What are the biggest problems in America right now

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Dr. Dilznick, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

my platform:

1. Education / educational system.
    2. The Jewish lobby. Sacrificing national security in order to secure Israel.
    3. Government overspending / wasteful spending / inefficient use of public funds / fiscal irresponsibility at the federal level.
    4. Evangelical Christianity. Growing influence of religion on personal freedoms and liberties. Growing attempts to establish theocracy via false Creationist viewpoints in schools.
    5. Healthcare.
    6. Declining role of U.S. as leader in higher education, especially as it pertains to science and technology.
    7. Illegal immigration / border control (which is really just a facet of national security).
    8. Foreign oil / energy waste nationwide.
    9. Affirmative action.

big gap:

10. Racism / homophobia.

2. Dominik20

Dominik20 Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Biggest problem in your Country is Bush I would think.

3. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

Sigh. I guarantee if that Yellowstone super-volcano went off or the big one hit Cali something about it would have to be Bush's fault (no pun).

4. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

Forgot. Add political correctness somewhere on my list.

5. D_Barbi_Queue

D_Barbi_Queue Account Disabled

I agree with several of yours and would also add Divided Nation.

6. Dominik20

Albums:
    we are waiting for Hillary...

7. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Heres my top 10.

#1 Problem - Bush
    #2 Bush's Administration
    #3 Foreigners (Primarily from the Middle east, China/Asia, and Mexico)
    #4 Illegal Aliens
    #5 Foreign Imports
    #6 Union Labor workers
    #7 No Population Control
    #8 Decreasing Farmland
    #9 Corporate Corruption
    #10 Disposable Society

8. Dominik20

Albums:
    foreigners? Aren't you all from foreign countries in the states?Or do you mean illegals?

9. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    When I say Foreigners, cutie... I mean Immigrants that come here, and live off the system.

For example, a foreign person can come here, get free education, free advances, etc etc, the world handed to them, and the people that were born here, can't get squat.
    I haven't been able to get any student aid because I wasn't the right Mix.
    So, I have to work twice as hard, while foreigners get the advantage.
    Why wouldn't I be snided?
    However - If the person works hard, and truly wants to start a new life, and put forth an honest effort to SUPPORT the country he/she lives in, thats totally different.
    Most of the time they dont.

C

[post=350071]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

10. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Years Ago.... America was a mixing pot that set the stage for who we were 30 years ago. You had Germans, Polish, Spanish, French..etc etc.
    The blend of makeups made for a very diverse and interesting country.

Now..its just a chaotic mess. Were all a bunch of Mutts, if you think about it.

Im German, French-Canadian and Polish.
    (Im supposedly also closely related to Queen Elizabeth the III)

There are so many people now, that things just got....dirty.
    Diseases, corruption, terrorism..etc.
    I just think we need to clean house.
    I'm not one for building toothpick houses in these large subdivisions to make a buck.
    Im more for taking 40 acres of property, and filling up a grain silo for the winter months.
    This place has an agricultural background, followed by an industrial one due to the Automobie.
    I just hate to see us throw it all away because big powered governmental officials are too blinded by dollar signs.

11. Shelby

Gold Member

If she gets the nomination you can count on four more years of Republican leadership. I guarantee it.

12. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    I know I'd vote for her.

Something is better than Nothing.

C

If she gets the nomination you can count on four more years of Republican leadership. I guarantee it.
    [post=350077]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

13. Dominik20

Albums:
    Who is Elisabeth III ?? :evilgrin:
    Soorryyy....I could not pinch that myself :)

[post=350075]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

14. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    presumably, one of Rikter8's descendants. :shrug:

15. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

i'm related to all kinds of royalty that hasn't been born yet.

16. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:

Stop the presses! SpeedoGuy agrees with many, if not all, the items on Dr. Z's list. But I suspect how we address these problems is where the fireworks will begin.

SG

17. jay_too

jay_too New Member

1. Graduate education to maintain our nation's technical competence.
    2. Education to support the arts and social sciences to improve our quality of life.
    3. Education to produce the right teachers, engineers, accountants, etc. to support the business of America.
    4. Education to train a high tech work force.
    5. Ballooning federal deficits. [This is making China our banker; some believe we have divergent interests.]
    6. A tax system that caters to the very wealthy. [So the top 5% pay 90% of the federal taxes...the lower 50% provide 90+% of the soldiers to protect their asses and assets.]
    7. A tax system that encourages creative tax avoidance schemes rather than one that encourages individual savings.
    8. A lack of goverance at the federal level.
    9. A lack of civility between the parties is trickling down to the grassroots. [I am beginning to avoid socializing with rabid evangelical Christians despite having been friends for years.]
    10. Homeland security. So many billions have been unwisely spent or not spent.

I have not listed Iraq, America's training ground for Islamic terrorism, because I have very mixed feelings about what would be best. I demonstrated against going in; however, after the "shock and awe" and Bush's quick victory [huh?], I began to think we needed to fix what we broke. A couple of years ago, I guessed that the cost to America would be as much as $1 trillion before we brought the troops home. Now, I think it will be between $2 and $3 trillion. I think we need a national dialogue on the Iraq problem and not a partisan slugfest with name calling. This is real problem. To me, the issue is where do we spend this amount of money or if we do need to spend it? From the right, I am :evilgrin:

jay

18. Sabln7

Sabln7 New Member

[post=350077]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

I hope the Democrats are not shortsighted enough to nominate Hillary. Yes, I can vote for her, but she cannot carry the conservative states, like Texas, that Bush carried. We must have a moderate who is not "tainted" by ultra liberals, or the Democrats can kiss the next election good by too. The red states will elect an ultra-conservative, but not an ultra-liberal.

19. brainzz_n_dong

brainzz_n_dong New Member

1. Current energy situation. You can't simply just put big red X's through energy-rich areas of the country and make them off-limit to exploration simply because it offends your sensibilities. Old sources can be married to emerging technologies to greatly improve our situation.

2. Fiscal policies at the state and federal level.

3. Unfunded social program liabilities. Estimates vary, but we have in excess of $30 Trillion of pension, social security, medicare, medicaid, etc., committments that lack the money to back them up during this century.

4. The current health care system.

5. BINO (Border in name only) between us and Mexico. We have to end illegal immigration.

6. The concept of government bureaucracies. They have become black holes that are sucking in nothing but money and generating little except ineptitude. There needs to be a total reworking of how services are delivered/responses handled in both everyday and crisis situations.

7. Regulations and regulation manuals on every subject, in every industry, that are already 10 miles thick and becoming thicker. Violate one and spend the rest of your life in court.

8. Current education system. Spending goes up and up, yet our rank among other nations seldom rises and struggles not to fall. Failure to improve in the fields of math and science will ensure a whole host of problems in the near future if not addressed.

9. Judicial fiat. Courts haved moved beyond their original purpose of interpreting laws to the arena of creating laws.

10. ACLU - The Anti-Christian League of Unbelievers has essentially become the face of a movement whereby it's believed the customs and traditions of society are unimportant if they so much as "offend" one person who doesn't share them. Multiculturalists preach how we should respect other cultures but fail to see (or care) how they're banishing ours at the same time.

20. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    oh fuck off

Draft saved Draft deleted