What are suicidal thoughts?

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dangerous to whom, dolphette? What preconceptions about one's right to die do you labor under?
people have a right to die.
but a person calling that number would likely be in two minds.
could just be in a slump.
might be reconsidering and need reassurance.

just because i think people have a right to die, doesn't mean i think it's always right for people to die.

...what preconceptions of people's certainty do you labour under?

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Once I called a helpline and said I was suicidal, and the friggin' professional said umm, could you call back in ten minutes? we're on shift change. I was so mad I didn't of course. And I lodged a complaint. But it certainly took my mind off dying to be outraged.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Once I called a helpline and said I was suicidal, and the friggin' professional said umm, could you call back in ten minutes? we're on shift change. I was so mad I didn't of course. And I lodged a complaint. But it certainly took my mind off dying to be outraged.
that's funny in a really horrid way.

matticus201

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think suicidal thoughts are thoughts about committing suicide, for whatever reason. It seems that they tend to feed off of one another, snowballing. I also think that people who call helplines are very much in two minds, like Dolfette said. I don't have very much experience with anyone who has actually committed the act, no one close to me, but I do have friends who have experienced it. Those people sure didn't call anyone and want to talk about it, they just did it. I think those that do call for help may be very close to the act, but somewhere, deep down, they want to live. They just need someone with enough compassion to throw out a line of hope. A complaint should definately be lodged against this hotline galaxus is talking about. They are completely defeating the purpose of having a line you can call for help.