Were any of the disciples gay?

tygrrr

Just Browsing
Media
Lordpendragon said:
Statistically, at least one of these guys must have been. Are there any known gay Saints?

I'd say most likely one or more of the disciples were gay - or, let's say they probably engaged in homosexual acts -- statistically ;)

- Gay saints? There's Saint Sebastian. And from the Russian orthodox church there are also the Martyr Saints Sergius and Bacchus - there was even a special blessing for couples of the same sex - Adelphopoiia - where Sergius and Bacchus were invoked - but it got less and less used in the course of these last centuries of more Western influence. Apparently in Albania and other parts of the Balkan it was practiced up until late last century. -
I'm pretty certain there are more gay saints also. I'm not a Catholic or involved in any religion, though I take an interest in things spiritual. -- Interesting topic, regarding the disciples!

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
What makes you think any of us would know.

(GoneA said, very tongue in cheek).

(No "tongue" and/or "cheek" jokes, plz).

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
tygrrr said:
- or, let's say they probably engaged in homosexual acts -- statistically ;)

That never came up in any of my math papers. Interesting concept though. Of course, Sebastian, but what else could he have been with that name?

I am partial to a dirty martini Dave.

stud_hunter

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lordpendragon said:
Statistically, at least one of these guys must have been. Are there any known gay Saints?

How about this. Odds are there have been multiple gay Popes. The lifetime celibacy thing attracts a lof of gay men to the clergy (I was brought up Catholic, sort of; don't even get me started on the Catholic Church...:mad: )

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
If we're talking statistically, if at least one of the disciples were gay, I think it's also safe to say that Jesus had sex at least once, possibly children, and most definitely siblings.

stud_hunter

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Had to throw this in here, from a conversation George Carlin said he had with a friend.

GC: Did you know I went to Catholic School for 12 years?
Friend: Then how come you're not Catholic?
GC: Because I went to Catholic School for 12 years!

Now, I went to public school (thank GAWD) but I can still relate.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Heather LouAnna said:
I think it's also safe to say that Jesus had sex at least once, possibly children

:eek:

Wow ... I bet that would make a great novel ...

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
In one of film history's more jaw-dropping moments, the gay sex life of the disciples was in fact explored in an X-rated 1974 cheapie, Him, directed by the pseudonymous Ed D Louie. The movie found it almost impossible to get play dates, however (did no-one consider this while they were making it?!), to the extent that various websites online now maintain that it's an urban legend. But trust me, it exists, and is documented. :rolleyes:

Attachments

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Heather LouAnna said:
If we're talking statistically, if at least one of the disciples were gay, I think it's also safe to say that Jesus had sex at least once, possibly children, and most definitely siblings.
The Apostle Paul definitely refrained from relations with women. Regarding Jesus,was the wedding in Cana his wedding? (St. John 2). Also you can look at this missing part of the New Testament
http://www.rotten.com/library/religion/bible/historical-construction/new-testament/secret-gospel-of-mark/

and see that Michael Jackson & Jesus may have had similar interests.

lol dreamer20 :wink: