Wet dreams: the nights plague?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by orbital, Jan 6, 2005.

1. orbital

orbital New Member

Albums:
    I just recently discovered this site's existence, and I'm impressed with it so far. The discussions here seem great, and it seems like it's a really tight night community. I just joined the other day, so I figured I'd introduce myself whenever I could come up with a worthy topic.

Recently, I've had more wet dreams then I could ask for (and the worst part is, I don't usually even remember the dream :)). I know that this is the body's natural way to release semen, but if you're not masturbating actively more then once a week, how often should wet dreams occur? Ever since I stopped masturbating often and cut back to once a week or once every two weeks, it almost seems as if I'm having a wet dream at least three nights out of the week. I really don't mind it if I'm alone and in the comfort of my own home, but I could forsee this becoming a problem in my dorm room or if I'm even in bed just sleeping with a girl.

Any ideas or comments? I'm all ears.

2. Imported

Gold Member

Chris Frist: maybe it is because you used to masturbate so much? I dunno.

I think i've only had two my entire life, both when just out of puberty, and i've gone back and forth from once a day mastrubation to once a month.

3. avidjacker

avidjacker Member

Albums:
    I have never had a wet dream. I once stopped masturbating for a month and a half and still nothing happened. So I just beat off and it was on with my daily routine from that point forward.

4. ericbear

Gold Member

Albums:
    I had frequent wet dreams in my early teens. The ceased entirely by the time I was about 15 or so. By then I was draining myself at least one a day.

5. txquis

Gold Member

I think your wet dreams will pass, with more sexual activity,
    and as you age.

6. vega

vega Member

Never had one so sorry can't help.

7. Imported

Gold Member

remotehypnosis: It seems from the original post that you have a link between not masturbating and the frequency of wet dreams. The less you masturbate the more wet dreams you have.

Of course that is not necessarily true. It may be true for you now. You may want to make a decision about whether you want it to be true in the future.

Try this:

Masturbate 5 times a day, every day for 7 days. Even if you don't want to masturabate make yourself cum 5 times a day. Write down how many wet dreams you have at night.

Then cut it down to 4 times a day for a week. See how that effects your wet dreams.

Eventually by trail and error you should find the right frequency for you!

8. madame_zora

Gold Member

Or even once a day. If the wet dreams are annoying, I would see if masutrbating helps them. Every person is very different, so what works for one may be different for another. Some guys have 'em, some don't. BTW, what was your reason for cutting back on masturbation?

9. orbital

orbital New Member

Albums:
    The only reason I really don't masturbate too often anymore is because I go away to college, and the dorm life and masturbating don't go all that well together. There's really no place to do it aside from the shower (nothing wrong with that, but people are always going in and out of the bathrooms, even at like 3 am!), or when my roomate goes out...but then there are always people constantly knocking at my door. Then again, I really don't like to masturbate just to bust a nut...I like to edge and make it last a while (at least 30 minutes to an hour), but then again, that's just me.

10. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Anyone who says they never had wet dreams or nocturnal emissions when they were in their teens is lying. But to the point of your dilemna, just try to get a few masturbations a week that way you get out of your system literally.

The human body reacts strangely in order to purge certain things out of the system; for females it comes in the form of a period, and for males it can be in the form of wet dreams. Nothing really bad about it, just the body's way of cleansing it's self.

11. Pappy

Pappy Member

Chuck, I wouldn't go so far as to call any one a liar. It might be that they didn't have enough of an emission to actually know that they had a wet dream. I have had ones that were full blown ejaculations and then I have had some that were just enough to cause a wet spot on my underware. A lot of guys may have just enough to cause a wet spot that has dried before they awake, therefore they never realize that they have had the wet dream. Just my 2 cents worth.

12. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Chuck, I wouldn't go so far as to call any one a liar. It might be that they didn't have enough of an emission to actually know that they had a wet dream. I have had ones that were full blown ejaculations and then I have had some that were just enough to cause a wet spot on my underware. A lot of guys may have just enough to cause a wet spot that has dried before they awake, therefore they never realize that they have had the wet dream. Just my 2 cents worth.
    [post=274738]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]
    Wouldn't think so there, Pappy. With wet dreams, even the slightest emission is always recognizable in the body. The feeling of ejaculate expelling through you is a sensation that cannot be mistaken.

13. jay_too

jay_too New Member

MPChuck..

I have had full-blown emissions and not realized it until I tried to turn over and discovered that I was glued to the sheets. Pissed? Oh yea!

Why? Regardless of how hard I try I cannot get rid of all the dried spunk. Maybe I can't see ir or feel it....but sitting in a lecture, I can feel the crotch hairs pulling to be free. Using meat tenderizer to dissolve the proteins does help some.

So I practice many preventive wanks daily.

jay

14. jonb

Gold Member

Do you recognize it when you're unconscious?

15. Freddie53

Gold Member

I read all these different posts with facination. Statements that say "this or that never happen." are suspect. Why? If there is one exception in the billions of men on the planet, just one, then that makes the statement false.

We are all different. Our sleep patterns are so different. Some people sleep so soundly that they wet the bed and I am talking about teenagers and adults. So we can not be surprised if some guys can sleep through a wet dream and not know it. And some guys produce more cum then others. Some produced a thinner secretion then others.

When I had wet dreams, I became awake enough to know I was having them, usually becoming awake just as it was happening.

Some guys wake up just before it happens and jerk off. I remember reading one post that said that.

The thing that surprised me most about this thread is that some parents are so naive as to think they could talk to their sons before puberty about wet dreams and check the bed sheets and make the boys feel like they had wet the bed.

I know that my mother recognized the stains. She never ever said a word. Surelly a father would know better then to do this.

As a parent I sure would rather catch my son jerking off or staining the bed sheets rather then engage in sex with a girl he doesn't love and especially fathering a child he doesn't want to raise.

I would change the bed sheets and never say a word if the stains were that bad every day. Not that I can imagine that this would be the case. But some parents would make that big a deal about it. Guys have enough to worry about as teenagers without parents worried about soiled underwear and bedsheets from wet dreams or masterbation for that matter.

16. ziggity

ziggity New Member

Albums:
    this is my first post, and this is a weird place to post..

but..

i'm 17, 18 next month, and i've been masturbating 4 to 7+ times a week since i could first get erections.

i think, because of this i have NEVER EVER EVER had a wet dream OR nocturnal emission. i have in a slim few cases woken up with a hard on, but i have never cum in my sleep. not a single time :eek:

17. KinkGuy

Gold Member

I have maybe had two wet dreams in my entire life (and that's a llllloooooooooong time) damnit and those were when I was a horned up teen. Some men do, some men don't and nobody is lying about it! More to the point............why the fuck would it be a "plague"?????? Normal if you do or don't. And I deliver a copius load so it's not from a lack of juice.

18. Freddie53

Gold Member

this is my first post, and this is a weird place to post..

but..

i'm 17, 18 next month, and i've been masturbating 4 to 7+ times a week since i could first get erections.

i think, because of this i have NEVER EVER EVER had a wet dream OR nocturnal emission. i have in a slim few cases woken up with a hard on, but i have never cum in my sleep. not a single time :eek:
    [post=275540]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]
    First welcome to this site. Glad to have you here. And you are right. Wet dreams are almost like accidents. When the prostate gets completely full, it overflows usually in a wet dream or nocturnal emmission. It can happen in the middle of class.
    But if you won't have a wet dream if you can always jerk off in time. Those times when you woke up in the night what did you do? I suspect jerk off. If you had just rolled over and gone back to sleep you might have had a wet dream in your pants. I had wet dreams, but once I learned the art of masturbation I never had another wet dream.
    Again welcome here. This is a fun place. And post and ask questins as much as you like. We all can learn.

Freddie

19. jonb

Gold Member

It's basically a way of restoring balance to your body. The only time to concern yourself is when you remember the wet dreams and you're surprised by your co-star.

20. madame_zora

Gold Member

Well, I like to say "Fuck bush", but not that way! ewwwwwww.

Ziggity, welcome. That is one hot avatar!

Draft saved Draft deleted