What are the best things about being single?

RamIt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What are the best things about being single?

This thread is not to list off the cons of being alone, nor is it bashing on couples in general; it's a celebration of individual happiness :biggrin1:

I absolutely hate it when people say they hate the single life and wish they had a boyfriend or girlfriend. It drives me nuts! I personally think an individual can be happy being by themselves and instead of attached. Of course there can be negatives to being by yourself. However, I truly believe there are more positive things to look forward to.

I want to know what other unattached individuals on LPSG, like myself, think are the best things about being single? Share your thoughts, ideas, and anything else you'd like to add in.

Here's my long list:

1. I can have sex with however many people I want and I don't have to remain faithful to anybody.

2. Clothes and shoes can lay on the floor for days before I decide to throw it in the laundry basket. Plus I have ALL the closet space to myself to store my purses and shoes!

3. Going out all night, getting hammered with friends, and coming home at the wee hours of the early morning is perfectly fine.

4. Not having to share a bed with someone who snores, kicks, breathes heavily, steals the blankets/sheets, etc. This was especially great since I was drunk last night.

5. I never have to call anyone just to say hi, check in ten times a day, or argue over "Why didn't you call me?" I also don't have to remember important dates, like birthdays and anniversaries.

6. I get to spend as much time as I want with my friends and my family.

7. I LOVE being able to sleep in, wake up whenever I want, and take my time getting ready without someone to nag and complain about it.

8. Shaving my legs, underarms, and grooming my pussy is not a requirement, but rather optional.

9. Uncontrollable smelly farts and stinking up the bathroom, need I say more?

10. I can watch my soap operas in peace. So what if Lucky is dating Sam, it's only his half-brother's first cousin on his dad's side!

11. I have a huge Hello Kitty collection and nobody can make fun of me for it!

12. My money is spent the way I want. I don't have to take care of anyone else and I can spoil myself without feeling guilty.

13. I still have sleepovers/pajama parties with my girlfriends. We'll gossip about our crushes, rent chick flicks, bake cookies, and talk about hair and make up.

14. I have a million different hair products, a ton of lotions, cleansers, creams, toners, nail polishes, tampons, make up, and other female essentials. Nobody can bitch at me for taking up all the bathroom space!

15. After my last relationship ended, I finally realized I didn't need to be with someone to make me happy. Even if I'm alone and single, I can still be happy by myself and that's the only thing that matters.

Thats a pretty good list, and I agree with all the non-chick reasons. I like to put emphasis on #1. Meeting and dating women is a lot of fun.

Id also like to add:

Golfing and riding whenever I want

Watching nothing but sports on my tv if i see fit.

Not being forced into "play dates" with a girlfriend's friend's boyfriends.

Not having to listen to crappy music in the car.

Being able to eat whatever I want, whenever I want.

Not listening to someone else's drama, and having to act like I care.

BASEBALL!!!!!

No nagging, no chores, no "honey do" list.

No pressure for commitment.

No mind games, or jealousy invoking manipulation.

No one elses insecurities to deal with, or cater to.

No one elses random mood swings ruining my day.

Not having to talk on the phone ten times a day about nothing.

Not having to hear "im cold" ten times a day.

Not having to go a week without sex, once a month.

And there is more, so much more, but those, along with Stacy's list are my big points for staying single.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
Not having to listen to crappy music in the car.
omg! great one to add on. fighting over which radio station to listen to is so annoying.

No mind games, or jealousy invoking manipulation.
i couldn't have said it better. mind games, jealousy, and manipulation are the last things i need to be bothered with.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
At the end of a long day I can order in a pizza with as many toppings as I want and eat it on my bed in the nude with a glass or Beringer's White Zinfandel.

I don't cheat on myself.
:werd: I would never cheat on you ScaredLittleBoy.

I miss not having to hide my boner whenever Rachael Ray peels a banana or washes a cucumber on the tv.
ROTFLMAO :rofl: I bet you dream of all sorts of naughty things to do with her involving EVOO.

Proud7

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For me it's having the ability to make choices that impact only me,and not having to worry about how they impact someone else.

Lito

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Oh, the joys of loneliness... and joys they are:
- Doing whatever you want, whenever you want, wherever you want,

- Ability to agree to random invitations: "Oh, wait, we're going for a weekend in the woods (or whatever), wanna come?"

- I can sleep all day and stay awake all night long. The house is mine, no one to care.

- Invite friends without problems.

- Just reading a book when I don't feel like socializing.

List should go on...

D

deleted136887

You said it all. The best part about being single is being single.
Most of us(ME!!!) are in comfort zone relationships, we fight, argue, etc but it's too much hassle to get the f*** outa there. Like Dido(OMG, i've lown it now) says.... sand in my shoes.

Brendnj

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I can't stand people who openly admit to 'looking for a relationship' or are so desperate that they give themselves to the first person who gives them 2 seconds of attention. IMO, they're in love with the idea of being in love, not the person that they think they have feelings for. Searching for love only sets you up to settle for something.

You have to be happy with yourself first, and part of that is being content being yourself. Your single self.

I came from a somewhat overbearing family, so I enjoy the freedom to make my own decisions, choices and mistakes. I like the independence of having my successes and failure rest solely on myself.

Media
Best thing about being single for me is when the weekend comes i don't have to worry about my boyfriend wanting to hang out somewhere or go away somewhere when i'm exhausted after having such a long week. I could just be alone and ignore the world for the weekend. If i had a boyfriend, he might take that too personal.

hot-rod

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Being single I don't have to consult with anyone about my actions.
I get to whole bed and all the covers.
I eat when I want to.
My household can be still and calm (well as calm as it ca be with a half grown bengal running amok)
I get all the wardrobe space.
I can stroll and lounge around the house naked.
and nobody to nag you, and no screamin' rug rats either. :beerchug2:

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Single perqs?

You can have the nastiest, raunchiest, horniest screensaver on your computer and not worry at all when it comes up...

No chick flicks... (or, conversely, all chick flicks all the time)

Leaving the bed unmade.

Being thin, partly because someone else isn't always wanting to eat...or filling the fridge... and partly because you are too lazy to cook food that is filling.

Never having to split your house, your income, and every other thing you spent money on with someone else.

Pinups right on the fridge

As a guy, you get more than a single drawer in which to keep your stuff
As a girl, you finally get that last remaining drawer.

Gosh... all the joys of being single sound so .... dull.

camchain

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
no stress, no nagging, no inlaws, no kids, no-not to night, no i was watching that, no being skint, no woman no cry.
and yes, i am single, and love it.