What’s your myers briggs personality type?

insert_8

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
What’s your myers briggs personality type?
If the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator is everything that many people claim it is, then you should be able to identify the type for many people on this Forum.

Are you willing to give it a try? MBTI assigns one of 16 categories based on binary measurements in four dimensions. Given uniform distributions you should, on average, be able to identify two out of the four by random guessing - you would have to consistently identify three or four traits to give credibility to the theory behind MBTI. Of course, the promoters of MBTI admit that the distributions are NOT uniform, so by "playing the odds" (i.e., biasing your guesses in favor of the more prevalent types) you should be able to improve your accuracy.

In the end, there are not 16 types of people, but only two: Those who accept the diversity and uniqueness among individuals, and those who think that people can be pigeon-holed into 16 categories.

ChiroNexx

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've taken an MBTI clinically and also online. All the results were always the same, but I tend to not give online tests any credence. I prefer to view the profiles as a guideline or general description of the personality, however - I personally believe people have more attributes or less rigid categories of personality. With that being said it might provide helpful insight or perspective to read up on the personality profile you receive, it could help describe or call to attention some features of your personality that you can then work on, strengthen.
Long post long: INTJ was my outcome.
I believed myself to be more perceptive than judgemental, but that was the result.

Reactions: Dollydud and jtm011

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I came up INFJ -

INFJs are distinguished by both their complexity of character and the unusual range and depth of their talents. Strongly humanitarian in outlook, INFJs tend to be idealists, and because of their preference for closure and completion, they are generally "doers" as well as dreamers. This rare combination of vision and practicality often results in INFJs taking a disproportionate amount of responsibility in the various causes to which so many of them seem to be drawn.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/

I'd say that is about right. :)

ChiroNexx

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It’s interesting how everyone so far is an “I” & that there many INTJ’s.
I feel that introverts would utilize a social website moreso than extroverts. Doesn't seem to surprise me there. According to the MBTI profilers the INTJ type is supposedly not too common, roughly 2 percent of the tested population. Now if everyone begins posting an INTJ... We might have a statistically rare demographic, or it's all bogus!

Reactions: insert_8