What about yourself are you secure or insecure about?

LemacST

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For the most part, I am secure about my looks, my body, my knowledge and intellect (basically, I feel pretty confident talking to someone one-on-one on just about anything, even if I'm not too familiar with the subject). I'm also pretty confident for the most part in starting conversations with strangers I'm attracted to, as long as I'm a setting that isn't specifically designed for picking people up (I'll explain this in a bit).

Something I don't feel so confident about is how I handle myself when all eyes are on me. For example, not to brag at all, I am very, very good at guitar. I've wowed a lot of people who would otherwise be snobby guitar pricks. This is all great until I'm asked to play infront of a crowd (even a small one), I kind of lock up and fumble a bit and if you're a musician you know that when you feel awkward like this, you can't really perform well. Also, for some reason, I get extremely anxious when having to break the ice with a girl when it's extremely obvious. The tension overwhelms me and I'm not sure why. I've gotten better at this, though. The thing that I'm most insecure about myself, although it's decreased greatly, especially since I joined this site, is my penis size. When I look down, I just see a small penis. I think this has to do with the fact that I'm kinda tall and my penis is pretty average. I'll take a picture of it though and it doesn't seem very small to me. I'm not sure to believe the pictures I take or whatever else.

Now you guys go.

huw ginnit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am a gregarious person, and love to talk and chat with others in a wider social scenario, I can hold forth in conversations and lead/direct situations with ease, being able to draw others into the fore; however in smaller groups, dinner parties, parties even around close family, etc I am useless. I want to be myself on these occasions and not "on form" but the conversation dries up, I get tongue tied and act really shy. This is something I am aware of.

I handle compliments really badly too and would love to learn to accept them graciously, but again ball up into this red-faced moron stuttering thanks...not good.

WildHoney

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am secure in my abilty to handle myself well in any social situation. I feel comfortable in just about any social circles and have no difficultly relating and talking to others. I am fairly secure person overall ( I am 37 after all!!) however I can be insecure about being misunderstood or misrepresented as an individual and as a woman.

xx
Honey

YourAvgGuy

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Good thread...

I am secure in my abilities (intellectual, music, debate, etc.) as well as interaction amongst various social and academic circles. I have traveled the US and have given numerous lectures to Universities/Colleges, businesses, schools, counseling agencies, etc. on my research topic (s) and interest. I have also given testimony before the NC legislature about trends in academia, specifically dealing with American Indians and the implications for the state to move forward. Socially, I am highly involved in numerous civic and service groups; the ability to communicate and effectively engage in interaction within these groups and constiuencies is crucial.

My weakness, however, stem from more physical aspects. I am not as comfortable with who I am physically as I should be. I feel that people "stare" at me (maybe it is in my head?) and make judgements - either I am too young to know what I am talking about or my credentials for discussing topics are not as strong as a seasoned academician. Another thing is my weight... although I know I am not obese, I am still not comfortable with my body. Things are there that maybe shouldn't be - I have posted on a thread about this, but recently because I have been noticing it and noticed others who notice "them," I've become more insecure. Plus, I am too curvy - smaller waist, big ass and of course, those things up top! I get lots of looks - from both women and men (and yes, I am questioning, what is it that they are thinking - because you can tell in their face and eyes they are "thinking" something).

WildHoney

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Speedoguy - I do! I always notice them.

Average guy - Maybe they are staring at your good looks, if that is you in the avatar, I'd check you out too!

xx
Honey

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm insecure about my body, specifically my man-boobs. I talked about it in another thread, but I got them from prolonged steroid usage from asthma medications. If I didn't have them, I'd feel alot better about myself.

Other than that, I can't complain. I like me for the most part.

YourAvgGuy

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response

Average guy - Maybe they are staring at your good looks, if that is you in the avatar, I'd check you out too!

xx
Honey

Honey, you are very gracious. Thank you! Oh, and yes, the avatar is me...

Speaking of... yours is breath-taking! You are gorgeous!!! :cool:

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I rarely know if anyone ever reads my posts.

I read them all the time. I love your pictures, you are amazingly active, you are from the NW like me, and your posts are always so nice and well written. :smile:

As I've mentioned before....yawn.....I am insecure about my butt. I also worry about hurting someone's feelings, even if someone has hurt mine. I dislike angry conflict, and will generally walk away from one if I can. Sometimes I will take the blame for a situation just so it is done, which drives my friends crazy.

D_Joseba_Guntertwat

Experimental Member
Media
I am secure in most aspects of my life, except for my weight. I continue to work with a personal trainer, so hopefully I will be satisfied at some point.

Well I think you have a beautiful body ;)

Personally, I'm totally secure about my body from the waist down - I know I have a good ass and cock. Not 100% happy with the rest but I'm working on it.

DreamofJeannie

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well I think you have a beautiful body ;)

Personally, I'm totally secure about my body from the waist down - I know I have a good ass and cock. Not 100% happy with the rest but I'm working on it.

Shall we run away together...............:flirt:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I am secure in my knowledge and wisdom to know that I am not able to know everything or understand the nature of all things. I am always insecure about people. People CAN be REALLY BAD judges of character. (That bit of wisdom would've REALLY served me well in high school and during my college years.)

arliss

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I am insecure here on LPSG because I am not sure if the people on this site like me..and it bothers me at times beacuse I have such a low self esteem..I am in need of their love and support..I am at a critical point in my life where criticism drives to me severe bouts of depression and I am afraid to leave the house. I need my LPSG family more than I will ever admit...

xx
Honey

Ditto and ditto!

I read speedo's posts even if I don't always reply.

You are good-looking Avg. Trust me. I have exquisite taste.