.

Now I understand why it's always been so hard for me to spot the fakes.

Nottswanker

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Many photos taken with compact cameras and phones have already been sharpened, white balance compensated, contrast added, lens distortion corrected etc. by the camera before you even upload them, so I have no issue with someone using PS to give their pics more impact. Sadly, it's a slippery slope for some. I am a pixel peeper and the evidence of clone tool cock is usually quite clear to me but not everyone is familiar with imaging software and the artifacts it produces. A lot of people want to believe the hype and are happy to delude themselves and humour the fakers as part of their fantasy, just the same as plenty of guys are happy to chat or cam with men posing as women.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wonder if any of the womens' tits are photoshopped... :confused:

I think the majority of men here are all around the same size (the ones with pics) when you sort the real from the fake; the photoshopped from the untouched.

Of course overall the site probably has a normal range of penis sizes but most members don't post pics.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
a fine assumation of the site Incognito, me thinks.

I am of the opinion the site attracts persons with LPs and others like myself
I also have from 6 months of joining resigned to what i feel are Penises with a few oversized, some ridiculously photoshopped, and most in your average range.
(that is my own perception of average)
The Newbies especially the youngsters have some fine pictures, and i am happy to live perhaps a Fantasy re such in viewing some of them, often keeping to the fore its the era we are living in
Just go with the flow' as they say
enz

just a prempt
ALWAYS believed it is a word, and i am stubbornly as usual sticking to what i think? ha
Answers.com - Is assumations a word
Definitions and Word Differences question: Is assumations a word? Not in American English. The Brits have some stranger than fiction words, ...

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm more sceptical now than ever. I never knew anything about photo editing (not even cropping) until 2 weeks ago. I make some awards for a function using photos that were taken during the event. A very special friend showed me how to clean them up using photo editing. Within a couple of days, I was amazed at what I could change and no one could tell.

Now I understand why it's always been so hard for me to spot the fakes.

Yeah... it's hard to know who or what you are looking at these days. For example, a few days ago I saw a handsome young man on cam in the chat room who is a well known member here. I'd never seen his face before and thought he was better looking than I expected. The very next day, he was on again, but suddenly he had aged 15 years and gained 20 pounds! Colour me confused and pissed off. So even camming can be deceiving.

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just so you all know, yes, my avatar is photoshopped... I didn't actually stand around bouncing while someone recorded it!

You have no idea how disappointed I am to discover this! But it does give me an idea for MY next avatar!

Are dicks like teeth maybe?!

It would explain why I LOVE going to the dentist for a clean! :tongue:

But I hate it when he uses the drill! :eek:

That suction thing is quite nice though! :biggrin1:

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It would explain why I LOVE going to the dentist for a clean! :tongue:

But I hate it when he uses the drill! :eek:

That suction thing is quite nice though! :biggrin1:

Haha, I also enjoy going to the dentist! (assuming it is only for a clean and polish) I thought I was the only one! :biggrin1:

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah... it's hard to know who or what you are looking at these days. For example, a few days ago I saw a handsome young man on cam in the chat room who is a well known member here. I'd never seen his face before and thought he was better looking than I expected. The very next day, he was on again, but suddenly he had aged 15 years and gained 20 pounds! Colour me confused and pissed off. So even camming can be deceiving.

How is that possible? Are you saying the first time you saw him was a video loop?? Flattering lighting? I think my web cam makes me look terrible. Some are really unflattering with harsh lighting.

Why did your guy look so different?

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Imagine a picture with two trees side by side. Now draw a box around one of the trees, and get rid of everything that isn't in the box. Now you have a picture of one tree. That is cropping.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
More like scissors. With an eraser you still have all that white space left over. If you had that picture and cut it in two with some scissors and held up one of the half pieces, that would be a cropped picture.

D

deleted3782

There's always been a downside to fakery here...and that is when fake members develop close relationships with real members, and the day comes when they want to chat on cam or in person...and the fakery is revealed. It's happened over and over on this site...to some of LPSG's most popular members. In the end, it bites the faker worse than their "victims", if that's any consolation.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I believe the number of fakes has probably stayed relatively the same throughout the history of LPSG. More people joining = more fakes appearing.

You may not be far off, but I do think the proportion of people who know Photoshop and similar programs is slowly increasing.
So the proportion of fakes may be increasing ... I don't say quickly.