What advice would you give a male friend about getting married?

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thats a tricky one since i`m in a pickle right now myself, i think it`s said best though in the movie Forest Gump, life is like a box of chocklets, you never know what your gonna get. The real deal though is not being afraid to live and take chances, without takeing chances in life we`d all live in our own little caves. I`d take a chance on love any day rather than live in a cave.

lafever

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yea i know, taking risks takes courage, sometimes they are mistakes, the funny thing is that somehow any given situation ends up excatly the way it was supposed too, i`ll probly never know why though, gessing would just be speculation.

lafever

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think one of the most important things in life is to be able to laugh your way through it...make the journey enjoyable, even when you are going through something that builds character. For me personally, a spouse with the same sense of humor is a neccessity in a great relationship. I also look for kindness, not to be confused with being "nice". Anyone can be "nice", true kindness comes from the heart and it is at the core of a person. Strength and belief in one's self is extremely important to me as well.

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
1, Someone who is willing to compromise

2, Someone does'nt expect you to change

3, Someone who lets you persue your own interests (to a degree) even if they dont have the same interests

4, Someone who is positive

5, Someone who encourages you

Lean to adapt to a parnter but never comprmoise your own values and being, as you only grow to resent what you have become and possibly hold them accountable for it

OMG.. i sound like a fortune cookie quotation:eek:

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
Process of choosing a mate:

Start out slow...seek to build a (strong) trusting friendship first and THEN allow the relationship part to begin. This process will take time. Be patient.

Watch for signs of compatibility ....common interests, likes, dislikes, similar philosophies, etc.

Be willing to accept differences too, if there is sufficient compatiblity over all. (There is "no PERFECT mate".)

Decide to focus on the other person's needs FIRST. Be committed to learning about those needs and make a determined effort to learn how to meet those needs...physically and emotionally. And, yes, that would include sex. A big mistake men grow up believing is that sex is all about them. Wrong. Men need to learn how to please the woman....first and foremost. HIS pleasure should be secondary.

And, if things go really, really well in the above process, the man's choice for a mate ..........will be concentrating on how to please him! :wink:

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Well said benderten 2001!
As one who was married last Saturday *thank you,very much!* I must say this advice is, invaluable in choosing someone,who, you'd want to make a lifetime or, a few months commitment! Lee also has some very salient points as well.
Kudos to the both of you!
I do think however,that this is sound advice for everyone,not just men.
I only wish everyone was as well informed as you are benderten and Lee!
cigarbabe:saevilw: