Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Evening (depending on time zone) all
Hope everyone is doing well. My question is …as life begins to return to normal(ish) what’s been the biggest change in your life over the last 2 years?

For me it’s probably working from home and the comforts it’s brought. Been able to move home as the need to travel has reduced. The flip side to it is while it’s been nice to work at home I’ve become much less inclined to work hard at my job. Struggling to find a good balance.

Reactions: lapdog2001

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not being able to live life to the extent I prefer, not being able to see friends and family every day and night, not being able to see theatre, musicals, live music.

Life has been back to normal here since January, so it's been nice to see people again.

MoodyBlues

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not being able to live life to the extent I prefer, not being able to see friends and family every day and night, not being able to see theatre, musicals, live music.

Life has been back to normal here since January, so it's been nice to see people again.
Glad to hear its been back to normal. Has there been any lasting changes?

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I gave online dating a try.

Met an amazing guy and we clicked on so many levels.

I’m proposing to him this summer.

my work drastically changed. I’ve decided no more clinic, just working with specific populations at home.

I decluttered several people for stupidity reasons over the plague.

MoodyBlues

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

my work drastically changed. I’ve decided no more clinic, just working with specific populations at home.

Awesome - does he know your proposing to him or at least its on its way?! Good luck.

Yeah the decluttering is a great point..lots of that done at my end as well.

Reactions: lapdog2001

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Two years reminded me of lessons learned long ago. The value of cuttings ties. The finality of time. All of it the hard way.

Good for me. Bad for others. I don't forgive anymore.

A general paring down. Shaking off of dust and bindings.

I'll never go back to giving up that much of myself.

Holly Doors

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'ma very social creature, I very much missed my friends and family and my little community of pub friends and lifestyle friends.

What it did do tho was bring my immediate family together, my husband had to work from home and even used the opportunity to take retirement from his main job. Our children who normally attend boarding schools were home, it was the first time we'd all been under the same roof for such a long period and could just chill without the normal chaos going on around us. The wildlife around us suddenly exploded without all the cars on the road and stuff going on, I loved that it was amazing.
In all a lotta good came outta the pandemic and lockdowns for us sure I really missed my friends and folks but that time being together with our children was priceless.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual

I should add, became an orphan.

Reactions: MickeyLee

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Two years ago I almost closed my business. Today I am effectively retired from a very successful company that's been on their own for a few months and doing great.

I stepped away from day-to-day operations turning the COO position over to my best manager. I tried this five years ago, and it didn't take because they weren't ready. They're more than ready now, and I couldn't be happier.

The downside is that I retired so I could travel. Well, that's not happening now, but I hope to in the near future.

But the kicker is that my husband's studio shuttered completely at the start of the pandemic and closed for good soon after. So he bought into a new one in another state, and it looks like we'll be pulling up roots here and heading there.

But frankly, I kind of knew that was coming which was a major decision in stepping away from the big chair.

Wish me luck!

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Well, for me it's 3 years. I'm not gonna go into too much detail at the moment but it's like time stopped. It's been 2019 for 3 years in my head.

I might die in the year 2019 in my head, even if it's 2069 in reality.

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Two years ago I almost closed my business. Today I am effectively retired from a very successful company that's been on their own for a few months and doing great.

I stepped away from day-to-day operations turning the COO position over to my best manager. I tried this five years ago, and it didn't take because they weren't ready. They're more than ready now, and I couldn't be happier.

The downside is that I retired so I could travel. Well, that's not happening now, but I hope to in the near future.

But the kicker is that my husband's studio shuttered completely at the start of the pandemic and closed for good soon after. So he bought into a new one in another state, and it looks like we'll be pulling up roots here and heading there.

But frankly, I kind of knew that was coming which was a major decision in stepping away from the big chair.

Wish me luck!
Best of luck