What are some GOOD dating sites?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Iokua, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Iokua

Iokua New Member

I hate ONLY meeting gay people at the CLUB... somewhere I'd NEVER date a person from. So... what are some genuine good dating sites that are free?

2. voyeuristic

voyeuristic New Member

Albums:
    I met my boyfriend on OK Cupid. The wheat-to-the-chaff ratio is pretty intense, but if you don't mind weeding through hundreds of HNGs there are a few gems out there.

It caters to folks of all sexualities. Be sure you answer a few hundred of the "questions", because that's generally how people will end up finding your profile - through "match percentage". Bogus, but that's how the site works.

(Anyone else on OKC? I'm curious to see your profiles.)

3. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    General interest sites will always have a broad range of members, most of whom will not be to any one person's liking. Sites catering to specific subsets of the population (bears, daddies, HIV+, etc) are much smaller but the ratio of wheat to chaff will probably be more in your favor. A google search by subset should point you to the right places.

Good luck.

4. invisibleman

Gold Member

Well, you could meet some guy on the internet. Decide to meet and find out you aren't interested...or you can go where the gay guys are at...at a club or at support groups.

You technically can meet them anywhere if your gaydar works like a charm and you have good chemistry with a guy.

I think meeting a lot of men in person is a lot better than waiting on some internet site...and meeting a guy that seems interesting; then, after meeting them they aren't so interesting after all.

#4 invisibleman, Sep 19, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  5. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I met my husband in a "Club"............this November it will be 32 years together.

6. whatireallywant

Gold Member

I'm on OK Cupid and also Plenty of Fish, but I rarely check back there. I did meet someone from Plenty of Fish and dated for a while, but we lost touch with each other. I do still have his phone number if I wanted to get back together, but I think the problem was that he was a little too much like the other guys I'd dated before! (very sedentary and with chronic health problems - and yes, I know the chronic health problems can't be helped, but they interfere with the sex life and I can't deal with that anymore since I've had so little sex in my life and have a very high sex drive!) I'm looking for someone who is active, healthy, and agrees with my views. (very hard to find, that!)

7. Iokua

Iokua New Member

My gaydar works like a charm... but even if it goes off, I live by the motto "Assume he is straight until he says otherwise" So i'd never make a move.

8. BrownboyNY

BrownboyNY Member

Adam4adam.com is pretty good
    and lifeout.com

9. B_am12388

B_am12388 New Member

32 years ?! Monogamous ? If so, then wow! Good for you. :smile:

10. YoungHungMachine

www.plentyoffish.com is free, and most people on their are serious that I've found, met a few good ladies from there.

11. mattsrod7

Gold Member

Albums:
    whats wheat to chaff ratio?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice