Well There Goes The PB&J

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That is depressing. My husband is a peanut butter nut! I'm serious. Not long after we were married he came home with 14 pounds of raw, shelled peanuts! Do you have any idea how much that is? He said there was an old man at the farmer's market (in Atlanta) trying to get rid of them so he bought all he had.

He made peanut butter, brittle, candy, just about anything you could think of. He had almost a half-gallon of peanut butter. It was the nastiest thing I had ever seen in a kitchen. The oil would separate, and he would make such a mess trying to stir it.

I hope he doesn't try that again.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wow I'm glad I am well stocked for now. Last month I bought 10 forty eight ounce (3 pound jars) at Costco for about $40.00 and change. I love peanut butter... I sometimes dip a spoon in and sprinkle it with chocolate chips for a snack.
I have 30 pounds of peanut butter on hand... I predict peanut butter cookies will be made sometime in the very near future.

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Wow I'm glad I am well stocked for now. Last month I bought 10 forty eight ounce (3 pound jars) at Costco for about $40.00 and change. I love peanut butter... I sometimes dip a spoon in and sprinkle it with chocolate chips for a snack.
I have 30 pounds of peanut butter on hand... I predict peanut butter cookies will be made sometime in the very near future.
Well that had to get you some looks at the checkout. Well not really it's Costco. haha
Yumm peanut butter cookies. Care package please. :smile:

LookingCurious

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Yeah, honestly its not a bad idea to stock up now if you're a big Peanut Butter fan.

Just yesterday, Amazon had a deal on 2-packs of JIF creamy PB. A 2-pack of 40oz jars for $6.50 with free 2-day shipping (for prime members). Without knowledge of the impending peanut butter cost inflation, I stocked up simply because one cannot eat too much peanut butter (in my opinion, please consult a physician before starting your all-peanut-butter-all-the-time diet :cool: ). The deal was simply too good to pass up.

For comparison, that same 2 pack of JIF that was $6.50 yesterday is now $15.91. (If you know Amazon, you know their prices can fluctuate wildly even within a day. Not sure what algorithms they use to determine prices but after the $6.50 sale, prices bounced around between $13-22 all within 24 hours).

With all this peanut butter, maybe I should research some recipes. The only peanut butter recipe I know involves 2 slices of bread. :frown1:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
With all this peanut butter, maybe I should research some recipes. The only peanut butter recipe I know involves 2 slices of bread. :frown1:

Here is one!

Peanut Butter Chocolate Bite Cookies

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup shortening (I like Crisco)
1/2 cup peanut butter (plus more for filling)
1/4 cup Caro syrup
1 TBL Milk
A few drops of vegetable oil
6 ounces chocolate chips

Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and shortening, 1/2 cup peanut butter, syrup and milk and mix with mixer until it resembles coarse meal... add a few drop of oil as needed to help it stick together. Form into two long rolls about 2" in diameter, wrap in wax paper and chill until very firm.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cut dough into 1/4 inch slices. Put half the slices on an ungreased cookie sheet. Dab center of each cookie with 1/2 tsp of peanut butter and top with 4 chocolate chips. Top with another slice of dough and pat together to seal it or use the prongs of a fork to press edges together.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cookies cool on the sheet for a few minutes and then remove onto parchment paper or a brown bag to remove some of the oil from the bottom.

Recipe makes about two dozen

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Here is one!

Peanut Butter Chocolate Bite Cookies

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup shortening (I like Crisco)
1/2 cup peanut butter (plus more for filling)
1/4 cup Caro syrup
1 TBL Milk
A few drops of vegetable oil
6 ounces chocolate chips

Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and shortening, 1/2 cup peanut butter, syrup and milk and mix with mixer until it resembles coarse meal... add a few drop of oil as needed to help it stick together. Form into two long rolls about 2" in diameter, wrap in wax paper and chill until very firm.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cut dough into 1/4 inch slices. Put half the slices on an ungreased cookie sheet. Dab center of each cookie with 1/2 tsp of peanut butter and top with 4 chocolate chips. Top with another slice of dough and pat together to seal it or use the prongs of a fork to press edges together.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cookies cool on the sheet for a few minutes and then remove onto parchment paper or a brown bag to remove some of the oil from the bottom.

Recipe makes about two dozen
Ok I'm not getting cookies but I got a recipe. Now I just need the money for PB......digging in the couch..

Two question's:
Only 4 chocolate chips :frown1: can I add more?

Do I have to do the final step of oil removal or can I just snag them of the sheet after cooling? Chomp...:biggrin1:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Two question's:
Only 4 chocolate chips :frown1: can I add more?

Do I have to do the final step of oil removal or can I just snag them of the sheet after cooling? Chomp...:biggrin1:

You can add more chocolate chips but it oozes out the sides of the cookies... (Which is not always a bad thing)

You can eat them fresh out of the oven with a really cold glass of milk; that's how I like them the best!

spoon

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

hey nudeyorker

PEANUT BUTTER & CO.
240 Sullivan Street, New York
(btw. West 3rd and Bleecker)

have you tried this place? i ordered my dad peanut butter from there. it's so good. travel channel did an hour show on the 10 best places in the country to get sandwiches---and this place was one of the ten.

D

deleted3782

I just threw an unopened jar of organic peanut butter away. I guess it looked good in the grocery store...or was needed in a recipe...when I bought it a few years ago. RIP peanut butter jar.

This is why I keep my 'frig'ator almost empty.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
hey nudeyorker

PEANUT BUTTER & CO.
240 Sullivan Street, New York
(btw. West 3rd and Bleecker)

have you tried this place? i ordered my dad peanut butter from there. it's so good. travel channel did an hour show on the 10 best places in the country to get sandwiches---and this place was one of the ten.

I'll check it out when I get a chance, but it dawned on me that in addition to the 30 lbs I have on hand in NY, I have about 10 pounds in Hawaii... in a pinch....

Homemade Peanut Butter

1 pound roasted peanuts
1 tsp sea salt
1 1/2 tsphoney
1 1/2 tsp peanut oil

Put the peanuts, salt and honey into the bowl of a food processor. Process for about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Place the lid back on and continue to process while slowly drizzling in the oil and process until the mixture is smooth, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. If you like chunky peanut butter add 1/2 cup peanuts and pulse until desired consistency is achieved. Place the peanut butter in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
That is depressing. My husband is a peanut butter nut! I'm serious. Not long after we were married he came home with 14 pounds of raw, shelled peanuts! Do you have any idea how much that is? He said there was an old man at the farmer's market (in Atlanta) trying to get rid of them so he bought all he had.

He made peanut butter, brittle, candy, just about anything you could think of. He had almost a half-gallon of peanut butter. It was the nastiest thing I had ever seen in a kitchen. The oil would separate, and he would make such a mess trying to stir it.

I hope he doesn't try that again.
My god he is a peanut..:tongue:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thinking of changing my 401K to peanuts. OOPS already is....haha....off topic.

I think Nudeyorker raised the price based on his global stash.

No, then toothpaste and coffee would be outrageous also. Ever since I joined Costco and became a homeowner (Which happened almost simultaneously) I have been buying in bulk.

HappyBoi

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Haha, swedish and american culture sure is different.. I've never had a PB&J sandwich. ;P
None of my friends ever do either.. I think. xD