what are cock rings?

theos_bored: could any1 please tell me what cockrings are, and what men wear them for? also how can u get one/make one?

longtimelurker: A cockring is exactly as it sounds - a ring that goes around your cock (although some are designed to go around the testicles as well as the shaft).

Some just wear them for appearance, as it makes them 'stick out' that bit further, however their main use is to restrict the bloodflow from the penis back into the body when erect. The result of this is (theoretically) a harder and longer-lasting erection.

You should be able to get them in any sex shop or similar, although some people have improvised with curtain rings and the like (see elsewhere on the board). If you do make one for yourself remember that even though it may go on easily flaccid, you may well want to remove it when erect, so make sure it's not TOO tight!

dable_wi: I have a cock ring that this guy left at my house. He comes over once in a while to 'have his way with me" and he was on his way to work, so he didn't want to take the ring with him when he left. It is a metal ring, stainless steel, I think. He had it around both his dick and his scrotum, but when I tried to get it around mine, it was really tough. Also, since the ring keeps your dick hard, it was even more difficult to get it off. If I was ever to buy one, I would get a metal one like that, albeit larger. The feel and weight are very comfortable. And, when it is on, my dick swings a lot under my clothing.

;)

I think cock rings look really good on in-shape, well-endowed men and look horrible on smaller, chubbier men.

longtimelurker: I've never used one myself, but I'd have to think VERY hard before putting a metal one around your penis. There is every chance that you'll underestimate your erect girth (esp. if you have to include your tesicles as well) and then you're in all kinds of shit if you can't remove it!

At least go for leather, or something that can be removed without a visit to A&E!!!

prepstudinsc: I tried one of the adjustable leather ones before--was pretty tight, but not uncomfortable. The thing held in lots of blood, because I had veins popping out that I didn't know I had. It also made me grow to even larger than normal proportions--I was a little over 11x7. It freaked me out at how veiny I got and I was afraid to jack too hard because I didn't want to rupture some of the blood vessels and end up with a big swollen, bruised dick. I still have the cock ring, but it's shoved in a drawer somewhere, and I don't plan to use it any time soon. The metal rings scare me because I'd be afraid it would get stuck on and I wouldn't be able to get it off and I'd have to go to the hospital with a self imposed priaprism.