What about the most frightening movies you've ever seen?

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm sure we have done this before...

but doesn't come much scarier for me than the Exorcist...

i haven't seen too many horror movies precisely because they will either give me nightmares or just make for unpleasant viewing.

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I read a magazine article that spoiled my viewing of "The Exorcist", so I only jumped when the audience screamed.

When a kid, I had to shut my eyes during parts of "The Birds".
There was some movie about a sadistic dentist that got me cringing.
"The Children of the Damned" and its sequel got me scared - of kids.
But these days, I kind of laugh due to jadedness.

ballsaplenty2156

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The scariest movie I have ever seen with out a doubt would be the original version of "Black Christmas", starring Olivia Hussey, John Saxon and Margo Kidder, It's an older movie dating back to maybe 1980 or so. They did it a real disservice by remaking it a year or two ago.
It is so freakin' suspenseful, you are squirming in your seat 1/4 of the way thru the film.
At one point, I screamed like a little girl and threw my soda into the air. It isn't even that bloody a film, very little blood actually, but it creeps into your mind and cold tendrils wrap around your heart and lungs.
Nothing I have seen before or after can compare to that movie. I own it on dvd and have never been able to watch it after that first time. I've lent the movie to several friends to watch, and all of them returned it telling me they were scared shitless watching it.
It has consistently been on the top ten horror list since it came out.
The original, "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" was also deeply disturbing for me.
"Joyride" with Paul Walker and Steve Zahn is way up there on my list of movies that really shook me.
Aliens needs a mention on that list, too.

Mr. Bungle

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The one movie that really freaked me out because it REALLY wasn't what I was expecting was the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre (I'm gonna go with you on this one, Apollo312...) far more psychologically disturbing than I was anticipating... a lot had to do with the rough, grainy cinematography and the chilling background noises... I still enjoy the movie to this day, and still get my fix on every now and then... the time I enjoy watching it the most is in the wee hours of the morning during the summertime, when it's still blazing hot out - with nothing but a nice, cold, tall beverage and a bag of popcorn. Turn out the lights, and I'm in my element.. :biggrin1:

bbwjen

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The Messengers kinda freaked me out . . . and whats that damn tooth fairy movie?? I can't remember the name of it, but when It first came out I had a collection of porcelain masks that I had either painted or purchased and they all went to goodwill lol

Mr. Bungle

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Also, some of the scenes in Sixth Sense really freaked me out too. I saw it in the theater during the summer of 1999 when it came out, and I've never been in a movie where EVERYONE was freaking out as much as they did. Specifically, the scene where the woman in the pink bathrobe walked behind Cole as he was going to the bathroom and the girl who appeared to him in his little home-made fort. The sound effects (kudos to James Newton Howard) were unlike anything I've ever heard. I actually saw quite a few people covering their ears during the scary scenes too, which I've heard was also a similar reaction during the screenings of Halloween back in 1978.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I saw the shower scene of Psycho when I was 5 yrs old. Nothing has topped that since. The music still gives me the shivers.

I read the Exorcist book, which was fantastic. By the time I finally saw the movie, it was "Oh well..."

justmeincal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Although it is not a horror movie, JAWS just about scared the crap out of me. You get all tensed up waiting for the shark to strike. Then he wouldn't and you would start to relax, then BAM he struck. Just a brilliant movie in my opinion.

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
The scariest movie I have ever seen with out a doubt would be the original version of "Black Christmas", starring Olivia Hussey, John Saxon and Margo Kidder, It's an older movie dating back to maybe 1980 or so. They did it a real disservice by remaking it a year or two ago.
It is so freakin' suspenseful, you are squirming in your seat 1/4 of the way thru the film.
At one point, I screamed like a little girl and threw my soda into the air. It isn't even that bloody a film, very little blood actually, but it creeps into your mind and cold tendrils wrap around your heart and lungs.
Nothing I have seen before or after can compare to that movie. I own it on dvd and have never been able to watch it after that first time. I've lent the movie to several friends to watch, and all of them returned it telling me they were scared shitless watching it.
It has consistently been on the top ten horror list since it came out.
The original, "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" was also deeply disturbing for me.
"Joyride" with Paul Walker and Steve Zahn is way up there on my list of movies that really shook me.
Aliens needs a mention on that list, too.

Wow,me too, i watched this film late one night and i was staying away from home , i absolutely crapped myself, especially the bit where the phone keeps ringing and the voice screams " the call is from in the house ":eek: , then the eyeball watching through the door jar, Jesus, the hairs on my neck are even stood up now thinking about it, no way could i watch it again, no way.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The scariest film for me is possibly Wolf Creek - I watched it in the movies and it really freaked me out. I have sinced watched it on DVD and it didn't quite achieve the same level of scares.

Another super freaky movie has to be The Shining.