Western Union - A Black Hole for your $$$

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Rikter8, May 24, 2006.

1. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Has anyone else had problems with western union money orders?

I made a money order out, and its been a month, and still no product.

I called Western Union at thier 1-800 # and they could not track my reciept number because "Once its cashed, we can't track it anymore".

The woman I talked to was completely clueless, and could not help in any regard. She also would not let me speak to her supervisor to try to track down my order.
    She said "If we cant find your order, then call your agent and have him track it"

How the hell is my agent supposed to track it, if Western Union themselves can't track it??!!
    I asked her this. Her response "Thank you, have a good day, click."

Buyer Beware of Western Union - You may send money, but you'll never get it back!

2. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    ugh. that really takes the piss considering the motherfucking rates they charge. i recently had to send an international money order for $11 through WU. total cost to me? nearly $35.

since they've already subjected you to the routine brushoff, i can only recommend that you keep calling them and pissing them off until somebody realizes they're not gonna get rid of you until they do something. companies like WU sometimes need reminding of their legal obligations before they'll get off their asses.

3. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Got a local TV, radio or newspaper group that looks into consumer complaints?

Often when the bad guys find out that they're about to become famous, they suddenly become all ears.

4. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ever notice that Western Union offices tend to be located in seedy neighborhoods like Greyhound bus stations? There's a reason why.

5. mindseye

Gold Member

I'm not sure I'm following the story here, but this is what I gathered:
    1. You wanted to order an item from somewhere else;
    2. You paid for the item via Western Union;
    3. Western Union transferred the funds to the seller;
    4. The seller has not delivered the item you paid for.
    Am I reading this correctly? 'Cause if so, why are you holding Western Union responsible for the seller's non-performance? Western Union did the job you paid them (through the nose) to do.

My limited experience with Western Union: Overpriced, but reliable.

6. D_alex8

D_alex8 Member

In recent months in particular, following a lot of negative press from eBay fraud victims, Western Union have themselves issued warnings against wiring money (or money orders) to people one doesn't know personally, since they (claim to) have no ability to trace exactly to whom the money has been paid out. eBay outlawed the use of Western Union as an "unsafe means of payment for goods" at the end of 2005.

7. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Mmmm, never really used their money orders b4. The money transfers however have been a use of mine forever, so I really have no basis for comparison.

Draft saved Draft deleted