Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
@LaFemme - Are you responding to "WestWorld", Episode 9?

I don't know what to think about it, now... But, I will get there.
Tonight's episode.

Huh. I don't know what to think. It's just one big mess.

Personally, I do like Humans much better.

Reactions: ActionBuddy

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
With "Game of Thrones", we all know, from the get-go, that "All Men Must Die", with "WestWorld", who knows who dies, or if they are actually "dead", or if we even care?... Comparingly, I really like the intrigue of life, and death, "Artificial Intellegence", and actual "consciousness" story lines told in the writing of the British TV series, "Humans".

A/B

Last edited:

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Was there anyone that DIDN'T get stabbed, shot, burned, or commit suicide in episode 9?... Can't remember... It's a big, messy blur... And, yet, they are all gonna be alive again, for episode 10.

"Don't call me
'Billy'."...

Whatever... ;)

Last edited:

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I guess the annoying thing about this show is that there is no consistent "time-frame' with it... Everyone is all over the place, and time, throughout each episode. I don't know who or what is alive or "real".

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I guess the annoying thing about this show is that there is no consistent "time-frame' with it... Everyone is all over the place, and time, throughout each episode. I don't know who or what is alive or "real".

I guess I don't mind the confusion, especially since it seems they are eventually answering questions and in a more clear and planned fashion than the random answers that Lost came up with.

For example, I originally thought we were watching two timelines. One when William visits the park as a younger man, and one when the man in black visits (who may or may not be the same person as William).

Based on what we learned tonight, I think there's been a fair amount of content that we've watched that was from a third timeline as well when Arnold was alive, we just didn't recognize Arnold.

Beedie Tijii

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I guess I don't mind the confusion, especially since it seems they are eventually answering questions and in a more clear and planned fashion than the random answers that Lost came up with.

For example, I originally thought we were watching two timelines. One when William visits the park as a younger man, and one when the man in black visits (who may or may not be the same person as William).

Based on what we learned tonight, I think there's been a fair amount of content that we've watched that was from a third timeline as well when Arnold was alive, we just didn't recognize Arnold.
Agreed: at least three timelines.

Particularly suspect are the one-on-one interviews we've seen with Dolores, which I think we are quite clearly supposed to infer were with Arnold and not with Bernard. I am a lot clearer on the timeline now, although much of what the latest episode has revealed had been theorised by many already. I think I got what I wanted though.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Particularly suspect are the one-on-one interviews we've seen with Dolores, which I think we are quite clearly supposed to infer were with Arnold and not with Bernard. I am a lot clearer on the timeline now, although much of what the latest episode has revealed had been theorised by many already. I think I got what I wanted though.

Please explain what it is that you wanted, from this story... ?

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Yes, that's exactly my thought. I thought it was Bernard interacting with Dolores and I was trying to understand how Dolores was getting back for interviews with him when she was out with William. But those were, in fact, older interviews prior to William's arrival at the park and she was interacting with Arnold.

It also explains why Bernard has such a painful cornerstone backstory... because it was part of Arnold's RL backstory and Ford programmed it into him for more accuracy.

I'd heard the theory before that Bernard was Arnold, or Arnold had downloaded himself into a robot, and neither of those theories sat well with me. But I'm much better with the reveal that we actually got on screen (and while those fan theories were close, they weren't really on-the-nose).

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Have you guys watched the original movie?

I did, last weekend. It was surprisingly terrible. Aside from the 1970's hairdos and clothing, ridiculous mustaches, and Hee-Haw banjo music, throughout... I was amazed how dumb it was. But, hey, TV has to constantly regurgitate itself to keep on going. I did like the sideburns, though... :)

At least, with the HBO series, it is concentrated just on "The Wild West" scenerio, and not also presenting Roman Empire and Medieval "times", like in the movie.

Here is a link to it, if it works for you: http://thevideo.me/2irzrjxbivht

A/B

Last edited:

Beedie Tijii

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Please explain what it is that you wanted, from this story... ?
What I wanted for this episode... was for the timeline we're seeing mapped out in multiple parts to be presented clearly enough that I can make more sense of the events of each individual episode. There is still a lot more mystery and intrigue left in the plot, but the multiple timelines writing device had outstayed its welcome a couple of weeks ago.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
^ - I agree... We need more info, rather than more "intrigue".

Patience, young one :p

Personally, I'm happy with the rate that the information is coming out. I'm thoroughly entertained each episode and I feel like I'm getting new bits of info as the story progresses.

As much as I liked Lost, this show is much better at giving out answers, even if it's not dumping them onto us all at once.

Beedie Tijii

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lost is like what I imagine could happen if a team of professional writers decided to write a TV show by chain letter without ever communicating with one another.

The visual effects were great for the time though and it had a couple of fun characters. I'm told the ending is dreadful, so I'm kind of glad I never finished watching it.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've not watched "Lost"... Is it worth watching?

The first season was fantastic, and subsequent seasons definitely had some amazing moments. It had some super appealing characters too with a lot of depth to them.

Ultimately, the series suffered from too many actors leaving (kept getting DUI's and crap and getting written out of the show unexpectedly) and also suffered from the writers having no idea from the outset about the direction the show would ultimately take. They tried to play the story by ear from one season to the next and it shows.

It's well worth a watch though. Season 1 is one of the best shows that's ever aired on television IMO. I never finished the series (the middle seasons got kinda distracting / annoying), but man did it ever start strong.

Last edited:

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks for the recommendation, guys. Seems like this happens to far too many series that have a great first season.

The trailer did not exactly "inspire" me. "And, who brought us here, John?"... "The island." ... :rolleyes:

A/B

Last edited: