1. D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

2. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

I watched that. Thanx. It really made wonder how they did that.

3. crescendo69

Gold Member

4. monstro

monstro New Member

That's great! It's impossible to know exactly how this was done because the cut-aways to Piers, Sharon, and the Hoff prevent us from seeing all the action. I can say, however, that I believe the basics of the illusion is based on "Pepper's Ghost," a classic effect used to create various sideshow illusions--a living head on a table etc, and which basically consists of a mirror below the table, hiding the mechanics of the illusion.

Chapter 14 - Mirror Trick, Magic Optical Illusion

Then the rest is just classic misdirection, suggestion and showmanship, and believe me, you don't want to know, it'd ruin the effect--relish the wonder of the act. Just note that you only see the midget at the beginning of the act! Where does he go?

Criss Angel does a similar trick, using similar methodology, except his version is terrifying!

Criss Angel And Half A Woman

5. lucky8

Gold Member

im guessing the guy really had no legs to begin with, only a torso. i saw chris angel do a similar trick with this lady i saw on the murray show a few years ago who only had a torso

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice