What 8 Years Of Bush Has Done To Our Economy

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Remember it was 8 years of Clinton policies that led to the anger of 9/11. Bush was in office for a mere 8 months and was still setting up the fax machine ...to "anger" the Islamic freak-ozoids. In other words.... the "Bush' has pitted the world against us... is folly.

the same could be said about Bush Sr.'s admin. though...the WTC bombing in '93 happend a mere month after Clinton was in office

hottxboi16

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Really? The war has increased the hatred for america worldwide...not helped it lol...its called blowback...we invade their land....we take their resources, we run their country, we tell them what to do and to be happy about it...and they hate us, so they resort to the only means they can.....killing us......the money spent on the war is NOT a necessity, its a burden and a HUGE economic burden at that...we dont even have the money to pay for this war...we are just racking up debt and ruining our economy o_O

LOL and get nuked? fat chance the middle east even has that capability let alone our country not having the ability to easily intercept...

oh, well ya, bill would be cool, but back to the article, IMO, the money spent on the war is a necessity at this point. there are people out there that want you dead, A LOT of them. does that not worry you? what if i told you these people that want you dead WILL try to kill you if we lose this war? ya, it's a sticky situation, but if the Iraqi government turns corrupt(which it will), and nothing is done, the development of WMDs will ensue in the following ten to twenty years. i don't know about you, but i would prefer not to get nuked.

hottxboi16

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
The one thing i have to disagree with you is lack of decent gun control leading to random public shootings

You can't blame "lack" of gun control on psychotic individuals...more so I would blame the media for blowing situations like that up, spending several days covering the same issue and allowing the same type of people to see that as a means to a significant ending. People committ suicide all the time, its the individuals that have biological dysfunctions that want to go out with a bang, no pun intended x.x

You can't control those types of people...you take away guns then what? They go around killing by whatever means possible...don't blame it on guns or gun control.

what would you call these incidents if not gross mismanagement

-politicians spending tax $$ on hookers
-guantanamo bay
-use of retired military officers to give a COMPLETELY BIASED perspective of progression in coverage
-torture practices
-consistent dishonesty with the american public
-hurricane katrina
-national debt
-senseless loss of life
-some of the lowest approval ratings i've ever seen
-lack of decent gun control leading to random public shootings
-economy
-millions of americans who have entered poverty

i don't think even solving world hunger would admonish the fact that the above listed are a result of poor governmental structuring and behaviors

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
People seem to forget how the Economy was on the rise the last time a Democrat was in office. In fact, throughout the last 30 years the only time there was a gain on the National Debt was when a Democrat was in office.

National debt by U.S. presidential terms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This doesn't give Hillary or Obama an edge on this by any means. But considering that the major issue regarding the Economy revolves around the war and McCain supports the idea of lettng it go on indefinitely, it's almost safe to say that with McCain in office we'll see even more losses in lives, a further decline in the value of a Dollar and an increase in the National Debt.

D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

Experimental Member
Media
Exactly VinylBoy- I just couldn't put it into words.
People seem to forget how the Economy was on the rise the last time a Democrat was in office. In fact, throughout the last 30 years the only time there was a gain on the National Debt was when a Democrat was in office.

National debt by U.S. presidential terms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This doesn't give Hillary or Obama an edge on this by any means. But considering that the major issue regarding the Economy revolves around the war and McCain supports the idea of lettng it go on indefinitely, it's almost safe to say that with McCain in office we'll see even more losses in lives, a further decline in the value of a Dollar and an increase in the National Debt.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Really? The war has increased the hatred for america worldwide...not helped it lol...its called blowback...we invade their land....we take their resources, we run their country, we tell them what to do and to be happy about it...and they hate us, so they resort to the only means they can.....killing us......the money spent on the war is NOT a necessity, its a burden and a HUGE economic burden at that...we dont even have the money to pay for this war...we are just racking up debt and ruining our economy o_O

LOL and get nuked? fat chance the middle east even has that capability let alone our country not having the ability to easily intercept...

HA. so ignorant, bro. intercept a nuke? you're right, we could intercept a nuclear attack, provided we knew it was coming. not to mention the mass amount of fallout that would ensue in not only our nation, but canada, mexico, and possibly the U.K. nothing good will come from pulling out of Iraq. the country will be in chaos, and when extremists covertly infiltrate the government, it will only be a matter of time before the innevitable.

as far as us taking Iraq's resources, which resources are you talking about? certainly not oil, i hope. we're running Iraq? since when? no nukes in the middle east? what about Isreal? Pakistan perhaps? Iran is on their way...do a little research next time you want to argue.

Romans thought they'd be around forever too...

hottxboi16

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I'm still glad everyone throws 9/11 around as an excuse or means to do whatever they want, whenever they want "for the saftey of the people" *yawn* hasn't that tired excuse been used enough by Bush and giuliani?

Torture practices are unneccesary, things like that only cause extremists to become more irate and irrationale. We had previous intelligence that Pearl Harbor was going to happen, but it was not prevented. There are always reasons why things are allowed to happen, *probably 9/11 as well*

When something is declared a federal disaster...it becomes a federal issue.... ;) so federal failure

Right now we are at over 4k soldiers dead.... "The Iraq Body Count (IBC) figure of 80,419 to 87,834 civilian deaths reported in English-language media (including Arabic media translated into English) up to 10 January 2008 includes civilian deaths due to coalition and insurgent military action, sectarian violence and increased criminal violence. The Iraq Body Count (IBC) figure of 80,419 to 87,834 civilian deaths reported in English-language media (including Arabic media translated into English) up to 10 January 2008 includes civilian deaths due to coalition and insurgent military action, sectarian violence and increased criminal violence. "

plus tens of thousands of their people..that sounds justified....and dont turn around and say they are all extremists wanting to kill us..thats just plain ignorance x.x

Just because Bush's approval rating is higher than congress doesn't make it acceptable! Thats like saying "Well 10% of people from high school a are literate, and 15% from school b are literate...so school b is better and we should solely focus on school a....no they are both horrible and need to be dealt with

And yes you are right, the President doesn't control the economy, but he has a great influence, and when you are corrupt and use that influence in a manner that is detrimental you are equally responsible...

I guess you think we should execute them instead of prisoners of war (in rather decent living conditions I might add)? Or should we wait until after they do something like 9/11?

Officially endorsed torture practices or accidents by people who get out of hand? You can play the good/bad game all day, but I like to play out a hypothetical situation with people:

You are the President. While flying in Air Force One, the Director of the FBI calls to inform you a nuclear weapon is armed and about to detonate in New York. Detonation could happen at any minute and millions of lives hang in the balance. The Bureau has captured one of the terrorist responsible for smuggling the bomb in but he isn't telling where it is. The Director feels extreme torture might be the only way of getting the information in a short amount of time.

What do you do, Mr. President?

Of course, everyone knows you have to torture the terrorist. Most people dodge and talk about how they would avoid said situation but the answer is obvious. Is torture of any degree brutal and uncivilized? Of course. But when the next terrorist attack in America happens (and it will), will you go to the families of those who lost loved ones and explain how our enlightened policy towards torture makes us better as a nation despite that it could have saved those who are gone forever? Do you think they will agree it was worth it to lose them least we pour water on someone's face?

More a failure of the city government than the federal. I bet the Bush Administration caused the tsunami too....

Again, amused you think this is new.

War is hell, eh? I guess we could pull out of the middle east and just say "hey guys, lets just be friends", but what do you think would happen? More senseless loss of life is my guess...but on this side of the pond instead.

Check out that approval rating for congress. Makes Bush look like the life of the party.

If we made guns illegal do you really think shootings would stop? No? What would happen then?

I remember my first economics course where the professor walked out in front of us with a bemused look in his eye. He asked the class which individual did we think had the biggest impact on the economy. The class, being young and ignorant as we were (and are) shouted back "the President!". His eyes sparkled and he replied that we weren't even close.

Millions eh? Source? Link? A credible one? Define poverty?