Were any of you ever on a game show at all?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by elegant20, Dec 9, 2009.

1. elegant20

Gold Member

My mother however was just an audience member on Password as well as What's My Line, back in the 60s, that is.

2. BigDallasDick8x6

Gold Member

Albums:
    I flunked the Jeopardy audition THREE TIMES (!) by ONE question each time. I guess I'm a member of Densa. :redface:

For the first level screening you have 10 questions and have to get 7 right in 3 minutes. All 3 times I got 6 right. On the other hand, they do use the unused $1000 questions so I don't feel too bad. I've made a lot of money on my couch watching it, just not IRL

Here's an example of one of the questions I missed-- What is George Wallace's middle name?

I knew his middle initial was "c" but I had never heard what the "c" stood for.

It's Corley.

#2 BigDallasDick8x6, Dec 9, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  3. _avg_

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes! I was on Bozo Buckets when I was like, 5-6yo!! Total failure...missed the 2nd bucket...

god I totally forgot about that!!

4. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

Once, a while ago.

5. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    There was a hot guy on wheel a day or so ago name German. I think Pat liked him too.

6. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    I was on the 20,000 dollar pyramd maybe 5 years ago. It was a cattle call and my friend wanted on and they picked me. I was treated in the most awful manner. Back stage they yelled at us constantly when other players weren't playing well...yet we could not hear any of the game. It was strange. I waited all day to play. They made us play back stage for maybe 6 hours straight until you couldn't think any more. They had no food. Donny Osmond was the biggest ass on the planet. I told him before the show when he came up to me that I had seen him in a play. He made a big deal about it and said I was making it up and must have seen the video of his play. It was like why the fuck would I make that up??? I just said, no I think I would remember that. The show was fixed. They needed one of us to get to the grand champion rounds the next morning. One of us had to win the entire thing to make it happen. Once my opponent one the first round...they flashed her the answers to the game. She told them as much and they just kept going. I was really just content to be on the show and won a camera. I had just wanted a fair shot. I swear to god they run this episode on every freaking game show network...I can't get away from it. I only really look back and think Donny was an ass. But I would go on another one at some point because any money won is better than nothing

7. nudeyorker

Gold Member

No but I went with a friend who was on Hollywood Squares years ago!

8. D_Ivana Dickenside

D_Ivana Dickenside New Member

i've always wanted to go on the price is right... only to spin that big wheel! :biggrin: but there's no point in going on the show anymore since bob barker is no longer hosting :shrug:

9. prepstudinsc

Gold Member

I was on the Hung and the Restless.

10. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Haven't been on a game show (although I tend to be really good at most games), but was in the studio audience during a talk show where one of the guests was the Naked Cowboy. How that happened, I really don't remember...

11. elegant20

Gold Member

CUBE, that sounded so awful as to how you were treated by Donny Osmond. He seemed like the "King of Douche", by the way you described him. How Donny and Michael ever became friends is beyond me because I always hear a lot of bad stuff about Donny himself. He seemed to be a more attention whore than his family, making Jermaine Jackson and his scummy brothers look like a saint.

Draft saved Draft deleted