What are some of the silliest reasons you've heard why men are gay?

51arledge

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When I finally came out to my fundamentalist parents (at the ripe old age of 36!), my Mom sent me a letter on which she said 'I'm sure it's because you were so interested in the music of Johann Sébastien Bach'.
It's true that she had been grooming me since early childhood to become a church musician (and I was for a few years) and it's also true that virtually every man I've known who was a church musician has been gay...but I replied, "Mom, Bach had 23 children! He wasn't gay!"
Then she said, 'I knew I shouldn't have let you go off to college!" I was the first child in my extended family to go to college.
She eventually got over herself and grew to love my husband. My dad also got there.

GayBootyLover69

Worshipped Member
Media
When dad left the family few years back, mom confided in her friend and told her a lot about what is going on in our family.

This woman's exact response are:
"Your ex husband's dad had two wives, your eldest(my brother) fainted the other day (missed eating times) and now your second(me) is gay. It must be a CURSE!!!"

This same woman is currently on an indefinite self imposed house arrest because she is also an anti-vaxxer.
honestly its good that she's staying cooped up in her house as an anti-vaxxer

god knows how many diseases she has, she can't spread them around if she's staying home lol

jafar

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I was told it was a demon and had an “exorcism” done. When that didn’t work (I know, I thought for sure it would) we tried an honest to god therapist. A licensed psychologist recommended by my church pastor who would help me find my “gay root”. Went to him for a year of endorsed self-harm. And I was in meetings with an ex-gay guy who was married to a lesbian and a complete flaming gay blade. from there I learned it was “generational iniquity“ — one of my ancestors sinned and opened the door for the devil to get me. Interestingly, this prompted my father to tell me about some frotting he and a male cousin did when they were young. He must’ve liked it bc he seemed to believe that was where the devil made his middle child gay (but no one else). Whew, being gay is so complicated to some people it’s no wonder it doesn’t make sense to them.
If your father has done that, probably he also carried the gay gene(s) and passed them on to you?

jafar

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i've heard a lot. Too much coddling from mom combined with not enough affection from dad was early assumption of psychology. Another psychologist from around that time believed it was rooted in "extreme procreation phobia"

The one I hate the most is when I hear that gay men are just men who hate women, that it's rooted in misogyny. Another along the same lines I've heard is that they choose to be gay because "they're too weak to handle women"

there's the more scientific hypothesis that most gay men aren't the first born, they're usually a later child, and its because the woman has a "weaker womb" from having been bore children in the past that the later offspring are more likely to be gay.

One big eye-roller I heard was a Serbian guy who told me I was gay because I was a woman in my previous life.

I do think @enbious wins for most ridiculous reason though.
I thought that Serbians were very big on Orthodox Christianity, like the Greeks and Russians? Believing in past lives and reincarnation is an absolute no-no for Christians. All three groups are very homophobic according to my own experience.

trav.

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A relative of mine once asked if I am gay because I didn’t grow up with a father. She also said that she knew I was gay when her older sister hit me with a volleyball (or basketball) and I cried. Apparently an eight year old boy who cries after being hit in the face with a ball by someone twice his age is gay. Who knew?

LPSG Simon

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Media
A nutritional deficiency in women right before they get pregnant makes sense. I found this video on another forum.

This guy is a veterinarian..... :/

According to Google he's also promoting alt-health remedies like selenium therapy where you drink suspended silver ions (yes like silverware) to cure diseases. He seems like a hack, and the use if the phrase "a transgender" is coarse and offensive, TBH.

D

deleted1074483

This guy is a veterinarian..... :/

According to Google he's also promoting alt-health remedies like selenium therapy where you drink suspended silver ions (yes like silverware) to cure diseases. He seems like a hack, and the use if the phrase "a transgender" is coarse and offensive, TBH.
and surely if this was true gay/bi/lesbian/transgender would outnumber the rest of the population given how much of the world lives in poverty and therefore the females are mal- or under-nourished before pregnancy????

Reactions: LPSG Simon
D

deleted3995701

Tl;Dr I was gay because of evil

(I'll try to avoid triggers)

I remember this happened during an exceedingly difficult time and I was a very touchy/huggy/kissy person searching for affection. When I gave him a kiss on his cheek she lost his brains on me and screamed "Men don't do that! What are " (there was a verbal and physical altercation).

He decided that I had an evil in me and I needed Jesus. My parents took me to a weird bush commune and I went through a hokey bullshit exorcism from Christian biker hippies near Coombes or Comox, B.C. I don't really remember which one it was, I think it started with C.

I'm not going to go into details. It was brutal. Best described as a one session extreme conversion camp run by born again Christian bikers.

• Wow
Reactions: Cum_is_Great

MisterB

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
"You haven't met the right woman yet. Give it time".

Um, no. Just no.

I love women. My two besties in the world are women. I love them. I would do just about anything for these two women. Other than sleep with them because I don't have any desire to be physical with them, or any woman.

One other thing that I think it tangential to this thread: Being asked if I ever regretted being gay.

Nope. Can't regret what I don't know. Or have ever felt. Nope.

Oh, and one more question I got more than once: When did you know you were gay?

And my answer was always to ask them: When did you know you were straight?

Amazing how a few light bulbs went off. And that usually led to good conversations and a few of them "getting it".

bigboaster

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
One other thing that I think it tangential to this thread: Being asked if I ever regretted being gay.
Can't exactly relate to the women thing with you Mr B lol but relating to this specific part, I did at one point regret being attracted to men, but that's long past now. But growing up in a very conservative religious Caribbean environment, that was just my experience with internalised homophobia