well, thank goodness Pat Robertson has chimed in on Haiti

scorpiokc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Good ol' Pat always with his explanation of why every time there is a tragedy God is pissed off at one thing or another letting the devil run willy nilly destroying everything. Pat is an asshole.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
apparently, the Haitians made a deal with the devil a long time ago

what an asshole.

go to the 6 minute mark, if you can stomach it

Pat Robertson: Haiti Deserved It. : Delaware Liberal
Well this isn;t far from the bastardly comments of Harry Smith on CBS morning show. He decided to tell us all about Haiti and flapped his hands around as he did it.

He told the poverty facts~~some 50 percent unemployed
people live on about $2.15 daily, and he went on then he said something which pissed me off royally, he decided to mention that the highest HIV rates are found in Haiti. And this has fucking what to do with the earthquake? since Smith did not then say anything about medical needs of HIV sufferers it made little sense or was he saying HIV brings unemployment? Or does unemployment bring HIV? Or was it just him trying to seem smart? Haiti has never been a particularlly wealthy nation anyway and this is not going to help them.

I knew the religious jerks would blame it all on some twisted pact and let's not forget the voodoo! Yes there it is the Haitians made a pact with the devil to have theiir lives cut short painfully through earthquakes, huricanes and HIV while living in poorly constructed huts. Strange thing the pact never helped them get big money to build nicer homes or get electricity all the time~~according to Michele the electric is an on and off thing and has been since he can remember.

A hex and a pox upon Pat Robertson.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
He told the poverty facts~~some 50 percent unemployed
people live on about $2.15 daily, and he went on then he said something which pissed me off royally, he decided to mention that the highest HIV rates are found in Haiti. And this has fucking what to do with the earthquake? since Smith did not then say anything about medical needs of HIV sufferers it made little sense or was he saying HIV brings unemployment? Or does unemployment bring HIV? Or was it just him trying to seem smart? Haiti has never been a particularlly wealthy nation anyway and this is not going to help them.

Well, think of the connection. He probably still thinks HIV is "god's punishment" for gay people. Robertson isn't the only religious nut job that suggested this.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That must have taken quite a bit of posturing and selling - to get all of Haiti on the same page; and get together and strike a deal with the devil like that.

Wonder if that was a 'handshake deal' with the devil, or if there were terms and conditions with signatures and such?

...learn somethin ever' day me guesses...

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:yikes: Pat Robertson is still alive?! :irked: :mad:

Isn't he the same butthead who said that New Orleans deserved what it got when Hurricane Katrina hit; because it was such a den of iniquity for so many years. :mad:

Apparently it's true, "Only the good die young." Yet evil like him just keep on living and spewing hate. :mad:

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
More proof that when your opinions/prejudices are not rooted in fact, crafting a story starring the devil will bait your followers into believing.

Actually as I posted in another thread, his claim is factually true. On August 14, 1791, a group of houngans (voodoo priests), led by a former slave houngan named Boukman, made a pact with the Devil at a place called Bois-Caiman. All present vowed to exterminate all of the white Frenchmen on the island. They sacrificed a black pig in a voodoo ritual at which hundreds of slaves drank the pig's blood. In this ritual, Boukman asked Satan for his help in liberating Haiti from the French. In exchange, the voodoo priests offered to give the country to Satan for 200 years and swore to serve him. On January 1, 1804, the nation of Haiti was born.

Robertson's claiming that he has knowledge that this earthquake was a result of this is ludicrous, but his historical facts are correct.:rolleyes:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Actually as I posted in another thread, his claim is factually true. On August 14, 1791, a group of houngans (voodoo priests), led by a former slave houngan named Boukman, made a pact with the Devil at a place called Bois-Caiman. All present vowed to exterminate all of the white Frenchmen on the island. They sacrificed a black pig in a voodoo ritual at which hundreds of slaves drank the pig's blood. In this ritual, Boukman asked Satan for his help in liberating Haiti from the French. In exchange, the voodoo priests offered to give the country to Satan for 200 years and swore to serve him. On January 1, 1804, the nation of Haiti was born.

Robertson's claiming that he has knowledge that this earthquake was a result of this is ludicrous, but his historical facts are correct.:rolleyes:

OK... before phasers are set to stun, please tell me that you are not seriously trying to defend or bring any level of validation to the absolutely fucked-up comments made by Pat Robertson?

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
. . . Isn't he the same butthead who said that New Orleans deserved what it got when Hurricane Katrina hit; because it was such a den of iniquity for so many years. :mad:

Actually, I think he blamed it on some magical number of aborted babies in the U.S., though others certainly blamed it on homosexuals and general hedonism in the Big EZ. But really, I can't be bothered to look up such trifling crap. :cool:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OK... before phasers are set to stun, please tell me that you are not seriously trying to defend or bring any level of validation to the absolutely fucked-up comments made by Pat Robertson?

Bahahaha! It's true! After Satan negotiated that deal, he bought a 38' Fountain with twin engines and boated to Cancun.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

I think the word you're looking for is legend.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Actually as I posted in another thread, his claim is factually true. On August 14, 1791, a group of houngans (voodoo priests), led by a former slave houngan named Boukman, made a pact with the Devil...

To which I replied:

{dreamer20;2547091}

No, Robertson's historical facts are not correct. That demented evangelical made up the above tale and mislabeled the Haitian Vodou religion as Satanic, which it is not. Haitian Vodou is a mixture of Roman Catholicism and West African religions. This is what happened with regard to the 1791 ceremony:

Haitian Vodou - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ezili Dantor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The most historically important Vodou ceremony in Haitian history was the Bwa Kayiman or Bois Caïman ceremony of August 1791 that began the Haitian Revolution, in which the spirit Ezili Dantor possessed a priestess and received a black pig as an offering, and all those present pledged themselves to the fight for freedom. This ceremony ultimately resulted in the liberation of the Haitian people from French colonial rule in 1804, and the establishment of the first black people's republic in the history of the world and the second independent nation in the Americas.

And this was Boukman's prayer:

Boukman - TLP

This prayer, from the ceremony at Bwa Kayiman, has been traditionally been ascribed to Boukman: "The god who created the earth; who created the sun that gives us light.The god who holds up the ocean; who makes the thunder roar. Our God who has ears to hear. You who are hidden in the clouds; who watch us from where you are. You see all that the white has made us suffer. The white man's god asks him to commit crimes. But the god within us wants to do good. Our god, who is so good, so just, He orders us to revenge our wrongs. It's He who will direct our arms and bring us the victory. It's He who will assist us. We all should throw away the image of the white men's god who is so pitiless. Listen to the voice for liberty that sings in all our hearts."{/QUOTE}

Last edited:

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Thank you Mr. Dreamer20. I vaguely remember from all the hours I worked studying anthropology to obtain my piled higher and deeper degree in folklore that Voodou had nothing to do with the alleged existence of a satan. But I was too bored and lazy to dig up any factual evidence.

I'm waiting for the christian apologists to show up and make an excuse for the existence of Pat Robertson. To me he's just another example of a maniac personality cult using Jeebus as a means to fleece as much money as possible. It's so sad that supposedly intelligent human beings actual give the scum street cred.

Thanks again. Just shows to go ya that one man's evil black pig is another man's freedom fighter.

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
:shocked1:He's not the only nut! Unfortunately Alabama has one legislator that is also a preacher (or thinks he is) that claimed Hurricane Katrina was caused by the gays down there. I was hopeing he would be defeated in the last election but all the so-called Christiancrits turned out at the polls and put him back in.