What 8 Years Of Bush Has Done To Our Economy

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ok you're confusing me. you're talking about hillary clinton right? cause she hasn't served any terms either.

D_Neeson Niceone

Experimental Member
Media
Sigh, I wish economics was mandatory in high school. The reasons posted in that article have very little impact on the current state of the economy. People get it in their heads that there's this lever in the oval office labeled "Economic Growth" and that smart presidents push it to "Up" and dumb presidents push it to "Down". It would be great if there was a test to register as a voter.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sigh, I wish economics was mandatory in high school. The reasons posted in that article have very little impact on the current state of the economy. People get it in their heads that there's this lever in the oval office labeled "Economic Growth" and that smart presidents push it to "Up" and dumb presidents push it to "Down". It would be great if there was a test to register as a voter.

i'm not saying its that easy but certainly you could agree that there's been GROSS mismanagement of our country for 8 years

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
oh, well ya, bill would be cool, but back to the article, IMO, the money spent on the war is a necessity at this point. there are people out there that want you dead, A LOT of them. does that not worry you? what if i told you these people that want you dead WILL try to kill you if we lose this war? ya, it's a sticky situation, but if the Iraqi government turns corrupt(which it will), and nothing is done, the development of WMDs will ensue in the following ten to twenty years. i don't know about you, but i would prefer not to get nuked.

D_Neeson Niceone

Experimental Member
Media
i'm not saying its that easy but certainly you could agree that there's been GROSS mismanagement of our country for 8 years

gross mismangagement? No not really. Gross overspending (not talking about the war)? Definitely. It's not that the republicans are doing a good job - they aren't, but the dems are even worse. My ass still hurts from doing taxes last month and Clinton's and Obama's "big plans" scare the shit out of me.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
so it's better to kill them before they kill us?

exactly. survival of the fittest at its finest. radical islamists have no intention on negotiating. they've left us with only one option, kill or be killed. whether you want to admit it or not, we are at a critical time in the history of man. we now have the ability to destroy the entire Earth, and this ability needs to be minimized and regulated. once a country has nuclear weapons, they will always have them. someone has to step up and police the development of WMDs before it is too late. i just wish we would have waited until we had more allies in this war before invading.

_chrizzian_

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Maybe you're right, maybe not. I just refuse to say "them or us"... it's some kind of...unprogressive, you know. Yes, of cause it's dangerous and yes, we can't just sit an watch what will happen, but I still don't feel confident enough with the idea of war as the answer. .. I'm happy I don't have to vote in the USA.

The main problem, as it seems to me, is that "islamist" is a term like "jews" or "blacks". To eliminate and/or repress (or at least try it) a particular part of the mankind, seems wrong to me in any way, not important if in form of the islamist ideology or "war as a defense".

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight